Itsme

Suggestions for a new car!

Hi guys,

Want a successor to my accent viva crdi 2005. Already have a Scorpio mHawk and 1.2 i10 for others in family. 600 kms monthly highway and city mixed. i20, fiesta and manza are a no . Dont know about polo 1.2 tdi and punto 1.3 mjd. Dzire 1.3 ddis makes sense but seems too common. Budget is 8 max and preferably a diesel. What about Linea 1.3 mjd. Or should i wait a couple of months for a new model? Accent served pretty well.

close you eyes and go on for polo tdi,its worth buying...

else there are various good options like i-20 crdi,

dont go for linea mjd,it has quality issues(actually i am not fully sure)

HOW ABOUT GETTING SOME MORE EXPERIENCED MEMBERS HERE???

At only 600 a month you dont need a diesel car. Petrol is more than enough.

Among petrol cars I would suggest SX4. It has got exciting offers of nearly 60k off and should fit in your budget and is loaded with features. The new VVT engine is good and has improved mileage also. You can also think of Etios but the waiting period is over 6 months. Also if you think Dzire is too common then after a year you will feel same about Dzire.

Linea is not suggested as the engine(both petrol and diesel) is not powerful enough to drive such a heavy car. They are also some concerns about quality, recurring niggles and the After sales service.

If you strictly want a diesel, at your price point Dzire is probably the best bet. If you are ready to stretch your budget a little, probably 80k, you would be able to get diesel SX4 which is expected to be launched in February.

Post this there would be some interesting launches in the market, most significant Verna RB and that will be priced at Vento point, but that is expected not before Diwali.

At only 600 a month you dont need a diesel car. Petrol is more than enough.

Among petrol cars I would suggest SX4. It has got exciting offers of nearly 60k off and should fit in your budget and is loaded with features. The new VVT engine is good and has improved mileage also. You can also think of Etios but the waiting period is over 6 months. Also if you think Dzire is too common then after a year you will feel same about Dzire.

Linea is not suggested as the engine(both petrol and diesel) is not powerful enough to drive such a heavy car. They are also some concerns about quality' date=' recurring niggles and the After sales service.

If you strictly want a diesel, at your price point Dzire is probably the best bet. If you are ready to stretch your budget a little, probably 80k, you would be able to get diesel SX4 which is expected to be launched in February.

Post this there would be some interesting launches in the market, most significant Verna RB and that will be priced at Vento point, but that is expected not before Diwali.[/quote']smiley32.gifI AGREE

Seems waiting a couple of months is sensible for sx4 diesel if it comes then. But wont it have same 1.3 diesel as in linea and manza and hence underpowered sx4?

@rssh

Recent statement have come from Suzuki stating clearly that SX4 diesel is their next launch after Kizashi. Following which they will launch Swift, then Dzire CS and then a small car in the Alto bracket.

@itsme

SX4 is around 100 kgs lighter than Linea. It wont provide exciting jaw dropping power but power that would be more than enough. Also Suzuki have been able to tune the Fiat diesel engine(75 bhp ones) better than Fiat themselves. So I think the same will happen with SX4 too.

Wait few days for Maruti Suzuki's upcoming SX4 Diesel.

Or from current crop of cars you can also go for Polo TDi.

Seems waiting a couple of months is sensible for sx4 diesel if it comes then. But wont it have same 1.3 diesel as in linea and manza and hence underpowered sx4?

Its coming by End of Jan2011 or by Feb 2011.

Guys checked out Polo Tdi , Fabia Tdi, Jazz. None impressed. Vento Tdi and City though fine seem expensive. Might check out Micra dci, Etios, Punto mjd, ritz ddis, dzire ddis and manza diesel soon. Swift is very common (more than alto i think). Else shall wait for new swift or new verna. Buying a car is very confusing when one wants EVERYTHING (say the ultimate VFM car).

Guys test drove out micra diesel top model today. Seems acceptable 6.5 lac on road. Stylish interiors and peppy engine. Etios test drive not available coz being a sunday, saw the display model though. Its roomy but build seems japanese tinny. Manza n punto showroom closed being sunday again. Any suggestions guys?

Itsme, it would be better if you try out some petrols cars too and see if they satisfy your needs, as rightly said by Rahul.

We think that a Diesel car does not make economic sense, if the yearly running is anything less than 15,000km. With your monthly running of just 600km, the expected yearly running is just 7,200. Hence the kind of running does not justify a Diesel car.

Why don't you just test driver a couple of Petrol cars too, and see if you like them. Most of the petrol cars available in the segment are way better and fun-to-drive than their Diesel counterparts.

And me too think that SX4 ZXi should be on the top of your shopping list!

Petrol and diesel price differential is quite a bit where i live. Its 38 and 63 for the normal diesel and petrol respectively. Also i like the low end torque , initial burst of acceleration of modern common rail turbos - be it fixed geometry or variable geometry ones. Have an i10 kappa but its nowhere as pleasing as accent crdi.

