Sign in to follow this  
RKNG

Tata Nano BS4 query

HI guys,

finally i am back in india and in bangalore...decided that my set of wheel will be the nano lx..so i went to the dealer nearest to my house, K.H.T motors(?) for he info and financing options etc..

As it was a weekend and due to the aria being on display it was very crowded..but staff were prompt and service was acceptable...I had a look at the BS4 display car (LX model) and it all seemd good.

Now to my query part. I noticed that in BS4 lx model, the blue band sunscreen strip on top of the front windshield ( this was a feature exclusive to lx model before and in many tata cars) was not there...when i asked the sales staff, they were clueless...but in the brocherure it is mentioned that this feature is there in lx model.

I didnot get to see any other lx model, so cannot judge. Has TATA quietly removed this feature on cost grounds or what? any body has any info?

Regards,

RK

You have caught them on a wrong foot.

Their website also indicate that LX shall have a Front Windshied which is `Tinted with Top Blue Band '.

I think the blue band is a transparent sticker fixed by the dealer at the time of delivery of the vehicle.   

Insist on the dealer to do it. Even if he doesn't, it costs hardly anything.  

By the way, are the window glasses tinted ?  This is important than that blue band.

You wont get tinted windows. But you can get it 'sun screened' for under 1000 rupees. And don't forget to obtain extended warranty as this is a must in the case of nano and i have a first hand experience of it.