sri_k

i10 vs Beat vs Ritz

Hi folks,am new to this forum..this is my first post,am happy to have joined this forum&hope to gain more auto knowledge..smiley1.gif

Have budget of 4.5lks for small car..Have shortlisted the

i10,beat,ritz..This car is mainly going to be driven by lady,daily

commute to office,mainly for city usage..

My main concerns are-

low manitenance

fuel efficient

Good A.S.S

Please help...Thanks.smiley1.gif

Beat is nowhere near to other in your main requirements. It has some additional features though.

I will recommend i10 1.2. Its new, has same features as Ritz, and nearly everything is same including mileage though Ritz has a better engine. Its quality of interiors

is better than Ritz. Test drive both the cars. You cant go wrong with either

EDIT: After seeing the prices, I think you should go for Ritz VXI or the Genus limited edition if it is still available as it definitely has more features. Also you will be able to get some discounts on itrahul18102010-10-21 20:54:59

Beat is nowhere near to other in your main requirements. It has some additional features though.

I will recommend i10 1.2. Its new' date=' has same features as Ritz, and nearly everything is same including mileage though Ritz has a better engine. Its quality of interiors

is better than Ritz. Test drive both the cars. You cant go wrong with either

EDIT: After seeing the prices, I think you should go for Ritz VXI or the Genus limited edition if it is still available as it definitely has more features. Also you will be able to get some discounts on it[/quote']

thanks rahul for your reply..the i10 1.2 overshoots the budget,we could consider i10 era since it comes to approx 4.5lks on-road..also for ritz the base model is available which isnt that great compared to features offered by i10 era..but as you mentioned it has bigger engine,maruti A.S.S,cheap maintenance..We are yet to enauire details on Beat..

Test drove the ritz,the car feels bit huge as said by lady,she feels bit reluctant to buy..nonthing else..she hasnt yet driven the i10..

If not Ritz, It would be a better option to go for Wagon R or A-star. Both are similarly specced, have very good engines, and my guess is you wont be needing much space. The lady would also like the looks of A-star. At 4.5 lakhs you should be able to get fully loaded A-star considering the discounts. You will also get all the features like stereo(not in era), safety equipments like Airbags, ABS. A-star is a very comfortable car regarding the front 2 seats.

If space is the concern, Wagon R and Estilo are same as A-star but more spacious, but dont expect as much discounts as you would get on A-star

If not Ritz' date=' It would be a better option to go for Wagon R or A-star. Both are similarly specced, have very good engines, and my guess is you wont be needing much space. The lady would also like the looks of A-star. At 4.5 lakhs you should be able to get fully loaded A-star considering the discounts. You will also get all the features like stereo(not in era), safety equipments like Airbags, ABS. A-star is a very comfortable car regarding the front 2 seats.

If space is the concern, Wagon R and Estilo are same as A-star but more spacious, but dont expect as much discounts as you would get on A-star[/quote']

Thanks rahul,Sorry didnt like the wagonr..Will tell her about the a-star..But hows a-star compared to i10?

i hardly see few of them on roads...

A-star is an excellent car. Thou you cant compare it with an i10. But i wouldn't go with the i10era, go for the A-star, but the lady has to be a little tall as the seats are bit low and driving it may take time getting used to, otherwise the car is an excellent buy if space is not a concern

I would recommend upcoming Beat 1L Diesel. JUst wait a month or so. YOu may get the basic version for your budget.

low manitenance( 3 yrs no maintainance)
fuel efficient( 1L MJD should give more than 20kmpl+ for ladies)
Good A.S.S( GM AfSS is good' date=' I being its customer for 2+ yrs)
[/quote']

If I were you, I will go with I-10 1.2, Pleas stretch a bit and go for it. It is perfect car for Lady and overall. Ritz is also a very good car, but rear visibility is a concern. I will avoid Beat for poor front visibility, lower resale (assumed from past experience) and GM service. All the best.

The Ritz does look huge...if driven by a lady, the Beat would definetly suit her, but its not the best choice, especially considering the low resale value for chevrolets. The i10 1.2 sounds to be the best choice for you, & i dont think it would overshoot your budget by much, do test drive it.

\m/_smiley16.gif_\m/

A-star has extremely comfortable front seats. Rear is a little bit cramped but I am guessing it wont be used much. It has an excellent fuel efficiency and is very good to drive. At the price point you are looking at you will get a fully loaded model, which wont be the case with i10.

A-star sold less only because it was completely canibalised by Wagon R and some space concerns. i10 is almost as big as Ritz so she might feel it to be big too.

I am stressing on A-star espesciall because at same price in A-Star you are getting Safety features like ABS and Airbags which I consider of prime importance

A-star is an excellent car. Thou you cant compare it with an i10. But i wouldn't go with the i10era' date=' go for the A-star, but the lady has to be a little tall as the seats are bit low and driving it may take time getting used to, otherwise the car is an excellent buy if space is not a concern[/quote']

We didnt consider the i10 since it was feeling small compared to i10..though am not sure we didnt compare the dimensions..secondly the sales figure did makes us think should we consider the a-star..

I'd play safe with an i10 1.2 or the Ritz. The new i10 with added features would be my choice.

