swiftvxi06

New 2011 Suzuki SX4

2011-SX4-1.jpg

Mysterious photographs of a facelifted Suzuki SX4 have appeared on an infamous Chinese website known for premature brochure and spy shots. The 2011 SX4, according to another blog China Car Times is 2 cm smaller than the outgoing car in length.

There isn

I bet the Indian version of the SX4 will get a different looking grille and customed front and rear bumpers. Interiors are likely to get 2011 Swift treatment and elements. But the biggest welcome will be the 1.3DDis with 90bhp. I think it will be a booster to the SX4 as its against the Vento D, Fiesta D,Linea and upcoming new Octavia. Lets see smiley20.gif

The much awaited SX4 1.3 DDiS will again loose out to its smaller sibling the Maruti Swift Dzire diesel. As far as I know, Indian consumers would still buy the Dzire with a 1.3 litre 75 bhp diesel engine and wont buy the bigger SX4 which incidentally would have the same heart with just a mild 15 bhp increase in power.In my opinion Maruti should bring in either a 1.6litre DDiS diesel heart for SX4 to compete head on with The Vw Vento 1.6 TDi, Fiat Linea MJD or bring in the 1.9 DDiS engine used  in European GV(Grand Vitara). . The most important aspect of the new SX4 DDiS would be its pricing. The VDi (used to denote a diesel heart by MSIL) model should be priced at Rs.7.20lakhs to 7.50lakhs(ex-showroom) and Rs 8 lakhs for the top end ZDi model. This time Maruti should provide optional ABS in VXi/VDi trim for SX4 as in  the current Swift.Lets see what surprise Maruti has for its Indian consumers. I personally dont like the Tata Indigo CS inspired  chrome grill in a macho looking car like SX4, it looks totally out of sync. The current honeycomb grill  in SX4 looks much better. The rear looks strikingly similar to Volvo S80 but never the less gels well with the overall design unlike its smaller sibling the Dzire, which looks like two cars attached together as one.!!!swiftvxi062010-11-22 10:03:41

I bet the Indian version of the SX4 will get a different looking grille and customed front and rear bumpers. 

I don't think so..

Chrome will be the major highlight in their Next to flagship sedan' date=' as Chrome treatment adds l'll bit Luxury Quotient to the product & We Indians & the whole World appreciate this fact which is further strengthened by Maruti Suzuki's India Research & Feedback results.

However In India we might get 2 lines less on the Grille than the car featured above as Chineese love chrome l'll bit more than us(as evident from Made In China Cellphones, bikes,Toys, etc).

.... Dzire with a 1.3 litre 75 bhp diesel engine and wont buy the bigger SX4 which incidentally would have the same heart with just a mild 15 bhp increase in power...

I don't think that its Mildly powerful over the Dzire's 75PS engine, Instead its Whopping 20% more Powerful & IMO, that 20% will be enough to fly that Light MS SX4 Sedan.

Maruti should bring in either a 1.6litre DDiS diesel heart for SX4 to compete head on with The Vw Vento 1.6 TDi' date=' Fiat Linea MJD .[/quote']

Why to bank on more on Imported units, If they can achieve the desired Acceleration figures with Smaller engine.

Lets wait n watch out for SX4 diesel's 0-60kmph, 0-100kmph, 20-40(3rd gear) & 40-100kmph(4th gear) Timing figures !

I'm sure Maruti Suzuki guys will be playing something Indifferent & Sensible in their Minds..smiley14.gif 
dr_nishu2010-11-22 16:33:23

The rear looks Kizashi-ish and the front is over chromed. I prefer less chrome though. The overall looks remains same.

Key would be to make the car lighter yet strong and then a small turbo diesel.

it still looks good with that changed rear and those alloys looks cool, hope they offer in indian market as well.Too highish boot surface in sx4 as well as dzire makes rear view very difficult, its sorted out it seems in this new version if comes here as well.

Well simply looking at it you can't say if the new Sx4 will be a success because it may not have a diesel engine at all (because FIAT only licensed for 75bhp o/p of the multijet and not the 90bhp of the Punto,Linea and Manza ) also the car looks too familiar to be called a facelift and a 2nd facelift on the existing car which doesn't sell well currently is a waste of resources. But if the Sx4 gets the VW's 1.6lt diesel engine then the game can change for Suzuki in the 8-10 lakhs price bracket.

@rssh

SX4 is selling very good. When all its rivals are having diesel engines, it is still second in the segment after the mighty old City. I feel these nos. are pretty good.

However with the new Verna coming up, I doubt it will be able to keep that spot. Diesel becomes a necessity in that case

Today quite a lot of news of SX4 is coming through. While for the first time Maruti officially announced its plans for the SX4 diesel, a facelifted SX4 was launched in China. Looks much better now, espescially the rear, though I would keep the current grille.

Maruti to launch turbo charged SX4 diesel, consider Kizashi launch

NEW DELHI: The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on Wednesday said it will introduce a diesel variant of its premium sedan SX4 with a 1.3 litre turbo charged engine early next year.

