aangap

Mice inside Alto LXI

Hi, Anybody having Mice as a pet inside your car..!!! I found a pair of mice/rodent inside my Alto Lxi.. I got shocked.. after some days i noticed a very bad smell comes from my AC.. I immediatly get it to water service.. let me check what happend to my Car.. I don't know it my mistake or the PROBLEM WITH ALTO.. (Has it any hole to allow this kind of mouse inside..???)

Welcome to the forum!!

Oops! Now thats news. Is your car kept in a closed garage? If so, then use Mortein Rat kill inside garage. Garage should be cleaned and arrange for some ventilation if not present.

If the car is kept unused for long then use anti insecticide spray inside. Also keep a piece of Mortein Rat kill inside for one day and inspect the car. Check all wiring , seat covers and wheels.

sb-alto2010-12-02 04:01:48

Very common but Really a Worrisome thing, we've also experienced in our Alto too.

Rodents enters the car's cabin through the openings from the Engine bay to the Cabin via Side fenders, which opens into the Cabin just behind the Extreme AC-vents of the Dash-board, near the ECU on the Left side & near the Fuse box at the Right side.

Try to Seal them with Rubber Inserts or Rubber Seals.

Advice to keep the Rodents away from your car:

-Don't leave any food items into the car after eating them Inside.

-If anyhow rodents enters inside, then Place a Rat-Trap inside the car.

For getting Rid of their Smell;

-Properly Clean all the Floor Mats, Luggage carpet, Seat Covers & Other folds in the car & do try to wash them which can be washed.

-Do Place your car in Open & Run its Blower at full speed with the Windows open for sometime till the Smell Intensity reduces.

-Do use Car Perfume for better fragrance.

& For the sake of Precaution, do check all the Electric Wires, Fuel lines & other Critical component of the car against Rodents damage.

One way to keep mice out would be the keep a perforated polythene cover with napthalene balls in a few places in the engine bay. Being winter they are drawn by the warmth provided by the engine and they may gnaw their way in through the firewall between the cabin and engine bay. They usually take refuge over the warm engine and may get killed or stuck there between the bonnet and the cam cover and get barbecued there giving rise to the smell.

The best policy to keep Rats out is to keep some Rat killer below the car and near engine compartment.

Can we fit a mash or something below the engine compartment. Why this place is left so open by the car makers. It is surprising that they have not provided a solution for this. I myself faced this problem in my 800.

Twice rats have caused damage to my Punto. It cut down different wires, rubbers, filters and sponges used in AC duct. The mortien Rat poison cake was of no use for big ones. These rats eat this poison and enjoys and comes again the next day. But when I used cheaper poison, I got the output. But the cost for it was very big. Once I had to remove the luggage carpet to remove the dead rat, yesterday I had to detach the front bumper and head light to remove the rotten rat from the AC vent.

I wonder why the car manufacturers are ignorant about the fact that in India they should do the finest solution so that rats or even snake should not enter the car through openings under the car. Do any one have a life time solution for this other than mouse trap and poison. Kindly help

Had faced a lot of rat related trouble. They did quite a damage that affected the earthing, the indicator lights and the hazard switch was unoperational. I did try some placing some tobacco (cannot remember the brand) in the engine bay. Would not say it is a fool proof solution but the tobacco smeel does keep them at bay. But we definitely need a sophisticated solution to this ever increasing problem.