rki2007

Cute little beauty comes home.., Pre-owned i10

It was the time when it was just 3 month from my new purchase of the Big girl Yes the Manza Quadra jet Aura+. Manza is absolutely superb and no complaints about it. The reason sometimes I get frustrated with the Manza is its dimension. Yes the car is extremely huge and very difficult to drive down in very small streets.

Plans for a hatch back- Even though I have a car I at majority of the times travel in two wheelers only. This winter season thought me lesson that no you cannot here after travel in two wheelers. Its time for you to use a four-wheeler. I am 25 now, way back at the age of 12 I started driving bikes. Till today I have driven close to 1.25L kms on two wheelers. Currently got frustrated with two wheelers and felt it is the time to upgrade to a small hatchback instead of two wheelers.

Initial budget was only 2.5L for reasonable good car in used car market. My family members came out with a BIG NO stating that. Are you mad, why do you want to buy an old car? They are ignorant people because they are not aware of the flourishing used car market outside and buying a used vehicle was something new for our family. This budget of Rs.2.5Lwas not even possible for a 2007 Wagon R. So didn

Very nice report RKi. A hatchback is definitely needed for city driving. The I10 looks in great condition. Seems like it is a new buy ;). And moreover, the deal you have got is awesome man!

And I can see from the pics that you got heavy filming on the glass. Was it already there or you got it done? And the paint of the car is really glossy man! Fog Lamps, Bumper Guards, Wheel Covers -- goooood. Post some interior pics also man!

Congrats for the great purchase and keep us updated about the routines experiences !

@rki2007 That's a great buy friend,Congrats.smiley32.gif

The car looks really good in the pics and the deal also seems to be perfect for what you got.Your experience is same as mine with my I10 kappa asta.

Now an advice:Just get the tyres upgraded,and then you are really going to find the real capabilities of this beauty.

Very nice report RKi. A hatchback is definitely needed for city driving. The I10 looks in great condition. Seems like it is a new buy ;). And moreover' date=' the deal you have got is awesome man!
And I can see from the pics that you got heavy filming on the glass. Was it already there or you got it done? And the paint of the car is really glossy man! Fog Lamps, Bumper Guards, Wheel Covers -- goooood. Post some interior pics also man!
Congrats for the great purchase and keep us updated about the routines experiences !

[/quote']

Thanks dude. The figure drawn on the glass is the structure of Lord Ganesha drawn by the Poojari at the time of pooja. And by the way the sunfilm of 3M was done by the previous owner.
rki20072011-01-03 06:54:55

@rki2007 That's a great buy friend' date='Congrats.smiley32.gif
The car looks really good in the pics and the deal also seems to be perfect for what you got.Your experience is same as mine with my I10 kappa asta.
Now an advice:Just get the tyres upgraded,and then you are really going to find the real capabilities of this beauty.
[/quote']

Thanks dude. I also have the idea of upsizing the tyre but atleast not now. May be it should  happen in couple of months.

Nice catch, rki, car looks pristine. Problem would be of the dash reflection in this all beige previous gen model. Keep us posted regards the ownership and especially mileage as there have been a few reports of higher than expected fuel consumption of i10's peppering this forum.

Thanks Ravi sir and Bala. Soon i will update about the fuel efficiency and other details. As far as the beige reflection, i have learnt to live with it in my Manza itself so i didn't find it that bothering.

Congrats rki for your new year purchase. i10 kappa is a superb car.i think its the best vfm small car in its segment with superb built quality, peppy  and refined engine and hassle free ownership experience. thanks to Hyundai.My brother who stays in Bannerghata Road owns a 2009 model i10 Kappa Sportz variant.

@rki2007 That's a great buy friend' date='Congrats.smiley32.gifThe car looks really good in the pics and the deal also seems to be perfect for what you got.[/quote']

Thats good,but take care whenever you upgrade,go on for stock diameter only,just tyres must be somewhat wider,I seriously mean only somewhat wider,not too much.
I am running Turanzas and in my opinion,they are the best for the price.
BornFree2011-01-04 16:13:57

Congrats alot rki for getting the Cute & Peppy Hatchback for your City commutes, as it's becoming Essential for Daily routine now.

Even I'm planning another one also, but for Highway use as I'm having Superb Alto LXi for City usage preferably.

.....I have been using the steering mounted audio controls on my manza which is not available in i10 top end variant too (not the new vtvt kappa 2 model)' date=' which is a bit difficult when it comes to selection of songs......

[/quote']

Steering Mounted Controls are now the Part of New 2010 i10's Steering Wheel, from its Sportz(O) & Asta trim level onwards.
dr_nishu2011-01-06 18:13:53

Congrats alot rki for getting the Cute & Peppy Hatchback for your City commutes' date=' as it's becoming Essential for Daily routine now.

Even I'm planning another one also, but for Highway use as I'm having Superb Alto LXi for City usage preferably.

.....I have been using the steering mounted audio controls on my manza which is not available in i10 top end variant too (not the new vtvt kappa 2 model), which is a bit difficult when it comes to selection of songs......

Steering Mounted Controls are now the Part of New 2010 i10's Steering Wheel, from its Sportz(O) & Asta trim level onwards.

Thanks Dr_Nishu - Ya i am aware of the new gen sportz & asta variants. I know that it is equipped with steering mounted audio controls, bluetooth connectivity and some more additional good features are added.

But what i don't like is the new facelift (looks) of i10 and Verna Transform

Congrats Rki. The write up is really the best smiley32.gif , and yes it looks like you have done a good home work, and also being rewarded for the same. a nice looking i10 there.

Wishing you many happy miles to come on the odo.

Enjoy.