soldd123

Ritz Diesel troubles

Hi gurus,

I have bought a Ritz disel in the month of May 2010 and after running 6000 km , I have found that engine rattles when lowering speed of the car in 4th/3rd gears. I think this problem was there since I bought this vehicle,but seems it has increased considerably. What could be the problem?

thanks

Can you please be more specific?

If speed drops below certain amount then all cars will have engine rattles. For eg : Driving at 50kmph at 4th gear and speed gradually drops to 20kmph, if you accelerate in the same fourth gear then engine will obviously rattle. You need to shift to 2nd to move on. (I hope you know this).

What belt sb?? I really dont understand what belt you are talking about.

@Soldd, just shift down a gear or two and see if the problem persists. If not, its your driving style and not the car that is the issue. And I have a feeling im correct.

Think both the diesel engines comes with timing chain instead of belt. Hence think the chance of getting resonance is little.

Also, if the injector is not properly calibrated ( injector Coding using test bench and OBD tester) the misfiring/rough running/higher pollution may occur. Ask the MASS service guy to do a cylinder shut off test to see wheather any of the four cylinders are misfiring. For this, I think they will need the help of the OBD tester (Maruti calls it SD2/tech-II).

As suggested check the fuel tank and filters then nozzles , Next engine and Gearbox foundations for any defects ,But u had the vibrations were gone after service ? And back Hence try the fuel portion

good inputs from all of you on this, but i know few people who are driving ritz since one year r so and they have crossed 20000 km max. by now and never such problem reported.i also drove there vehcle quite often, but never found this. i seriously feel you should change the service centre and check, i mean the one you have gone r not responding and looking to the problem properly.