girizen

Help Figo or Swift

Hi All,

I am in a dilema. I am thinking of buying petrol since my daily commute is less. I have shortlisted the Figo and the Swift. The Figo comes fully loaded at the price of Swift Vxi. Also the Swift has a waiting of about 2 months. On the other hand, its a Maruti so no worries for ASS. Plus its a drivers car and the mileage is better.

Please help me decide.

I already own a Zen which I intend to keep for some time.

No to Figo petrol. Its a different story for the diesel though. Swift any day is a better petrol car than figo. The engine, performance, and efficiency is much much better than figo petrol.

Swift vxi ABS is the best deal. If you have no other choice other than swift then wait for two months. Otherwise you may take a look at i20, Polo, fabia, micra and Ritz. But hyundai/maruti has the best service

I'd suggest a Swift of the two, either in it's present avtar or if you can wait a little longer you have the new Swift, which is going to be bigger, better and lighter (by 50 kgs) than the present one with better interior's and back seat space and boot space too. Or you can also try the i10 1.2 Kappa2. If you want something new try out the Micra or wait for the Etios 1.2 coming early next year. I have a feeling the Etios sedan will make an entry before the hatch: which is supposedly due only early next year.

Go for Swift Petrol with 1.2 K-series petrol engine.

Its One of the best cars on the Roads of India today, as it've got perfect blend of Performance, Driving Pleasure & Economy.

Or Else wait for the Toyota's Etios hatchback to arrive by few months.

It'll come with Probably 1.2l 70PS VVT-i petrol engine & will be definitely Aggressively priced.

Don't go for Swift at this point of time as:

1) the waiting period is 2 months.

2) By the time, your car arrives it will be time for the new swift to come in.

Other than that Ford Figo P is a good option. In fact, figo has registered a strong 50.000 sales mark recently and going steady.

Just read the reviews of Figo in magazines.It is one of the most VFM cars available today.

Maruti does not even offer a stereo on it's vxi version.

Swift will go whimps, if one starts to look at the equipment Ford is offering at the price.

Other options include i10/ritz/Micra/Punto.

You have not mentioned anything about your driving requirements, which will help the people here in answering more aptly to your query.rahulgupta31012010-10-22 20:03:39

Thanks all or your comments.

@sb-alto

My priority is rear seat comfort as I need a car more for weekend drives with my family

@Durango

I have dilly dallied for more than 6 months so dont want to wait any more.

I have finally decided on the Figo. Since there is a long wait for the Swift by the time it arrives I will have second thoughts as the new version will be around the corner. Also, the amount of accessories that Figo offers makes it VFM in my opinion.

i've heard that the rear windows dont open all the way down in Figo. And that there is no power window option (for rear windows) even in the top end model - correct me if i am wrong about this.

You sure you are ok with this girizen?

Titanium is top end variant in Figo with no rear power window & window glass cann't be rolled down completely due to design. This car is all about cost rationalisation. Just because of price Figo cann't be campared to Swift. Swift has been successful all over the world and being manufactured by maker whose expertise is in small cars.

Figo is for Indian market with parts taken from fusion If your ok with dated look of Figo then only go ahead. To me in interiors seats & space is ok but Dashboard, gear lever & door pads looks tad plasticky & cheap.

@girizen

Buying a car requires both head and heart. Figo is a spacious car and that is no doubt. The build quality is also not bad. The car is no doubt a value for money. But this 50000 sales figure is more for the figo diesel and not the petrol. The petrol is not going good and no reviews will give you positives for it. The diesel figo is no doubt the best of diesel hatches.

Another concern is spares and their cost. Although not as high as that of Polo or Fabia, figo spares are costly.

But then swift is not a flawless car, and back seat comfort is not that good. Now if your heart says figo, go for it. Not many cars provide that much space and value.

If you want, you may try and TD cars like Punto, Polo, Ritz and Indigo eCS petrol

All said 'n done. Keep this as a thumb rule "If its petrol, it has to be Japanese, if its Diesel, it can be EU, Italy, US"

When we don't have a product satisfying our needs from the above lot, we shall look further than this, so

Do take a look at Ritz and if money is not a concern it has to be a JAZZ

Just my two cents, if you considering Swift/Ritz:

Go for either Lxi/Zxi variants only. I do not consider Vxi variants of both the cars as value of money. For a premium of about 35k, you just get 'great' extra features like  fabric inserts on door pads, body coloured door handles, central locking without remote, power steering and a tachometer. Hence if you could do without tachometer and door inserts, you could get all the mentioned features at almost half the price.

And my suggestion is to go for MGA remote central locking from Nippon, which would cost you around 6k. Though it is  a bit expensive, it is very nicely integrated to the car.