Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Spock

Buick Verano

Its new Summer for Buick - What?

Well Buick is launching its first compact car since skylark and it looks beautiful.Its based on GM delta 2 platform and shares its platform with Cruze yet its not badge engineered Buick - it looks and feels different every panel is new and its much stiffer- Way to go GM

Its going to be powered by 2,4 litre 177bhp motor mated to 6 speed Auto.a 2 litre ecotech engine will come later.Prices start $21995 to 26000( Rs9- 15 lacs approx)

some pictures of Buick Verano

2012buickveranoheadligh.jpg

2012buickveranointerior.jpg

2012buickveranofrontthr.jpg

2012buickveranotailligh.jpg

(source - Motor trend and automobilemag.com)

@drifty - Its going to be launched in USA , China( not sure) and other Buick markets.

Yes its looks Lineaish but more sophisticated looking than Linea.

It is heavily based on new European  Astra

@pavanjunglefury- its is based on GM delta 2 paltform which underpins new Astra, Cruze.It is not related to Mercury Milan which is a Ford product based on CD3 platform designed by Mazda

@Mr. Spock - Its sold already in China as the Buick Excelle GT.

@pavanjunglefury - The Regal ,La Crosse and Enclave was a hit. Not the Lucerene.

@sadiblas2010 It costs between $21,000 to $26,000 with features like 177 HP 2.4 L I-4 with DI, heated seats,navigation, back up camera, leather etc. It competes with other premium small cars like Audi A3,Volvo C30 and the upcoming Lexus CT200h.

@ragav - I know it is sold in China as Buick Excelle.

I felt that engine options are limited and does not bring true potential of this car.

What I want is seven speed gearbox in this car mated to a direct injection small block V6 engine developing 250 hp

@Mr. Spock

Buick is mainly a Acura/Lexus/VW competitor providing soft- riding near luxury cars. So, a speed automatic is simply out of league because its competitors don't have such an option.

The 2.0 L I-4 Turbo will produce a minimum of 250 hp .So it must be good enough for this car.

@ragav - Buick is now being positioned as an entry level luxury brand competing with likes of Infiniti , Acura not Lexus.

In 1960s Buick used to have its own V8 engine now due to 1979 olds-Cadillac engine fiasco Buick doesn't have any engine.I felt a V6 will do  it more justice than a 2 liter Insignia engine.

Well, I don't think Buick competes with Infiniti. Infiniti , as a brand, is more sporty and therefore competes with Cadillac , BMW, Audi. Plus, the Infiniti line up as a whole is rear wheel drive.

But Lexus consists of a mixture of RWD and FWD cars. However, none of them are known for a sporty ride or good handling. For eg. Lexus IS is rear drive but its mundane and boring to drive.

If I were to buy an entry luxury car , at my young age I would consider only a sporty handing car with a stiff ride . So I would go for Cadillac, BMW, Audi (if AWD, not FWD Audis),Jag, Infiniti.

I would never consider a car with a floaty and cushy ride since that isn't important to me. So, I would shun Buick,Acura ,Lexusand even Mercedes.

CAFE fuel economy regulations are coming. So ,it makes more sense to go for smaller engines. However, the 3.6 L Direct injection V6 making 304 Hp and 273 Lb-Ft of torque would liven up this car.

@ragav -  Buick is considered an entry level luxury Brand and  infinti does not commend that respect in luxury market so it competes with this segment. For that matter even Cadillac DTS is not even considered by even motor trend( see website)  as an entry level full size luxury( even though it is a full size entry level luxury car.)

What I mean is that Buick is competing with infinti and not Lexus is due to infinti is considered a low end luxury car brand due to perception.

It has nothing to do with RWD or sportiness

Take care

Spock

Cadillac DTS doesn't command respect again because its a ten year old car that is soon to be phased out and replaced by the Cadillac XTS.

Also Cadillac DTS is FWD whereas the Cadillac CTS, STS and the upcoming ATS(3 series rival) is RWD.