Even we are confused b/w the i10&Ritz..ruling out Beat...i10 kappa exceeds budget..Ritz as compared to i10 era offers far more less features for the same amount..hows the IRDe compared to K-seriesκ?is there any changes made in IRde2 engine of hyundai?

The Ritz does look huge...if driven by a lady' date=' the Beat would definetly suit her, but its not the best choice, especially considering the low resale value for chevrolets. The i10 1.2 sounds to be the best choice for you, & i dont think it would overshoot your budget by much, do test drive it.

\m/_smiley16.gif_\m/
[/quote']

isnt IRDe the same engine as used in santro?Will think about i10 kappa 1.2...thanks for your response..

I would recommend upcoming Beat 1L Diesel. JUst wait a month or so. YOu may get the basic version for your budget.

low manitenance( 3 yrs no maintainance)

fuel efficient( 1L MJD should give more than 20kmpl+ for ladies)

Good A.S.S( GM AfSS is good' date=' I being its customer for 2+ yrs)

[/quote']

I am already ruling out Beat..its just b/w i10 or ritz..

@sri k : Please do not post one after the another. Wait until someone replies.

As per forum records and my personal experience, I can say that i10 1.1era is a better car than i10 kappa in many ways. 1.1 is actually more fuel efficient and has better AC than kappa. Or the AC works better somehow.

Ritz is a very good car indeed, but not LXi. Firstly very less features and equipments, then poor tyres, and bad visibility.

If fuel efficiency, space and city driving is the main criteria with good aftersales, then WagonR is a good option.

Kseries is better engine than kappa both in terms of efficiency and performance. The 1.0litre k series is better than the irde 1.1 doing duty in the i10 era. But just the engine is not a point to remove it from a choice.

From my side :

1. WagonR vxi

2. i10 era

3. Ritz lxi

sb-alto2010-10-22 17:51:37

go for the A-star' date=' but the lady has to be a little tall as the seats are bit low and driving it may take time getting used to, otherwise the car is an excellent buy if space is not a concern[/quote']

I don not think that it would be a problem. Even A-Star VXi comes with seat height adjustment now. This would be a boon for short drivers.

@sri k : Please do not post one after the another. Wait until someone replies.As per forum records and my personal experience' date=' I can say that i10 1.1era is a better car than i10 kappa in many ways. 1.1 is actually more fuel efficient and has better AC than kappa. Or the AC works better somehow. Ritz is a very good car indeed, but not LXi. Firstly very less features and equipments, then poor tyres, and bad visibility. If fuel efficiency, space and city driving is the main criteria with good aftersales, then WagonR is a good option. Kseries is better engine than kappa both in terms of efficiency and performance. The 1.0litre k series is better than the irde 1.1 doing duty in the i10 era. But just the engine is not a point to remove it from a choice. From my side : 1. WagonR vxi2. i10 era3. Ritz lxi

[/quote']

Yup i knew i10era offers much more features than ritz..But the maruti brand image,good A.S.S makes me think should i buy ritz for these reasons?Hows the hyundai service ,spare parts prices compared to maruti?

Also i have been told that kappa is more fuel efficient than IRDe..just similar to k-sries of maruti..We are not considering the wagonr for its looks..?Any good hyundai dealer in mumbai from whom i should buy the car?

See, if you like the ritz and can afford it then it is better in terms of space, power, efficiency and after sales service. What is poor is the equipment level. If you are ok with that then there is no need to look further.

Hyundai and Maruti has almost similar sales and service. Spare costs are more or less identical too.

Kappa is efficient only on papers and on ARAI. In real life irde is better in efficiency.

@sri_k;

Saying again, IMO i10 is better car than Ritz for the City usage, especially its iRDE engined as it makes the Highest Torque at the lowest Rpms needed in City usage than kappa & K-series engines.

That's why in City & at Moderate Speeds iRDE is more Fuell efficient than the kappa engine & also now Re-Engineered by Hyundai in new i10 for more better Fuel efficiency & Throttle responses & now its Renamed as iRDE2.

Also All-around visibilty of i10 is much better than MS Ritz & its now more feature loaded too.

hey Sri,

I defintely recommend i10 - Great little car as described by a female friend who recently bought one...she just loves it....And I myself own an i10 for the last 3 years, definitely second that....Easy to manoeuvre even for ladies..Great Interiors...And with the Next-gen also great features...

Ritz - Good Car, but definitely head to head, overall i10 would still be better

Beat - Best Features in the segment...its a chevvy..so no maintainence worries for 3 yrs....but after that, service and parts could be a concern....and also resale value may be a concern...

A-star - Still would say its in a segment lower when compared to to i10-Ritz...so definitely can get more safety features like ABS and AirBags at the same price...

So overall, i10 would definitely be the safest choice as per me...

All the best...Happy Driving :)

Though all cars three cars are good..the value for money definitly promises it for ritz....its sleek, compact. new powerful engine and maruti's reliability is the best buying point. Though, A-star and estilo are worth mentioning in the same price bracket too. 

IMO, Ritz is in a segment slightly higher than i10. Hence think there is no point in comparing i10 and Ritz back to back.

If the budget permits (Almost 20k premium over i10) and if you need more space, go for Ritz.

And if you need a compact car than i10, at a lower price, I would. suggest A-Star.