the driver

Confused: Civic or Laura TSI ?

firends,again i am in a confused state smiley19.gif (thinking of the time when i am not in any confusion).

recently test drove a skoda laura tsi as well as a civic,both are having a nearly identical price.

The civic is having a big feature list.

Laura is having satisfaction.

which to buy??smiley5.gif

smiley29.gif help needed..

Do not go for laura. It has many probs?which should be?rectified soon. All my friends are worried with its drawbacks later regarding ac probs etc. Go for CIVIC.

?

-dinesh

(always the racer wins atlast)
   smiley1.gif you may be right..but can you please mention me the problems with laura,my friend is owning a TSi and he is happy with the car even his laura has done 40k kms.

and the real problem is that after test drive,the laura has blown me away,there is nothing in civic that comes close..and a whooping discount of 48000+various free goodies(insurance etc etc etc...)are making it a tremendous value....overall result...TOTALLY CONFUSED smiley5.gif

SEE, Laura is not a recommended vehicle personally from my side. Around 8 to 10 friends of mine"s are having laura in india and ARAB regn. One of my friend"s laura was sold out within 4000kms itself. Probs will raise depend upon your luck level. But it is clearly mentioined that it is a problemfull vehicle. Otherwise your own wish dude. Iam not blaming every pieces of laura, but my point is most of the pieces are raising complaints from its owners sooner and somebody later.

-dinesh

(always the racer wins atlast)

With Skoda the chances of getting a lemon are much higher than for Civic. Both are on opposite ends of the charts when customer satisfaction with post sales experience is plotted.

Also Civic resale values are much higher than Laura.

The laura Tsi is the best bet in 15 lakhs price segment if you are a petrolhead . It has a gem of a engine and the ride and handling is much better than the Civic . The Civic may give more resale and reliability but thats it . The Laura is understated in the Tsi trim and nowadays with good discounts on the petrol its a steal .

If I were you I will go with the Laura ( for an ownership period over 5 yrs of greater ) . If going in for the Laura then please! take the 16" alloys from the dealer itself and take the Skoda shield .

I have a Civic AT and simply love. Honda service is superb - you get a feeling that you are in a cozy club, less said about Skoda service the better.

Look into the other forum about Skoda experiences and you will know. If your are lucky then the service is good but expensive, if you get into a crash or something then even God may not be able to help you.

Also, as per the other forum Honda maintenance is not expensive - parts have a very long life. Of course do not expect the Civic maintenance to cost as little as an Alto or i10.

I am in same boat as you but decided to wait anyways untill Jan 14 (Kamurta ends)

I am more in favor of CIVIC, unless Maruti Kizashi is really good and at same price point with more features. By that time we should have tons of more information about Kizashi.

hello,

It is very-well known that Honda has a higher customer-satisfaction rate and make reliable, smooth and user-friendly machines.

On the other hand Skoda is for those who like solidity and wants a detailed-engineered vehicle.The ride and handling is something in a different league and should not be compared with Honda's and Toyota's around. Highway manners are of a higher strata and like all German cars, they feel much safer than the japanese counterparts.

Dude go for laura, NOTHING LIKE IT! I love my laura and the german engineering, You will definetly get that smile on your face.  The interiors, exteriors, quality, Engine as far better. You can almost compete with a porche with the tsi engine. Its more like your flying.

Civic, i didnt really like it, it may be spacious but its to low!!! again its japs vs germans. Logic says germans wins.

Edit - Most people here are Skodas haters so they woudnt gave you any pros about it.

Yes skoda had bad service history but they have improved, it been almost a year now and i really love my car, havent had a single problem till date!

If your buying it from mumbai then buy it from JMD dealer, its good service. Also Skoda december Discounts, you can get upto 1 lack off!  and you may also take thane dilivery which  is another 70k less.

You need upgade the seat covers and couple of more things for 60 k which will make it as good as the elegance model.

All my life i have driven honda and hyundai cars, Now i drive german and will never go back to japs.