Might check out Micra dci' date=' Etios, Punto mjd, ritz ddis, dzire ddis and manza diesel soon.  [/quote']

Nissan Micra dCi: Since you've already Test driven it, so you'd know it better. But One thing i wanna add for her is that it's One of the best Driveable CRDi Diesel hatchback across the country with almost Zero-Turbo lag, while except Ford Figo all other favourite Diesel hatchbacks(Swift, i20, Ritz DDiS, Polo & Fabia TDi)suffers from Massive turbo lag & are almost Unresponsive below 2000 Rpm.

b/w have you noticed Micra dCi's Turbo Whistling sound !! Its amazing dude..

Toyota Etios: Refined car with Ultra-Refined Mechanicals, but suffers from some Cheap quality & Poor looking bits.

It also lacks Quality & Class feel, commonly felt with Hondas & Toyotas.

Punto MjD: Less said is more better for the Fiat India's products.

Underpowered feel & frequent niggling problems are the main cons of it.

Ritz DDiS: Good car with comfortable Interiors & Frugal engine.

Engine Noise intruding into the Cabin, Body Roll at 100+kmph Speeds & Not-so-Good visibility are few of its Cons.

Dzire DDiS & Manza diesel: Both are good cars with Excellent engines & Comfortable interiors.

Dzire is l'll bit short on Interior Space while Manza lacks typical Japaneese bulit fineese & Peace of Mind factor.

If you're not completely saisfied with one from the all above then Best option is to wait for Ford's very soon to be launched Next-Gen Fiesta Sedan & hatchback twins(Falcon & Verve respectively) or SX4 Diesel, which've arrived in Maruti Suzuki's dealers Stockyards too.

Its launch isn't too far also, Expect it to aggressively priced from 6.99-7.2 lacs for its base VDi version.

Guys test drove out micra diesel top model today. Seems acceptable 6.5 lac on road. Stylish interiors and peppy engine. 

Can you please elaborate here on its Test Drive experience. 

dr_nishu "Can you please elaborate here on its Test Drive experience " . #### nissan micra dci

I went to the showroom at Jalandhar with a friend around 2 pm on sunday. It was choc a bloc with micra petrol and diesel customers (around five , some with families) checking out the cars and demanding test drives. Got a test drive around 30 minutes later. First time ever i test drove a car before buying from the showroom. Have already read a lot about cars over here and team bhp. Hence didnt want any briefing from the sales rep. He also said probably you know more than i do. I was quick to ask him why not abs in diesel and he gave the lame reply - it has ventilated discs and it doesnt need it. Also he said abs might increase the price more , inadvertently admitting its already a bit pricey for a hatchback.

The drive - Nice to use the push button start feature, you press and it starts a second later. Gearbox was nice to use though slightly long throw. Lag i didnt find any in the turbo. It climbed to 80 pretty soon but the horn was single hence i couldnt push more on the highway. Interiors felt great - good quality . The sales rep was showing me the audio system with bose speakers, i replied i am more interested in engine sound. The steering felt nice , better than my accent. I am seriously considering it with the flashy features it offers - auto folding outside mirrors on locking, keyless entry, auto ac, spoiler, alloys and fog-lamps. The rear seat seemed pretty flat, but i would hardly sit at the back. Waiting for sx4 diesel - if its really inviting or the petrol one too, becouse still old school 3 box bug in mind(Esteem to accent viva crdi and next what).

Guys waiting for SX4 diesel. Hope it comes soon(1), is great to drive(2) and VFM(3). Dont know if i shall be able to wait for new Verna. Else Vento trendline tdi or verna transform. I think april is till what i will be able to wait. Still enjoying highway runs on my viva crdi and its fun still.

@Itsme

SX4 diesel seems to be a good choice,the Fiat 1.3 MJD with a VGT+a light kerb weight+Maruti's A.S.S. it seems to be a good combination...

WORTH TESTING..

Vento/Verna in that case when you want some more power,rest its going to be the power to weight ratio that is going to decide the performance to a great extent.

@TSiVipul

Yes i can keep a dzire zdi option open as well. But i dont know if dzire will have a change in interior and exterior as the swift might in april. If not, then dzire will look aged in front of new swift. But all is speculation till the new swift and sx4 diesel launches. I am trying to be patient and see how things unfold.

@Itsme

You are absolutely right,I think if the Marutis do facelift the Swift then though it may be late or by the same time,Dzire will be facelifted too...

SX4 diesel may be a good choice because firstly its lighter than Linea,so performance may be slightly good(though not as good as a Verna or Optra),but satisfactory..

Its good that you are patient and are ready to wait,its better wait and watch the market maybe you get something according to your wish.All the best..