Itsme

Suggestions for a new car!

Tried my best for ANHC today but certain circumstances (financial and personal) didnt help. Its goodbye discounts and welcome price hike from tomorrow says the dealer. Hence purchase postponed for sometime next month. Since i was inches close to ANHC, i hope the new verna comes quickly and is priced reasonably for diesel as compared to ANHC. May be something better i get for the delay like - saved myself from petrol bills .

Ya anybody in the market for buying Executive sedan, has to wait till new Verna and Fiesta. Fiesta's review shows that rear seat comfort is less and Varna's review says that it has highest rear seat space. Verna is also launching 1.4 Diesel, so it will be a great buy against a petrol and will give you immense value of priced sensibly. All the best.

@Itsme:

Its better to wait for month or two than buying a sedan now, since New Fiesta & Verna are at the verge of their launches.

Also heard that with grown-up competition, Honda is going to Re-position & re-launch it most popular Honda City with updated specifications, equipments & New Name(BALLADE) at affordable price tag, beginning from 7 lacs only very soon.

Today local Hyundai dealer called and said new Verna shall be launched next week and he will inform me. Any news from experts here? I went with my friend for Vento and Polo test drive as he wants a diesel for 100 km per day running. Guys Vento and Polo have limited headroom. He is tall and he pointed out. I might also give Vento a miss on this count. He is thinking of going for i20 magna crdi. I really hope Verna is not more than 50k over the previous transform so i can have it. Another dealer is booking new Verna for 50k with prices not out yet.

Called the hyundai dealer again today. He said new Verna launch is expected by April end. But read on another site Fiat 1.6 MJD Linea is expected soon too - 105 bhp, 290 Nm. Its becoming difficult and choices are all good. Hope i get a good car soon.

Guys checked out Optra Magnum Diesel LS at the showroom. Shall test drive tomorrow. Car seems too good - 9.10 lacs on the road. Seems SX4 is out, City has no discounts. Linea shall not be out in couple of months, Fiesta too. Verna come out soon.

Didnt get time to test drive an sx4 diesel or optra magnum tcdi. Also both dont seem to be practical 8 lac options - optra tcdi LS being dated and sells less(hence resale shall be low) and sx4 vdi not feeling like a 8 lacs on road sedan (swift interiors and the A pillar). I am worried that Verna 1.6 diesel (one i am looking forward to buy) shall be steeply priced around 9.5 lacs ex showroom base variant. 1.4 diesel seems to be a compromise even before knowing the price. Vento trendline diesel is too basic again for a c class sedan and price and comfortline diesel is again 9.35 lacs ex showroom exceeding around 9 lacs budget on road i seem to have set. Hence seems again Honda City S is again in picture for the comfort, refinement. It was very easy (city s)had petrol prices been southward. Also seems Verna is making me wait longer than expected. Sold my previous car in third week of march, and verna deliveries shall start only by third week of march.

Vento trendline diesel is too basic again for a c class sedan and price and comfortline diesel is again 9.35 lacs ex showroom exceeding around 9 lacs budget on road i seem to have set.

I'm not biasing my opinion for anyone, instead i'm going to tell the truth below. 

Don't think Vento to be a Seasonal product(like others) amongst the Sedans, It offers the Industry's best product with one of the best following features;

-Best build quality amongst its segment.

-Best Quality Powertrains/Engine & Suspension bits.

-Fastest in its segment 1.6l TDi Diesel engine with promising 20kmpl FE on Highways.

-Best Ergonomics & quality features for a price.

-Even its minor bits like Horn is also designed with same precision & engineering capabilities as that of its engine & Suspension parts.

-All concluding to well sorted out & capable product which will hold its Identity, Brand & Residual value for years & years, much better than its Hyundai or other rivals.

One of the best saying at ours place is that,

'The Volkswagen car & the Woodland leather product will always last forever, much longer than expected'.

So, 50k spend more on its Highline variant Initially will always deliever you better after its 5 years of its Ownership with Big glimpse of Smile on your face.

Or otherwise its Trendline version is not that much underspecced for which it can be missed, it still features;

-Plush Chocolate brown-beige shade Interiors.

-Tilt & telescopic steering wheel.

-All 4 Power Windows.

-Central Power locking.

-Rear Seat AC Vents.

-Rear Tail-Glass deffoger.

-Electric Boot-lid release.

-Only its Door Handles & ORVMs needs to be painted in body coloured(VW dealer does this for Rs.3850 only) for make its really Plush(like Highline variant) from outside. 
dr_nishu2011-04-24 15:54:28

Enquired the dealer for Verna - he says 12th May. Might book one for 50 k (he says refundable). Shape makes heart go verna way, but reviews say vento. Still think 8.6 for base 1.6 or 9.15 for sx seems fine. Hope i make right decision.

Got Verna Base 1.6 booked on 2nd May. Today went to the dealership to enquire about tomorrow's launch and to my surprise the Sales Executive took me to the workshop and says the car is here, you can see. It was a test drive vehicle with blue (test drive vehicle) stickers on doors. It was Verna 1.6 Sx white color diesel. Then he showed me white, silver and golden 1.6 diesel base model cars in his stockyard. The suspense is the exact price still, which he says shall be out tomorrow and about test drive he says after tomorrow. Hopefully it should be 8.7 or around ex showroom my place for the diesel 1.6 base which seems pretty well equipped - bluetooth, audio system, steering controls, abs, driver airbag, climate control, fogs.(no alloys though) Got to quickly plan about the finances to get the beauty home soon.

Got Verna Base 1.6 booked on 2nd May.
Congratulations for booking new verna. Awaiting your ownership review . New verna looks good. Let pricing be revealed tomorrow, which i expect to be very competitive.ashikawa2011-05-10 15:47:35

Congrats Itsme for booking the New Verna 1.6 in advance.

Even on request I'm also waiting for New Verna CRDi & will definitely go for it if falls within my budget.

Anways, which colour do you've booked ??

& what's the expected date for your car's delivery ?

Prices revealed  8.92 lacs ex showroom for verna 1.6 base diesel . Dealer says deposit money and we will deliver in a week because he got one silver, one white and one golden yesterday. White one sold when i went for the test drive today. It felt nice driving - gearshift and lag seemed alright, i liked the brakes too. Think silver colour looks better than white. So might go for it. Will try to make payment soon. Thanks to all motor gurus - creativebala, dr nishu and ashikawa for the wishes. Will keep things posted.

Prices revealed? 8.92 lacs ex showroom for verna 1.6 base diesel . Dealer says deposit money and we will deliver in a week because he got one silver' date=' one white and one golden yesterday. White one sold when i went for the test drive today. It felt nice driving - gearshift and lag seemed alright, i liked the brakes too. Think silver colour looks better than white. So might go for it. Will try to make payment soon. Thanks to all motor gurus - creativebala, dr nishu and ashikawa for the wishes.?Will keep things posted.[/quote'] Congrates Itsme. Do start your ownership thread with a lot of pics once you get delivery of new verna.