Itsme

Suggestions for a new car!

Most sources are pointing towards an 18th Feb date. Most probably a premium of 70 k will be charged, with VDI and ZDI variants. The dealer whom I talked said most probably no new features except a probable inclusion of bluetooth which was there in a special edition launched in December.

Seems 22nd Feb i.e. tomorrow sx4 diesel shall be launched . But what about the green tax talk doing rounds at forums. If diesel sedans are going to become more expensive, i might have to shift to a hatch or a petrol model. I hope its implemented after i purchase. Also hoping new fiesta and verna get launched soon to make my mind up. Else a decent performance, looks and features combo will be my choice from existing models.

@Itsme;

You still have about more than a month to choose the car suitable for you. i.e: before 1st April or when the next budget unveils.

I think the SX4 diesel ticks most of the boxes, which are laid down by any of the Car seeker in today's era.

@drNishu The budget will unveil on 26th February.

@itsme

Verna would be here not before May and Fiesta is expected in June-July. Also they definitely are not going to cost less than SX4. When the present versions are costlier, I expect newer models to be even more

Yesterday test drove the vento diesel. It reminded of octavia like sound while driving. The top model has all the bells and whistles and gearshift was impressive. But its a minimum 3 month wait for Highline and may be 4-5 months for the trendline according to the dealer. Polo diesel wasnt available for test drive.

Then had a look at SX4 diesel top model. The doors seem too light after vento drive. Test drive vehicle wasnt available. The commanding view from driver's seat seems a plus. Wood finish on armrests and metal vertical strips on centre console seemed loud. Delivery within 15 days said the dealer.

My 2005 Viva Crdi might be sold in a day or two. Expecting around 3 for it. New car may be a month later. I fancy SX4 Vdi or the ANHC s mt. ANHC because they hold value really well and a good car too, accent viva crdi didnt hold value well. SX4 Vdi coz its new , not the Zdi because a Honda is better for the same price. Hoping for the best.

If you can,wait for the 2 new cars- the Verna and the Fiesta. Going by what I have seen and read about them they are 100% worth waiting, especially the new Fiesta. If you fancy the Ford's and can get the new Fiesta Diesel in your budget nothing like it. I strongly feel its worth the wait for these cars. If you can't wait then your short listed cars- ANHC and SX4 D are also good enough choices.I would personally prefer SX4 D over ANHC as its more VFM.But that's a strictly personal opinion. Best of luck.

Thanks Abhema for your thoughts. Today viva crdi gone. Somewhat sad because i had it for 6 years and it was troublefree. But the bug that bite me is the depreciation disasters that strike when one goes to sell a car. Keeping that in mind what cars do people here believe depreciate least? Viva Crdi lost too much value soon. I am very much in ANHC favour but still open to advice. May be a month i can wait. Hardly 600 kms a month. Got an i10 1.2 and scorpio mhawk at home which others use currently.

What about Nissan? Would it be good value too like Maruti Suzuki, Honda and Toyota or not so like Mitsubishi ? (All japanese companies). Wont VW be good value like diesel octavias and other skodas?

@Itsme. Honda City holds the best value. but still if you want even least depreciation, i would personally prefer you to have a look at used cars. trust me, this would work really good. Just hunt for a USED all New Honda city. preferably 2010 model. price should be around 1.5 - 2 lakh rs less than the new car. also when you buy a used car , do take a mechanic with you, to make sure that car is clean. you can also look at the Honda Civic 09 model for 5 lakhs less and also SX4 2010 ZXi for arnd 2 lakhs less than the on road price.!

@Itsme:

I agree with Mndvishnu,If you can hunt for a good deal then nothing is better,really.It may take sometime and you need to be patient else something wrong may happen.

Example:I got my i10 kappa for just 2.4 lacs with only 9000 kms on odo,it was an emergency deal with a farmer's son who sold his land for crores I bought the car withing 25 minutes.

Great deal you got yourself TSiVipul. The suggestions of TSiVipul and mndvishnu about preowned cars are very valid. I personally know of 4-5 friends who have got great deals( like the 1 by TSiVipul) by buying preowned cars.But if you go for a preowned car you may get a 2-3 year old Civic in great condition in the price of  a new ANHC.

Nissan, no doubt a good car maker has still not proved itself in the Indian market. Buying a Nissan for availing least depreciation is a bit risky.Among your 2 choices -SX4 and ANHC the ANHC's price will least depreciate. 

The only problem I see is that in the near future if some car,say the new Fiesta or Verna provides the buyer with a similar quality proposition that the present ANHC provides, the prices of ANHC will depreciate faster as it might lose its monopoly premium of quality and brand that it presently enjoys. 

Thanks TSiVipul, abhema and mndvishnu for your thoughts. I have a month to decide and need be a little more. ANHC has some discounts going may be due to sales decline or defending from SX4 D and fiesta and verna launches impending. Will go to the dealer and inquire about it this week.

@Itsme

All vehicles have ongoing discount. This is because they had stacked up fearing the budget, but as the budget had nothing much to scare them, they are now having to clear the inventories. However once Japan effect start coming expect the discounts to evaporate overnight

Test drove ANHC yesterday. Boy if i am in the budget around 9.5 OTR, this is the deal. Never felt like the engine was strained, it begged to be driven pedal to metal. Liked driving Viva CRDi but this was a level above. Refinement was superb, seating was great. Dealer says discounts will dry up and (double blow) prices will rise next month. Expecting a 40-50 k price difference. Hope Vento gives it more competition and keeps the price rise and drying discounts in check.