hersh_s1

FIAT to improve AC efficiency

Source ACI Nov Issue:

Growing customer complaints of poor cooling, especially in the 1.2 punto and 1.4 petrol linea, has forced the company to redesign the entire HVAC system. All fiats now sold will come with new air-conditioning units which include a new variable compressor and a beefed up condensor unit.

However, for existing owners, fiat is planning to retrofit a kit that will have all the parts of the new air con system to sort out the problem.

This process could take a couple of months and will begin in regions where ambient temperatures are hotter than elsewhere.

So, Here came the Quality Recall from the Fiat India.

This is the 1st serious consequence of the Tata-Fiat India JV.

In Reality Tata Motors is Irresponsible for their Product Quality & Reliability & hence made the Prestigious Fiat brand to suffer like that.
dr_nishu2010-10-27 17:00:41

I have driven my friends Palio for quite sometime and I must say that Fiat A/C's are good ones. Although I havent had much of a Punto/Linea a/c sitting! I would invite the Fiat owners to comment here.

My friend's Linea 1.3 has a splendid a/c. We have hardly used to 3 or 4 mark. Its usually 1 or sometimes just for a few mins to mark 2. Never tried the 1.2 or 1.4 a/c though. I think its quiet fabulous in 1.3

I faced AC issues in starting in my punto 1.2..a leakage was detected & since then the AC has been fabulous..i haven't used it above 2 till now..its better that even then FIAT is working on strengthening customer confidence...I feel FIAT is treating their present customers with utmost attention..again my personal opinion.

I have been trying to get my mandatory one year service of my Fiat Linea, believe it or not for the past one month and half I am unable toget a date for servcing. My car was purchased on 23 Sept 2009. I had made several calls to the dealer and sought appointment the answer would be leave your phone number we will revert back. Reason of my seeking advance appointment is that the service advisor do not speak without prior appointment and do not open job card if one walks in without prior appointment and are rude to the highest order. I have purchased car from Rama Motors and on prior two occasion, were unable to get trained mechanic and on one occasion when the car AC was having problem and fuel meter indicator not working ( it still doesnt work ) the mechanic confessed that he was only comfortable with indica, such is the state` of affair.The mechanics cant even identify the problem or rectify the defects, they were supposed to call back when trained person was available, that never happened.

I ma still waiting a reversion to my complaint fro the company where I lodged the details of the sorry state of affair and problems faced. The toll free number works but I had send second request to know the status. Even the company website doest work properly and complaint or suggestion made on the web including that of CEO bounces back to yoiur mail.

I think there is genetic problem with service. Car is excellent but there is nothing Italian about the attitude of service teams. My previous car was Opel but till date the service is immaculate.

@asgadv: i have been facing the similar problems with Rama Motors..About 2 weeks back i went to get my door lock checked & saw that there was heavy rush..people had prior appointments..i was a walk-in..i waited for about an hour & still got no response..spoke to manager but his attitude was very snobbish..i couldn't take it more & called fiat helpline immediately...believe me within minutes i got a call from Sanya motors okhla workshop & they guided me to thier workplace..i know sanya is pathetic if compared but i got better response from them..i came back & mailed fiat about rama's attitude & since then i have been getting regular calls from rama to get my car serviced there..i have been ignoring them but they are pleading...this is the second time it happened with me at rama...but i think fiat is very responsive..the way things were handled at their end is commendable...i think rama is running short on labour since dussera & they are experiencing heavy bookings...it would be better if you call up fiat directly...

This thread makes one feel that Fiat is doing a fair bit to gain customer-confidence back in it's product, and moreover Fiat's service.

The real bottleneck seems to be the tie-up between Tata and Fiat. Tata service centers are just not skilled enough to handle these Italian machines. So, although the product in -itself might be fantastic, but the whole motoring experience of the customer is marred by the atrocious Service and repair environment.

Keep the good work up and rolling Fiat.

During interaction with Rajeev Kapoor, CEO and other Fiat officials on 3 December 2010 at Ranjangaon during our Fiat factory visit organised by Team Fiat India and Fiat India Automobiles Limited, we were informed that Fiat had plans to train mechanics from the dealerships regarding replacement of AC kits for Linea/Punto petrol versions, inform the customers individually through the respective dealerships and complete the process of replacement before the summer of 2011.  Priority would be given to cities located in high temperature zone, followed by other cities.  I think, Bangalore will get the last priority!

This A/C issue on the Linea is quite absurd. When the Linea was launched, ACI as well as Fiat themselves informed prospective buyers that the Linea has a beefed up A/c unit for India's harsh and humid climate. And now this ??

Seems like a case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.