The company also said it will consider assembling its yet to be launched luxury sedan Kizashi at the Gurgaon facility depending upon the demand.

"The production of a 1.3 litre diesel engine with turbo charger is going on and we will start assembling it in SX4 once our plants reopen on January 3 next year after the annual weekly maintenance shutdown," Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) Managing Executive Officer (Production) M M Singh told PTI.

Turbo charged diesel engines have additional features that make them more efficient than normal ones, delivering greater power outputs.

MSI is sourcing the engine technology from Fiat. It currently produces diesel variants of Swift, DZiRE and Ritz with normal 1.3 litre engines.

Without giving any specific time-frame, he said the car will be launched "very soon".

Besides, the company will also be considering a diesel variant of its proposed multi purpose vehicle (MPV) 'rIII', which is scheduled to hit the roads in 2012.

The company, which is looking to expand presence in the big car segment, will launch the much anticipated luxury sedan Kizashi by early next year through the completely built unit import route.

When asked if the car would be assembled in India in future, MSI Managing Director Shinzo Nakanishi said: "This segment is very small and I am not expecting much volume. But if the volume increases, then we can look at the (assembly of) completely knocked down option."

Singh said if the company decides to assemble Kizashi in India, it will be done at the Gurgaon facility.

At present, MSI, which is 54.2 per cent owned by Suzuki, has an annual capacity of 8.5 lakh units at its Gurgaon plant, while Manesar can produce 3.5 lakh units annually, with the overall capacity totaling to 12 lakh units per year.

The company had announced an investment of over Rs 3,625 crore to set up two new plants with 2.5 lakh annual capacities each inside the Manesar facility.

Nakanishi said with de-bottlenecking of operations, the company is aiming to produce 10 lakh units each at its Gurgaon and Manesar facilities in future.

The carmaker said it has ramped up production by about 10 per cent to nearly 1.1 lakh units every month from October this year, taking its total annual output to 13 lakh units in 2011-12.

Source

Suzuki launches facelifted SX4 sedan in China

Suzuki SX4 got a facelift in China. In 2010 Guangzhou Auto Show, Suzuki Motors previewed the 2011 SX4 sedan. But the hatchback version of SX4 remains unchanged. Currently Suzuki has limited the launch of new SX4 in Chinese market only. A great amount of cosmetic changes have been taken place in 2011 Suzuki SX4. In addition to the beautification exercise new SX4 is packed with more safety features.

In front, the grille has been redesigned from scratch, the honey comb grille has been replaced with chrome bar style grille. The bumper is now more flat compared to out going model. The fog lamps have been decorated with silver garnishing. The air intake is similar to current Suzuki Swift. 2011 SX4

I dont like the extar chrome in front and the smoked headlights. I would prefer clear head lamps with the current honeycomb grille.

SX4 in black looks real menacing in the rear view mirror. I would not change it much, but some changes may be required for higher sales

@AMG

Are you sure? Bcos here it has been said that it is a 1.3 liter turbocharged engine ala linea.

Could it be that the unanimous dislike for the front grill is just a cultural difference between India and China. As far as I remember, most Chinese cars have front grills in similar themes i.e. chrome. Lots and lots of it.

Overall the face-lifted SX4 looks really Brilliant from the Rear, aka very much like upcoming Kizashi.

If this face-lift makes its way into India alongwith the presence of Kizashi here, then SX4 definitely will be benefitted.

Maruti to launch turbo charged SX4 diesel' date=' consider Kizashi launch
NEW DELHI: The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on Wednesday said it will introduce a diesel variant of its premium sedan SX4 with a 1.3 litre turbo charged engine early next year.

"The production of a 1.3 litre diesel engine with turbo charger is going on and we will start assembling it in SX4 once our plants reopen on January 3 next year after the annual weekly maintenance shutdown," Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) Managing Executive Officer (Production) M M Singh told PTI.

Turbo charged diesel engines have additional features that make them more efficient than normal ones, delivering greater power outputs. 
[/quote']

Seems that Maruti is going to launch their(Fiat's) 1.3l DDiS's Extra-Turbocharged i.e: Boosted with VGT Turbocharger for SX4, as they've focussed on the 'Turbo' word in the News above.

But considering the Constraints MSIL is facing for this 1.3l DDiS engine for Swift & Dzire, they'll probably source that 93PS VGT MjD from Fiat India Powertrains plant, Ranjangaon as such, to prevent long waiting Queues for SX4 Diesel.

BREAKING NEWS :

Maruti will launch the SX4 DDiS in Jan 2011. .The New Swift will be launched in April-June 2011.These information were given to me by an insider of MSIL who works in the sales dept at the Gurgaon plant of MSIL.

Yukk! That is excess of Chrome in the front. Get rid of it MSIL. Interior is ok-ish but not-at-all competitive with the cars of the same segment.

The rear lights are the only thing that made my eyebrows raise. Purely Skoda Laura-ish. Looking great though!driftpunk2010-12-24 16:45:27