Trust me on this, Thank me later.

@driver - GO for Laura TSI if your heart  says so.All Driver's car have some sort of niggling problems and besides the service , dealer You get depends on that day my freind.

You will miss this wonderful car as the new models from Skoda will lose the oomph factor.

Think as if your investing in  a classic Italian AlfaRomeo car which gives a satisfaction which no car gives even it means  for a few thousand kilometers

@pranab - not all are Skoda haters but bad publicity always spoils great cars.

example Lancia beta had a terrible rust problems in their cars and earned a bad reputation even though later Beta were much better.

Skoda has to work hard and customers like you can alleviate  these misgivings

regards

Spock

Mr. Spock2010-12-22 18:31:05

Listen to your Heart, the driver.

Go for Skoda Laura TSi as its One of the Finest cars in the Affordable Price range & I'm sue you won't get satisfied completely with Honda Civic.

Don't worry about Skoda's AfSS, as there're many Good Skoda dealers too which offers Trouble free After Sales Support.

But don't forget to get the Skoda Shield programme & 2-year Free Maintenance Plan.

thanks for your response friends,actually i am getting a laura tsi @14 lac only(since there are various discounts available),and the current situation is that,i am not even ready to enter a honda dealership,the test drive of laura has won my heart,but friends again there is a problem..

civic has been sealed as rejacted,but now I am getting a used honda accord V6 @ just 15 lac,the car is a 2009 dec model,gurgaon reg.,and mileage is just 17000kms,papers are clear(i have done complete investigation).

Now it seems to be a funny situation..unable to understand what to do? friends feel free to give your reviews(running and maintainence costs are no bar for me).                                                                         

Edit - Most people here are Skodas haters so they woudnt gave you any pros about it.

Yes skoda had bad service history but they have improved' date=' it been almost a year now and i really love my car, havent had a single problem till date!

If your buying it from mumbai then buy it from JMD dealer, its good service. Also Skoda december Discounts, you can get upto 1 lack off!  and you may also take thane dilivery which  is another 70k less.

You need upgade the seat covers and couple of more things for 60 k which will make it as good as the elegance model.

All my life i have driven honda and hyundai cars, Now i drive german and will never go back to japs.

Trust me on this, Thank me later.
[/quote']yeah,u are right friend,actually i am not buying from mumbai,i am buying from gurgaon.

the discounts are as follows:-

cash discount-54k,free insurance,and two-three other discounts too.

net total is rs 124600.

and about ASS what i know is,we owned a pre owned octavia for about 7 months and I am highly satisfied with the service provided to me by silvertone,nawab and i dont believe if there is any problem with the skoda ASS,but you need to spend some extra cash.

okay friends,answer me,DON'T YOU PEOPLE GIVE OFF SOME EXTRA CASH TO THE SERVICE ADVICERS,just do it and the tell me whose ass is better.

altis is good,actually i test drove evrything available in the market,even a bolero vlx and a hyundai verna...but i found only two cars,in fact,only one which stole my heart,and head too.THATS THE LAURA TSI.

@driver - I think You are in two frames of mind - whether to go for Laura Tsi.

If you like it go for it don't have second thoughts man. As they say when lady luck Knocks the door don't let go of her.smiley2.gif

Since You have tested all vehicles in the market and prefer Laura go for it.

Regards

Spock

Dont go and buy a second hand its not worth it. A new car is more joy. Close your eyes and openly for go for tsi! I did full research about this last year and i settled with  laura.

Laura tsi has  less features and horrible seat covers, so be sure to spend a little more money. L&k model seat covers. Also i put Led lights which makes a big diffrence and makes the car look classy to. whole thing will cost about 60k.

-------------------------------------------------------

One more thing, if you love speed and power and if you are the only person going to be driving the car then i must say consider the chevy cruze, mad powerfull car to.

cruze was my second after laura, Only con in the cruze is the back seats are cramped up.