ujwal29

Excessive inside tire wear

I have been running an Ikon TDCI for 30000kms +, and have seen considerable amount of tire wear on the inner edges of all the 4 wheels. Got all the wheel alignment and the wheel balancing done, still the problem persists. Got it checked with the ford service center, but they say its fine..

Can someone give some insights on what could be the issue here and which parts needs to be checked to rectify the issue? Should I get it checked with some local garage mechanics as they usually are good at finding the issue (havn't shown it to a local mechanic as my car is still under warranty).

Also, Im running Goodyear GT2 tyre set, is it a good idea to change the tires inside out and use it?

Mods: Pls merges the thread if there already exists one.

@dr_nishu: Im using the regular Goodyear GT2 tire set of 13". Could there be any misalignment due to worn ball joints, worn arm bushings?

Also, would like to know, if anyone has tried out using the tire inside-out and run it? I understand that since these are regular threading tires, it should not be a problem.

Im using the regular Goodyear GT2 tire set of 13". Could there be any misalignment due to worn ball joints' date=' worn arm bushings? [/quote']

I mean to say, What's the width of the Tyres you're Ford Ikon is having ??

Worn ball joints or Arm bushings can't supposed to be associated with all of the 4 wheels/Axles at One go(at the same time), since you've previously quoted that All tyres are showing Uneven wear.
dr_nishu2011-01-10 17:15:41

175/70/R13

Then the problem seems to be with l'll bit of Wheels Misalignment only.

Get it checked at some Reputed Authorised Tyre Shop, Proper Alignment & Tyre Rotation will definitely sort out the matters.