sri_k

i10 vs Beat vs Ritz

Have booked i10 era..happy19.gifNow

need to know on accessories list..must have accessories for the

car..which brand music system?under body treatment is done by company

dinitrol?is it good??

Muisc system am being told by dealer that hyundai deck with speakers for  12k..but i insisted on sony..is it good decision?how is pioneer or jvc?

Keyless entry again hyundai but i asked for autocop but the dealer

doesnt have them..now should i buy hyundai??i asked him whether can i fit autocop from known person,but he

told it will void the warranty..is it true??

please help guys..thanks..happy19.gif

Congrats sri_k for booking the New i10 Era.

Which colour do you've booked & what's the Expected Delivery date ??

Go for Hyundai's Genuine Security system & Aftermarket Sony Xplod or Pioneer Music system.

You'll save lot of money with these.. 
dr_nishu2010-10-28 14:03:34

Congrats on the buy sri_k. It was a very good decision in the end. smiley20.gif

Yes, go for the underbody anti-rust paint. Dinitrol is a good brand. No issues, and get this done. Some people argue that you can do it later, but I would suggest to play safe.

Do not go for music systems from Hyundai dealer. They charge too much. The same stuffs from any car accessory shop will be cheaper even with proper bill and warranty. Pioneer is the best of the lot. It is value for money.

i10 era has got central locking as standard, isnt it ? If you still wish to go for a remote locking then, go with the one that does not void warranty. If hyundai says that fitting Hyundai genuine does not void warranty, then go for it. These are cases when you are out of options.

@dr nishu...color is champagne gold..expected delivery date is around 18thnov or could be even befor as told by dealer..have gone for keyless entry by hyundai&sony xplod musci system from dealer..no aftermarket fittings as dealer told me it will void warranty..

@sb-alto the reason i went for musics system is dealer said it will void warranty..have gone for sony xplod since dealer doesnt have pioneer..he has sony,blaupunkt,hyundai...i chose sony...

What is PU-coating?is it necessary??

@sri_k - The dealers say this just to increase their sales. The outside market people also install the music system and keyless entry without cutting the wires. Dont fall for the dealers trap, and lose hard earned money.

Almost all decent music system installers plug in a loom and then wire the music system up (no wire cutting). The remote may be more problematic. I had a Cobra (Hyundai OE made by Autocop) in my Accent. It failed after five years. It took the A$$ all of five minutes to unplug the loom and off I went. I will go for the OE remote.

sgiitk2010-10-28 17:53:59

@driftpunk...am total noobie for cars..dont have any knowledge..so whatever the dealer said i am following it..he had specifically warned me that if anything we found out messed with electrical system we will take no responisbilty..

How much would be for keyless entry from autocop??what exactly is keyless entry?how is it different from autocop security or are they same?

@sgiitk this means it just a wire connector which any roadside mechanic can do without touching or tampering with wires??

The entire package is a security system. A system where you do not need to turn keys to lock doors. Press a button on the remote and all 4 doors are locked. Press another to unlock. If remote locking is standard then no need for another security lock.

Yes, every car has a music system connector harness. Just plug in and play. No need of any wiring cut. So getting a music system installed is an easy job and nothing happens with warranty.

@sri_k: Exactly. The will unplug one connector, install the patch unit, and plug the connector into it. The patch will contain wires for all the power etc. for the Stereo.

The same happens in the OE remote. However, some guns and wiring may have to be installed. Only the driver's side door if there is central locking, all four doors otherwise. Let me suggest, if you have central locking then forget the remote part. I had remote locking in my Accent but do not have it on my Santro.

@sgiitk...the car has got manual central locking...so thought i would opt for remote locking...regarding the music system i have gone for sony which came for 11k with speakers..is this reasonable price?

There is a huge selection so prices can vary. 11k sounds right for a low-mid end system with CD.

thanks sir...now am fully noobish with regards to insurance..can you let me know which motor insurance to take?have been suggested new india insurance by dealer..is this good?what all to ask for insurance?

He also has icici lombrad,bajaj,reliance,new india..should i go through him?Should i get one myself?

Choose between ICICI & Bajaj. Check out its features 'n bargain for best price.

IMHO, you can get the keyless 'n ICE done outside.

As you said before, 12k for Sony from dealer can't be a good deal.

For the ICEing part, get a basic Pioneer HU(might be a USB'd one), the buy a COAX for front door and buy JBL 937 or 947(If budget permits) on a wooden plonk would give you awesome performance( for your budget)
creativebala2010-11-02 06:33:48

Hi Friends.

I am confused between i10 Kappa2 Magna, ritz VXi and Beat LT model.All the 3 are good Hatchback.Currently i own m-800. On Road i10 comes to around 4.75 (NO DEALER DISCOUNT) + NO CD PLAYER.