The Cadillac XTS which replaces the DTS is AWD based on FWD which is similar to the Audi A8 and will give it credibility.

btw did u read the motortrend review of full size luxury sedans? The Hyundai Genesis doesn't deserve to be there competing with Jag, Merc,BMW,Audi,Lexus and Porsche. Even though its RWD, has a v-8 and a good interior , it still doesn't qualify to compete with the rest because at the end of the day ,its still a Hyundai which is an economy brand. If they want to create a luxury car, create a new brand.

My Infiniti-Buick-Lexus perception is something which guys in my high school normally think.Its not anyone's fault or mine. You would be able to see more Infinities than Lexus at my high school.

The reason why Infiniti doesn't command much respect is that they have only one car(G37- 3 Series sized)) out of which several variations have been made. Small luxury cars cost less compared to bigger ones and hence the image.

@ragav - I read the comparison in motor trend and was amazed to see a Hyundai but no Acura even DTS( never mind it is 10 years old) it is a full size luxury car

Coming to brand , I feel that one wrong move and any brand can go to bottom.Remember How in 1960s and early 70s Cadillac was compared to Rolls Royce and commanded premium but look Know do to wrong badge engineering , archiac designs , engine - Cadillac lost its premium image and is now trying to  build a new image - hope it succeeds

I feel Buick Verano is a right step in direction and Buick  should develop some convertibles on this Platform

looks quite nice, if Chevrolet launches this with just a name change, ie chevy verano, i am sure this can compete with the Altis very well. Just my two cents!

Mr. Spock

Cadillac has begun to rebuild itself and has proved to be successful beginning with the Escalade and the CTS family- CTS Sedan, Coupe,Sport wagon and CTS-V -sedan,coupe,wagon. I'm pretty sure that the upcoming Cadillac XTS will be a class leader and give everyone a run for their money. Also, the Cadillac ATS which will have sedan,coupe,wagon and convertible variants not to mention a ATS-V variant of each version will push up volumes for Cadillac.

Former GM CEO Ed Whitacre had promised to nurture Cadillac to compete with Maybach. With halo products like a maybach competitor,entry full size RWD sedan, mid engined sports car, Cadillac would be prestigious as before.

A sleeping giant is waking up!

@ragav - I love  feel that the luxury market is totally ruined by these German and Asian  brands whose products lack exotic feel they used to be.

Yes quality is excellent but are becoming too common a site not because  great or revolutionary products but because competition from Independent and American brands have dried up in these 30 years.

I hope that these great American Brands like Cadillac , Buick give a good competition and change the market again so that we can more market changing products in future

wow very cool futuristic cars with elegant design and powerful engine supported
smiley20.gifsmiley20.gif

Note from Mod: Links removed. Similar posts from now on could invite strict action.
BornFree2011-01-29 12:50:52

The international car scene has been spotlight to GM.And a part from that every entry o he auto show has been great and impressive.Actually,some photos were recently leaked of the Cadillac XTS sedan, which will debut at the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show. The car will be updating the STS and DTS sedans as the new full-size luxury vehicle in the Cadillac lineup. AMG12011-11-14 08:42:12

wholesale nfl jerseys

The use Ralph Lauren shirts    8

of NFL jerseys are very popular. It is a way to meet new people, too. All over the country are complete strangers a smile, a nod, raise your glasses and horns, as they seeNFL Jerseys Sale    8

others with their favorite jersey. It is a great way to like minded people especially when you're gone watch the game, in their preferred institution's needs.

Wholesaleralph lauren jackets    10

NFL Jerseys contrast to all other T-shirt you can buy with the same care and quality. You can even more money if you buy in large quantities. If you are a group of friendsbottes ugg pas cher    8

or colleagues who have all seen the game all week, why not one for all? You can pool their money to buy them or buy them for everyone as a gift.

You north face denali jacket    

can also go into the business, sold T-shirts online or locally on the extent permitted by law. Prices are large you the freedom to appoint their own prices and paid a fairrolex submariner    6

price for the sale of T-shirts.

Wholesale NFL jerseys, the parties may be purchased for specific games, organize you. Ensure that all on the same page and its best when it comes to playing these hirts are also ideal for use when the chance to see their favorite team up close and in person to have.

