shanthanreddyp

Indian Harley...ROYAL ENFIELD back with a bang!!!

Constantly growing waiting period and overwhelming demand of the Bullet has forced Royal Enfield to double its production capacity to over 60,000 units this calendar year, while by 2012, the installed capacity will be 1 lakh units.

The company will be investing nearly Rs 80 crore to ramp up its capacity at its Chennai plant in a phased manner, Royal Enfield Marketing & Sales Head, Shaji Koshy said. The expansion plan will nearly double Royal Enfield

After the RE Bullet 350cc Standard bike, its their latest & Hi-tech Machine-350 & 500cc Classic which are creating Ripples across the country.

Undoubtedly its the Hot-favourite bike high-capacity bike present in the country today, especilly to those who can only dream of Harley.

Hey guys. My brother(28) has booked a RE Classic 500(Black) on July this year here in Chennai(Adyar) They said that you will recieve the bike after 10 months. He assured us that we will get our hands on the bike on April 2011. Its Onroad price is quoted at 1.42 lakhs without the 'thump silencer mounted'.

10 months is not at all acceptable. Looks like RE build the bike only after receiving booking amount, when matter comes to 500CC!!

CL500's demand is not this much higher that one have to wait 10 months.

Alok Mathur2010-11-21 15:23:45

@KarthickB: hi I am new to AI forums and have joined just now. I live in Firozpur, Punjab. My brother has recently bought a RE Classic 350cc silver color and got it in around 15 days, after booking. If I had to wait like you (even for more than a month), I might have changed my buying decision.

My brother has recently bought a RE Classic 350cc silver color and got it in around 15 days' date=' after booking. If I had to wait like you (even for more than a month), I might have changed my buying decision.

[/quote']

Request you to enquire  booking period for CL500.

@Karthick B: <quote>... you will receive the bike after 10 months<unquote>.

May be they are still 50 years backward in their production techniques to give you the "authentic" antique experience. They will "ensure" that a few drops of oil will leak every day, to assure you that you are indeed riding a 'relic'.

@NEVER QUIT: I appreciate ur concern,but I have several reasons why there is a huge waiting period in Chennai:

The Classic 500 is more in demand by the customers. CL350 is available in 2-3 months here.

Chennai is the place where RE bikes are manufactured and contributes to the bulk of the classic 500 sales.

Also we are willing to wait till april as we were assured by the RE guy that our CL500(Black) will be fresh from their new steam of bike manufactured. Also my bro is in abroad now so no hurry.

@Alok Mathur: the waiting period is 3 months at the max for RE500 classic and it can be even less than that, maybe around a 1/2 month or 2 months, if you are opting for green one, as it has more demand in our city.       

Hi, i am planning to purchase a brand new RE 350. Iam contemplating between Standard & Electra. I prefer STD bcz, no much feature difference. I need some one to help me in this regard since iam confused.

Hi' date=' i am planning to purchase a brand new RE 350. Iam contemplating between Standard & Electra. I prefer STD bcz, no much feature difference. I need some one to help me in this regard since iam confused.[/quote']

As both Standard & Electra features the almost same UCE-engine & mechanicals,

You can simply Go for RE350 Standard as it looks More Classy than other Bullets & is cheaper too.

Royal Enfield planning a new plant in Andhra Pradesh

Eicher Motors, the parent company of Royal Enfield planning to set up a

plant in Andhra Pradesh to manufacture its motorcycles. The company is

reported to have started talks with the government of Andhra Pradesh.

Sri City, a new SEZ at Satyavedu in Chittoor district has been

identified by RE as the preferred investment location. The company is

said to be planning a Rs 250 crore investment for the new plant. The

investment will be made in two phases. First phase will see the

company

Do you know, there is nearly a one year wait for Royal Enfield bikes with 10,000 booking pending!!!

More than 10,000 people, who have booked the Classic, priced at over Rs 100,000, are made to wait for eight to 10 months for deliveries, as Royal Enfield is facing production crunch at its facility in Tiruvottiyur, Chennai.

R L Ravichandran, chief executive, Royal Enfield said,

Royal Enfield should thank Harley for market initiative ,we feel RE are perfect pricing for Indian markets,hope they should introduce Parallel twins or V twins of 350 x 2. Or 500 x 2. To compete with Harleys

Hello guys. Though i never liked enfield motorbikes but lately I have realized that has the biggest and most powerful engines available with the cheapest prices in India. So I am looking forward to buy one 350cc.

now the dilemma is between the old and the new bullet. wherever i have inquired, bullet riders say the new one isn't that rugged and tough. please suggest.

1. Old bullet or new bullet?

2. and if new bullet, which one (Electra, Classic)??

looking forward to your valuable comments.

Old bull has heavy crank, different engine components etc. it gives very particular thump than new one. but due to demand, old bull owners asking huge price. again what kind of repairs are necessary and what the owner has done is also taken care of for old models.

I will recommend if budget permits, go for new one

basic std. uce model - old style looks with modern technology.

Classic