Ritz comes around 4.81 (11K Dealer Discount) + CD PLAYER.

Budget No more than 4.75

I dont know wat to Choose.

Currently i have M-800 which also i would give it in exchange.

Pls Guide me ASAP

Ritz is the obvious choice since whatever car you buy you will want to have CD Player. Also it has a wonderful 1.2 liter engine and is much more spacious.

Dont keep Beat in Contention as it is less spacious and has a poorer engine than these two.

Hi folks' date='am new to this forum..this is my first post,am happy to have joined this forum&hope to gain more auto knowledge..smiley1.gifHave budget of 4.5lks for small car..Have shortlisted the

i10,beat,ritz..This car is mainly going to be driven by lady,daily

commute to office,mainly for city usage..

My main concerns are-

low manitenance

fuel efficient

Good A.S.S

Please help...Thanks.smiley1.gif

[/quote']

Hi Sri

With a budget of 4.5 lakhs, you should go for either hyundai i10 or Maruti A-Star. Both are good cars in the small cars segment. A-Star is actually said to be ladies car because of its looks. The fact that its an out and out city car and is easy to maneuver is another plus point. The power and mileage are surely the best in this category. The dual-tone grey interiors are easy on the eyes. while ritz provides a mileage of around 17kmpl and i10 has a mileage of around 18 kmpl on the highways , A-Star gives more than 19kmpl on the highways and upto 14kmpl on the roads. It surely is a low maintainance and fuel-efficient car. With these specs in mind, the lady can go for either of these.

cheers

@all..took delivery of my i10 on 18..feeling happy but the keyless entry stopped working on the second day itself..shouted at dealer but he dodnt bother to listen..gave me number of some technician who will repair the keyless entry..but the guy refused to come to my residence instead he asked my personally to come to service centre..got the keyless entry rectified..while doing all this also got one minor dent in bumper which made me feel sad..one rick banged from behind when i was taking u-turn...though the dent isnt fully visible but i need to get it fixed..any suggestions??dont want to go to service centre...also avoid shreenath hyundai from mumbai located andheri..my sincere advice...

I didnt get any freebies...smiley7.gif i paid for all accessoires..the reason am upset is the dealer service,on the day of delivery i was being promised of good service in future,on the second dfay itself i could see their true colour..smiley7.gif

my sincere advice to all fellow members even if you are considering buying hyundai avoid shreenath hyundai at andheri...

Neways now coming to doubts which is best engine oil&coolant to be used for i10?Can  i request service centre to put the engine oil i prefer?

Relax Sri' date=' nudges and bangs are just part and parcel of driving around.

You just can't help it sometimes.

Did u get any freebies wit the car?
[/quote']

Congrats Sri for getting the delivery of your New car.

Please do post pics of your car here.

Rest Not only in Mumbai, Hyundai dealers in other cities are also Crap, they use to sell Cheap & Local Accessories with their cars for getting sales as Freebies.

Once they've Refused me to give i20's Test Drive, but after Shouting on them they gave it then.

They've to learn from Maruti dealers, which Irrespective of their Business deals & schemes, sell only Genuine MGA accessories or other Branded Ones with Proper bills & details.

Sorry to hear about the dent and the remote lock problem. I just hope that no other problem crops up.

Oils change can be done according to your wish. But a lot depends on the service people. Sometimes they do not accept outside oils or do not allow others to choose oils and parts.

If they allow, stick to Castrol Magnatec semi synthetic oil. Mobil1 or Shell are costly.

@dr nishu...will upload pix soon..can upload only one pic since the rest of pix has my family,&they dont want it to upload those pix..

@bala...Thanks..you need to congratulate my sis,it belongs to her,will try to source mobil1 or shell..i doubt regarding the availabilty of shell  oils,since there are no shell outlets in mumbai..

@sb...any idea regarding the pricing of shell&mobil1?which grade of oil should i ask for?Also any suggestions for coolant?

Reagarding the dent,it was unexpected on the next day itslef,since we were slowing down to take u-turn the auto driver lost control &he banged..the minute i got down from the car,he just sped away..smiley6.gif

@sri_k: congrats on your i10. All these small dings are part and parcel of the game. Drive around and don't bother to get it fixed in a hurry, if it's just a small dent. ACI has gone gaga over the i10 1.2 and given it a 9/10 marks. So relax and see the positive side and enjoy driving your hatch.

Thats the difference between the OEM fitted keyless and outside fit, it's bound to fail, I had one fitted in my Accent that failed just like yours(fitted outside) got it rectified. Even if you have to stretch a bit go for the higher spec car than have things fitted outside, that ensures peace of mind and usually the original Hyundai eletricals are very reliable, haven't had a failure in my almost 11 years of owning Hyundai cars.

Durango Dude2010-11-23 12:15:24