ThereRalph Lauren outlet online    12

are a number of jerseys wholesale suppliers out there who offer lower rates for bulk buyers. These rates differ from supplier to supplier. Some jerseys wholesale supplierscheap north face    

are prepared to give a good price for a smaller package while others insist on an order of at least 500 jerseys at a time. A smaller order reduces shipping costs as costs are determined by how many cubic feet your shipment takes up. Fewer numbers of jerseys also mean less cash up front.

There montre homme pas cher    

is also a discrepancy between suppliers on how long it takes them to send your shipment. This is also dependent on the money being received for the goods as few will send north face jester    

an order without cash in hand. Some suppliers will send it for shipping on the same day while others wait as long as 3 days before sending your order. There arenfl shirts    

2 sides to this coin as though you may be waiting for 3 days, this particular supplier is waiting for a full load and may be getting a better deal on shipping costs. Onmontre breitling    

the flip side while your cash is tied up in the jerseys, you cannot get your money back.

Theuggs pas cher    

one place online that I will say you can find wholesale jerseys is on eBay. I know that this place is typical and clich?|, but it is the best place to find wholesale itemsnfl Football Jerseys    27

because of the bidding method. If you pay attention to the bids that are involved, I'm sure that you can find NFL jerseys at wholesale prices.

The cheap football jerseys    10

only thing that you need to pay attention to is the time. If you can get into a bid near the middle or the end of the sale, then you will be able to get that item forralph lauren clothing    11

very cheap. replique montres    

You should look at my blog to find other resources and information on the subject.

wholesale nfl jerseys

The use Ralph Lauren shirts    8
of NFL jerseys are very popular. It is a way to meet new people' date=' too. All over the country are complete strangers a smile, a nod, raise your glasses and horns, as they seeNFL Jerseys Sale    8
 others with their favorite jersey. It is a great way to like minded people especially when you're gone watch the game, in their preferred institution's needs.
Wholesaleralph lauren jackets    10
 NFL Jerseys contrast to all other T-shirt you can buy with the same care and quality. You can even more money if you buy in large quantities. If you are a group of friendsbottes ugg pas cher    8
 or colleagues who have all seen the game all week, why not one for all? You can pool their money to buy them or buy them for everyone as a gift.
You north face denali jacket    
can also go into the business, sold T-shirts online or locally on the extent permitted by law. Prices are large you the freedom to appoint their own prices and paid a fairrolex submariner    6
 price for the sale of T-shirts.
Wholesale NFL jerseys, the parties may be purchased for specific games, organize you. Ensure that all on the same page and its best when it comes to playing these hirts are also ideal for use when the chance to see their favorite team up close and in person to have.
ThereRalph Lauren outlet online    12
 are a number of jerseys wholesale suppliers out there who offer lower rates for bulk buyers. These rates differ from supplier to supplier. Some jerseys wholesale supplierscheap north face    
 are prepared to give a good price for a smaller package while others insist on an order of at least 500 jerseys at a time. A smaller order reduces shipping costs as costs are determined by how many cubic feet your shipment takes up. Fewer numbers of jerseys also mean less cash up front.
There montre homme pas cher    
is also a discrepancy between suppliers on how long it takes them to send your shipment. This is also dependent on the money being received for the goods as few will send north face jester    
an order without cash in hand. Some suppliers will send it for shipping on the same day while others wait as long as 3 days before sending your order. There arenfl shirts    
 2 sides to this coin as though you may be waiting for 3 days, this particular supplier is waiting for a full load and may be getting a better deal on shipping costs. Onmontre breitling    
 the flip side while your cash is tied up in the jerseys, you cannot get your money back.
Theuggs pas cher    
 one place online that I will say you can find wholesale jerseys is on eBay. I know that this place is typical and clich?|, but it is the best place to find wholesale itemsnfl Football Jerseys    27
 because of the bidding method. If you pay attention to the bids that are involved, I'm sure that you can find NFL jerseys at wholesale prices.
The cheap football jerseys    10
only thing that you need to pay attention to is the time. If you can get into a bid near the middle or the end of the sale, then you will be able to get that item forralph lauren clothing    11
 very cheap. replique montres    
You should look at my blog to find other resources and information on the subject.

[/quote']

@Mods: Please refer to this content. I dont see it relevant.