hersh_s1

Inviting all true fans: The Punto Club

Dear Members,

Please accept my invitation to start the very first Punto Club. Its an open invitation for all members who own or are planning to own this gorgeous lady. Lets enjoy the true spirit of appreciating & sharing the experiences.

Here are a few guidelines of joining this club:

1. This invitation is open to all who enjoys the true spirit of Punto.

2. We would not be sharing any negative comparisons or issues (the idea is to celebrate the true spirit)

3. On accepting please share your name, place & experiences

4. Open to ideas from one & all: How to make this club successful

I look forward for all the true appreciators smiley1.gif

im planning to buy a premium hatch, did shortlist the punto 1.2 emoiton, but the after sales hs been forcing me not to go for it.

Have you driven it on long trips??...i have heard its turbo seriously lags power.

out of topic...to be frank 1.2 does lack power..but if u are a regular city driver this car is absolute ok..i have always kept between 2000-2500rpm mark..the second gear is very sluggish...but apart from power if you are looking for a comfortable ride, features this is the best bet...till date i haven't faced any issue with the plastic quality, service or anything..i guess fiat workshops are good enough like others...so depends if u are looking for more power go for the MJD if it suits...

i have heard its turbo seriously lags power.

The 1.2 petrol SOHC 8 valve engine is natural aspirated engine. There is no Turbo petrol engine. No question of turbo lag.

Just for your info only Linea is 1.4 Petrol Turbo charged in Sub 10 lac Bracket and then Laura ( New Octavia) is turbo charged 1.8 L TFSI Petrol engine at 13.5 lacs. Other higher end 20+ lacs cars are Turbo Charged or Super charged depending upon on Manufacturer.

My friend had already booked a swift vdi, although as a car enthusiast he prefered the Punto, however his father was reluctant on maruthi. He knew the Punto was a much better car but was also taken back by the wrong rumours that the A.S.S. of Fiat was not upto the mark, and this info was given to  him by people who never owned a Fiat. He also had a few questions in terms of technology and I was more than happy to tell him the same.

After our conversation the next day morning he went and cancelled the booking, informed them that he is going for the Punto & requested for his refund and the maruthi guy told him repeatedly, "Sir, your doing a big mistake".

He is getting his Red Punto 1.3 emotion within 10 days of booking and immediately driving to his hometown with his family, which is 1300 kms. He is also getting goodies such as GPS system, 3M paper and other additional goodies.

Will keep you posted after his delivery tomorrow and hopefully his experience when he comes back. I am sure he will enjoy every moment.

@ Devil: I'm sure your friend & his dad will never regret their decision..Honestly I look Punto as a silent leader..it has never shouted at its buyers to own it smiley4.gif

@ Bala: Guess your prayers will be answered soon..FIAT has lots in its kitty to bring it here..The Tjet is one of them.

@DD, Punto 90 is too costly. It is dangerously priced somewhat closer to i20/Polo/Fabia

@Hersh, The MJD VGT across variants is need of the hour. And to capture value consious but safety concerned customers, fiat should launch the DYNAMIC ABS(optional).

Is there a market for TJet in India? Going by Linea's pricing, Punto TJet would cost around 7.5-8L
creativebala2010-10-29 10:39:41

I feel Linea T-Jet is one of the most VFM sedans in the market today. Very desirable too, visavis City and Vento. Vento appearance somehow appears too bland for me. Linea T-Jet has the right mix of everything. Sorry for going OT,Hersh.

@DD- Yes the Punto 90 BHP is VGT (Variable Geometry Turbo).

My friend who had booked the Punto is a very 'superstitious' guy. His Punto was ready the day Fiat promised his delivery(28/oct-Thur). He however thought he would take the delivery on Fri and could leave office early. His work for the day wasnt getting over soon and his eagerness to collect his 'Lady in Red' grew by the hour. He finished his work as quickly as possible and hurried on his bike to Prerana Motors on Lalbagh road. Unfortunately due to the tension of office & the eagerness to drive his new car, he met with a small accident and injured his leg. He was still reluctant to take the delivery and drive his car home & to the temple. However, he couldnt getup the next day from his bed due to the injury. Presently he is at rest for a couple of days & waiting his journey of 1300 kms in the Punto. I guess nothing can stop anyone from an enthusiastic drive.