shanthanreddyp

JD Power CSI study 2010 is Out

Maruti & FIAT top JD Power Customer Service rankings

Maruti is No 1. & Fiat is ranked No. 2 as per JD Power CSI study 2010,

FIAT is the most improved nameplate this year.

THE RANKING IS AS FOLLOWS:

RANK       BRAND                         POINTS

No.1    MARUTI SUZUKI                 849

INDUSTRY AVERAGE                    812

No.2    FIAT                                      801

No 3    HONDA                                789

No.4    HYUNDAI                             785

No.5    TATA                                   779

No.6    TOYOTA                             777

No.7    CHEVROLET                      771

NO.8   SKODA                               770

NO.9   FORD                                   749

NO.10 MAHINDRA                        747

NO.11 MAHINDRA-RENAULT     746

Now what about other brands like VW, and other new imported brands. shanthanreddyp2010-10-29 07:38:29

"Fiat opening brand stores without Tata"

According to another survey seen in a newspaper ad in today's Deccan Chronicle (and other newspapers too) is that [b}Fiat is voted the No.1 in customer satisfaction by the Hindustan Times MaRS survey 2010

The Ad reads:

We at fiat don't believe our job ends when sale is made. Which is why' date= when it comes to spares, we spare you unnecessary expenses, with parts that are both affordable and easily available. Some thing the AUTOCAR India spare part survey confirms. No wonder Fiat cars have been voted #1 in customer satisfaction by the HT MaRS survey 2010.

Now the talk of TATA, treating Fiat customers with a step motherly treatment is laid to rest. Because not only TATA has brought FIAT more wide dealer network but also with its support has made Fiat gain the No. 2 spot in customer satisfaction by JD Power Asia-Pacific CSI 2010.

[/Quote]

Fiat cars have been voted #1 in customer satisfaction by the HT MaRS survey 2010.

Need we say more on TATA-FIAT JV.

shanthanreddyp2010-10-29 08:13:27

There was a time when Skoda came second. Fiat is above Honda and Tata above Toyota, very hard to believe. Maruti has been at the top for some years now. Wonder who they survey? I'll take the result with, not a pinch, but tons of salt.

I'm happy for Fiat though.

Durango Dude2010-10-29 08:58:57

It won't be long when TATA will be at no.1 position, just they need to take care of few things like final fit and finish of the cars and noise of their diesel engines.    

One thing we forget is that the buyers of some brands are far more demanding than those of others. There is no way to incorporate these into the survey.

It all depends upon the target customers it is intended upon and customer satifaction. It does not require huge technology to make people happy but the product and servicing that keep customers happy. And FIAT & TATA seem to have done it.

Mahindra talks all about satisfied customers in its ad.But on ground reality it fails to deliver and so consistently. It

There was a time when Skoda came second. Fiat is above Honda and Tata above Toyota' date=' very hard to believe. Maruti has been at the top for some years now. Wonder who they survey? I'll take the result with, not a pinch, but tons of salt.I'm happy for Fiat though.

[/quote']

That was Sales Satisfaction Index

This is Customer Service Index and is based on

Overall Service Satisfaction

Service Advisor's attitude

Service Facility

Vehicle Pickup

Service Quality

Spares availability

Cost of service

Delivery timingshanthanreddyp2010-10-29 11:40:39

@shantan - I agree with the survey. But what puzzles me is that all the brands apart from Maruti are below average. There was atime when only Tata , Fiat Mahindra were below industrial average but now all of them are below the average.

Fiat deserves the position despite what people say.Toyota, Honda have lost its charm and are only interested in making money. These Japanese company seems to forgotten the mantra which had these brands a hit all over the world - VFM - value for money with quality at an affordable price .

What I am thinking about is whether No.6 spot for Toyota is justified or not?

And FIAT at number 2 ? Someone please convince me! Fiat going above Toyota/Honda/Hyundai ? This ain't true man! The FIAT parts and spares are still not openly available everywhere. FIAT, as we all know had almost become a dead-dog company before bouncing back. Has it bounced back enough that it has beaten the most competitive market share leaders?

The after-sales service of FIAT was the thing that had ruined the reputation. Has it come-up to that level that it has surpassed H/T/Hy ?

I wonder what is the basis for these rankings. I am yet to meet anyone who makes purchases on the basis of these ratings.

If you look at another website hosting forum you can see that there are many FIAT owners who have had satisfactory service from TATA Motors dealers.

One of the owner has also punched the following words:

After reading through the thread looks like Fiat getting the 2 spot did not come as much of a surprise to Fiat owners,who have for the majority of times got service.Infact its non-owners who are more sceptical about the results.

JD Power Survey basis:

Highly satisfied customers with overall service performance show more loyalty to both dealerships and the brand.

Commenting on the study and overall improvement by all car makers, JD Power Executive Director (Asia Pacific) Mohit Arora said: "The strong improvement in industry-wide CSI performance during the past year is reflective of the success that manufacturers in India had in enhancing the customer experience at their dealerships."

The study this year is based on responses from over 5,800 owners of more than 60 different models. It was conducted between May and August this year and includes customers, who had purchased their vehicles between May 2008 and August 2009.

Source: Economic timesshanthanreddyp2010-10-30 14:34:36

@shantan - ..... But what puzzles me is that all the brands apart from Maruti are below average.

When you consider that Maruti is more than 50% of the volume, this is only to be expected.

I wonder what is the basis for these rankings. I am yet to meet anyone who makes purchases on the basis of these ratings.

If you look at another website hosting forum you can see that there are many FIAT owners who have had satisfactory service from TATA Motors dealers.

One of the owner has also punched the following words:

After reading through the thread looks like Fiat getting the 2 spot did not come as much of a surprise to Fiat owners' date='who have for the majority of times got service.Infact its non-owners who are more sceptical about the results.

[/quote'] Exactly same feeling, you really need to own Fiat cars to believe their true ownership.