Hello ACI people..

So far I have only discussed in forum about other people buying cars or bikes.

n lately I was quiet irregular on the forum because of certain reasons.

Well as of now I am staying alone from last 1 year now planning to buy a car.

My budget would be less than  400k..

I already have an esteem and Ritz at home..so wont repeat any of them.

I thought of buying the new Fabia. My roomie works in Skoda and tells its a nice option. It costs around 420k, but again the spares are too expensive as parts are imported..

I wanted to try Logan also, but then I have no idea about its service, spares an mileage. In case anyone already has a logan, please update)

Please suggest.

@karan_4n: A couple of questions:

Have you searched the for threads meeting your needs?

Do you think that your title informs members about anything?

In my view you have done neither. This defeats the basic purpose of membership of a forum? This for a newbie yes, from a member with 300+ posts can only be termed an aberration.

new Fabia............... costs around 420k' date=' but again the spares are too expensive as parts are imported.

I wanted to try Logan also, but then I have no idea about its service, spares an mileage. In case anyone already has a logan, please update)

[/quote']

As you stated..... you want to try,.........Both are costly experiments.

AS your friend is in SKODA AUTO, may you please provide us Parts catelog of SKODA products..

Hi,

Skoda is finally waking-up and facing the reality. They have surely priced the new fabia at a very competitive level, but the cost of spares is still exorbitant.

A buyer at this level would be, even more , concerned with respect to the price of maintaining the vehicle.

I think, if ASS and servicing cost are major factors influencing your purchase decision, go-in for other alternatives available.

You could have a look at i10, Figo, Beat and micra.rahulgupta31012010-11-26 15:29:06

Logan is pretty expensive to Maintain, especially its Expensive Engine parts, like Fan-belt, Cam-Chain, etc & they require Frequent Replacements too.

For budget under 4-lacs, take a Look at Ford Figo, Chevrolet Beat.

Fabia is also a Good Car & don't worry about its Expensive Spare parts as they're of High Quality & they rarely require Periodic or Serious maintenance except the few like Clutch plates Replacement, etc.

My Vote is still for Fabia..
dr_nishu2010-11-26 19:33:11

Fabia is nice car with now better engine & safety features even on base model like driver airbag.

You can also try i20 era but you will have to live with just PS & AC as all premium hatch's base variants are cheaply equipped.

Try the middle variants of i10, Micra, Figo,& Beat, you can also try Swift LXi.

My vote goes for either Fabia/i20 or Micra & i10. Beat's & Figo's petrol motors isnt as great, otherwise they are great products.

@karan - The problem with fabia is not spare parts cost but ASS staff.They are either  inexperienced or casual in their work attitude( this I have only heard and read not experienced myself  - so can't comment validity of such claims)

Fabia is beyond your reach with that budget.If you are on tight budget go for wagon r or i10 irde2 .

@Moderators.. I am really sorry for being little ignorant while posting new topic.

About buying the new car, I can see lot of people suggesting beat, though no one in my family has ever used a Chevrolet vehicle.

How is Chevy after sales?? and spares??

Let me share and incidence, I was driving my Esteem from Dehradun to Delhi few days back.

while I was driving,suddenly a bump arrived. I crossed it n later heard some rattling sound. I opened the bonnet and found the AC belt was displaced.

I was stuck somewhere in Muzaffarnagar and it was a typical village.

Fortunately i found a mechanic and surprisingly he had the spare pulley of some other Maruti product which would fit in my car. He repaired it and I reached Delhi safely. now that makes me little biased towards Maruti.

and thats what i am afraid of trying a new product.

@karan I totally agree with u maruti thou their products are not that attractive, but surely they are easily servicable and lighter on our wallet as well.

I have TD the figo diesel recently its such a superb car to drive, way better than my swift, but will i buy it? no because ford service centers are only available in main cities, same goes for chevy as well. You can not find these service centers in our small towns or villages. Maruti all said and done can be fixed anywhere. That only reason why I want buy a maruti, thou their cars rattle after 4 yrs, thou the quality of the metal they use is filmsy, thou wat and all.

@karan I totally agree with u maruti thou their products are not that attractive' date=' but surely they are easily servicable and lighter on our wallet as well.

I have TD the figo diesel recently its such a superb car to drive, way better than my swift, but will i buy it? no because ford service centers are only available in main cities, same goes for chevy as well. You can?not find these service centers in our small towns or villages. Maruti all said and done can be fixed anywhere. That only reason why I want buy a maruti, thou their cars rattle after 4 yrs, thou the quality of the metal they use is filmsy, thou wat and all.
[/quote']

Hello,

I agree with you to some extent. Yes, the older Maruti's are so simple in their design and machinery, that they can be serviced by any road-side garage.

But, I beg to differ with this opinion on the latest Maruti products, which are packed with technology to the brim. Like, for example, take Maruti Swift diesel. The car has got a gem of an engine, but the concern is that the unit is bought from Fiat (complete Italian tech.). So, if any part of the engine-unit goes-off, any mechanic would just not understand the cause of it, as it is not a simple old Maruti-thing which he is used to work with. Same goes for latest Kb series engines. These motors are highly sophisticated piece of engineering, controlled by in-numerous ECU's on board.

Any Tom, **** and Harry just can't go about repairing these things.