rajush

Diesel/Petrol hatchback, booked i10

Thank you very much  friends , during the test drive I did concentrate on its driveabilty in congested traffic conditions and that to on a uphill road with lots of potholes , I did find the Ritz to be very satble (except for the rattling sound due to a loose spare wheel in the boot) ,. Also the in gear accelaration was very good and it did not seem even a bit under powered (I know what under powered is beacause of my very heavy and sluggish old car 2002 Palio 1.2 ELX) easily proding forward with AC at times in 3'rd gear.

but even now I feel like I am missing out on something  , IS the swift a really better car Vis -a- Vis the Ritz. I can still revert my booking back and convert it into a swift .... please please advice as I am totally and utterly  confused

If you are ok with Ritz looks, you can easily go for it. Its new, pretty spacious, got better interiors, better road view, easy ingress and cheaper than swift.

Where Swift scores more could be its mod friendly looks & its ability to throw at corners in high speed.

PS- Why not consider Beat? it looks good, decently equiped, cheap, 3yrs promise,.. more than everything, a highly FE 1L MJD expected in a month, so around 5L or so, you can get a decent spec'd Diesel.
creativebala2010-11-17 14:18:22

Guys I am sorry to inform that I have held back my booking for the Ritz Zxi as I am unable to digest the shape of ritz . Definately in the medium term when i would want to upgrade to a bigger car ,the resale value of this car will definately suffer vis a vis other cars even like that of a Wagon R.  Even all of friends are suggesting against it ,their point being that there are hardly any Ritz's being seen in pune , Swift Being predominantly visible.  I am really confused  After Swift thr Ritz is such a great car.

Friends , I have decided to revert back to my original choice , the Swift Dzire Vdi for the following

1. Only 1.2 Lks more than the "Best"  Swift

2. No evolutions to be expected at least in the near future.

3. Its the segment leader

4. Being a entry level sedan can seat 5 adults easily and has a bigger boot than any hatch . also its not so long and hence easily driveable in city traffic

5. I wouldn't have to think of upgrading for at least another 3-4 yrs.

6. Being a Maruti less maintaince and good resale value.

What is the actual mileage for the Swift Dzire Zxi  (Petrol), City/ Highway??

Waiting for all your inputs .

Friends , After cancelling Ritz , instead of going for Dezire   I booked  (And this is  final ) i101.2 Sportz (5.09 OTR Pune). The colour that I choose is Ice Silver (Cool colour).Is the 1.1 better than the 1.2 in terms of FE and torque. Is the VTVT in the 1.1 as well. Please  Compare and expand on this topic

Thread title edited.
BornFree2010-11-22 12:31:24

Friends during the Test drive of the i101.2   I found the tyres to be bit narrow. should I upgrade to wider tyres .Please suggest the size for upgrade without affecting FE

I booked  (And this is  final ) i101.2 Sportz (5.09 OTR Pune). The colour that I choose is Ice Silver (Cool colour).Is the 1.1 better than the 1.2 in terms of FE and torque. Is the VTVT in the 1.1 as well. Please  Compare and expand on this topic

Congrats for booking the New i10 1.2 Sportz & the colour you've chosen is also a good colour.

1.1 & 1.2 engines are almost similar in Routine driveability but where the 1.2 kappa scores is in its Relaxed High-Speeds Highway driveability & Strong Mid & Top-Power/Torque range' date=' whereas 1.1 is having Relatively better Low-end torque, beneficial for City driving.

But Overall Driving wise 1.2 kappa engine is more Efficient & Flexible, with now VTVT technology Injecting more Refinement & Pleasure into it.

1.1 engine is Non-VTVT type only 1.2 is having VTVT(Variable Valvetrain technology) only.

I found the tyres to be bit narrow. should I upgrade to wider tyres .Please suggest the size for upgrade without affecting FE

In Routine usage i10 1.2s 155 section tyres are More than enough in providing Comfortable Ride, Stability, Grip & Fuel efficiency, despite of being a Thin looking ones.

But If you still want to upgrade then you can go for 165/70-R13 tyres, without losing on FE.

Many thanks Doctor for your valuable information.

As you have mentioned I would upgrade to the 165/70 tyres from the stock ones.Any specific brand that is advisable. 

Also should I go for alloys At the time of swapping tyres ,please advise for the brand and specs.

The OTR price Pune  for the Ice Silver i10 1.2 Sortz that I have opted is 5.09 Lks (Did not go for third year warranty which is extra 2500 INR) with few free accesories (Matting , Mud flaps , parking sensor, filming ),I have also opted for  Washable seat covers for 2400 and remote locking for 4500 ). No cash discounts offered , is it the same elsewhere or should I bargain hard  for discounts.

In the case of insurance there are cheaper options to what the dealer is offering .Is it advisable to go for them .  Icici and Bajaj are giving good deals . what are key factors to be considered for any car insurance that is Do's and Do not's.    Friends Please advise.

Any i10 1.2 Owners ? what is the mileage that you are getting in city with AC

Sometimes better rubber of same sized tyre helps. If required change the tyres to Michelins or Yokohama without altering size.

i10s are known for poor headlamps. Check if the night lighting is adequate or not. Steering is over sensitive, a bit of caution.

Do not go for parking sensors right away. If you have the habit of driving cars then parking should not be a big problem for a car like i10. Preferable that you go for the extended warranty and dealer insurance for the first time.

Received my i10 1.2 Sportz on the 3.12.10. the Ice silver colour is just cool.the very next day we went (5 adults) to Mahableshwar a hill station  which is around 150 kms from pune. the car handled preeety good even at speeds a shade below 100kmph. however at higher speeds it does not warrant the stability of its european couterparts.My earlier car a Palio was simply great in terms of ride and handling and felt like a tank .the differrence was felt by all my family members too. however to sum it all for a family this seems to be a perfect VFM.Except I feel the abscence of ABS and Airbags which was available in the Ritz for another just Rs.38000, the Asta is weee bit on the expensive side.

I want to post pictures ?

hi friends , i am in South Korea now.  koreans are very patrotic with regards to their cars . all around i see only hyundai's , Kia's , and daewoe's. i also saw the i30 its just good.i will post pictures of same.

hi friends as i am in south korea here i have come across a really gorgeous suv from the KIA stable it is quite popular here. i want to upload a lot of pictures , is there a easier way.