chandoksumit

Which luxury SUV i should buy...?

My budget is 60 lacs and i am looking for a 5 seater Suv. i really liked volvo xc60 but i am not sure about its resale value.

what you guys suggest ...whether i should go for

volvo

Merc M class

or X5

Right now i am driving a fortuner

if i where you i would have gone for Cayenne. I have TD'd X5, GL,M,XC90,X6,Q7 and Range Rovers.

My understanding is , XC-90 is the most practical SUV and Cayenne is the best drivers SUV.

Again what do you really want , looks , comfort , driveability ? Because all of them cater to different style of buyers

Try the Audi Q5. I believe a new version of the Mercedes-Benz ML will arrive sharing the platform with the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

But,I say go for the XC 60 since its value for money and is very competitive with the rest.

if i where you i would have gone for Cayenne. I have TD'd X5' date=' GL,M,XC90,X6,Q7?and Range Rovers.

?

My understanding is , XC-90 is the most practical SUV and Cayenne is the best drivers SUV.

?

Again what do you really want , looks , comfort , driveability ? Because all of them cater to different style of buyers
[/quote']

Same is my opinion,I have tasted only Prado,Cayenne,XC-90 and Q5,and I found Cayenne as simply the best,all others are good too,but if you drive yourself,then...FIND A PORSCHE DEALERSHIP IN YOUR CITY.

Try the Audi Q5. I believe a new version of the Mercedes-Benz ML will arrive sharing the platform with the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

But' date='I say go for the XC 60 since its value for money and is very competitive with the rest.[/quote']

when is new M class coming...???

u hav any idea

Try the BMW 5-Series GT. Its a great car with good performance when u opt for the 4.4 L TT V8. Its a good 5 -seater and its interior room is greater than the X5.

r u talking about the limited GT..????

if not whts the price of 5 series GT???

HI reg SUV of 60 laks.

Serious off roading & dependable easy to maintain=ToytaPrado

Merc ML350CDi = bieng established your suv need not wait long period in workshop for want of spares.good offroad .

Volkswagen NEW TOUAREG= getting launched soon Good for offroad and comfortable ,Tuff shld come below ur 60 lak Expensive to maintain, accidented part takes longer time

Porsche cayennediese= similar to above (VW) but may cross ur budget expensive to maintain, accidented part takes longer time

BMX5= good to drive sporty but not comfortable NO SPARE TYRE is big problem Specially for SUV , NOT a good FOR OFFROAD ,Expensive to maintain, accidented part takes longer time.

Volvo= Not good for offroad,comfortable seats &ride Expensive to maintain, accidented part takes longer time ,less number of cars or SUV not much of presence in india,

Audi Q7= not serious off roader BIG, Expensive to maintain, accidented part takes longer time

Hope this gives a fair idea .Anand

Try the BMW 5-Series GT. Its a great car with good performance when u opt for the 4.4 L TT V8. Its a good 5 -seater and its interior room is greater than the X5.

The GT were limited in number, they are sold out.

Volvo is famous for its Safety. Also i dont think the resale value is good because we Indians are not much poplular about Volvo engines. Go for the Leading Q7 dude. Also Merc works better. If mid budget, then Outlander plays good role too.

@Chandok

By offer I don't mean any discounts or accessories,but here I mean about what you get at the price.

Though the test drive I took,lasted just about 29kms,but what I have tested are as follows:

Engine,ride and handling :All seems to be simply perfect.

I did a maximum 160kph,it was even more confidence inspiring and I could easily feel the car taking care of the sudden turns and stabilising everything.

Hard braking is no problem at all,XC60 manages everything itself.

Suspension is simply brilliant,you may feel the changes in suspension with change in speed and the road condition.

Interiors are simply brilliant and functional enough to keep you occupied if you get bored.

Even the steering response too changes with the speed(correct me if I am wrong,it may be the lane assist system).

Even I tested the anti-crash and anti-roll system,by firstly speeding up the car at 80kph towards a wall,the car started warning me,so I slowed it down to 40kph,and then I removed my feet from the brakes.

Result:The car stopped itself about 1 feet before the wall(Note:I gave the car,enough distance to stop).

Anti-roll system is brilliant too,whatever speed you take a turn,the car turns itself to a limit(though it may be dangerous,but you can't expect a car to drive you) as a result,no risk of turning turtle instead of turning.

In my views,its 9/10 for XC60,and I declare it better than Q5,Merc M and Prado.

Comparing with Q7,XC90 or X5 will be unfair.

If you want something bigger,then close your eyes and go for the Audi Q7 4.2 TDI.

Even my father had a plan to buy a Prado in September(only because we love Toyotas),but now its going to be XC60.TSiVipul2011-01-21 14:13:53

@chandok;

Go for Volvo XC60, as its Simply the best car not amongst its segment but from above of its segment too, as Vipul already quoted above.

As my Personal opinion, I like the looks of Volvo XC60 very much, its equipment list is great, Safety is Unmatched by anything in the World(already tested by our forum member Vipul), Engines are Powerful & Efficient & many more.

In Short it'll give you the Best bang for your Money & As per my point of view Volvo is equally Premium brand than Germans, as per what it offers.

Plus you'll save lots of money with it too as it costs around INR 42-43lacs(ex-showroom, Delhi).

While Mercs SUVs are not that much VFM & desirable either.

Audi Q7 is good, but It costs around INR 70lacs, so will Cross your Budget by Huge margin.

My Vote goes for Volvo. So, Try to Test Drive Volvo XC60 first.

One more advantage of XC60:

Last night we took the XC60 to Delhi,and I swear that every time I step in the SUV,it surprises me with a new feature.

Firstly we got stuck in a traffic jam(I mean the city traffic),the BLIS(Blind spot info. system) works brilliantly.If any car or bike or an auto came in my blind spot,it simply warned me and saved me from dents(I would love to have such feature in my Innova,because its rear has many dents),And ACC(Adaptive cruise control)is also great,at low speeds like snarling city traffic,it doesn't work,but as soon as you are on highway(I mean at a good speed,I think over 60kph(Not sure)),the ACC activates and you don't need to brake again and again because since its radar operated so it would never allow you to tailgate any vehicle on the highways,you will be forced to maintain a safe distance.In other words,the XC60 has blown me away in just 150-200kms drive and If I would explain all my experiences then pages can be filled and many forum rules will be broken...smiley36.gif

The ESP seems to be the best in class(it stabilises the vehicle at any speed to any extent and anti-roll stabilisation is just the icing on the cake),I have driven Q5 a hundred of times,and its a fact that Q5(TDI) simply thrashes the XC60 in terms of handling and pleasure,its far faster too.But if you want real driving pleasure then nothing comes close to Cayenne(Diesel is also available now),because after driving Cayenne I can bet that its the best handler.

But if you want a balance of everything(I seriously mean everything),then just close your eyes and go for XC60

When it comes to resale value,I am sure you will be keeping the vehicle for at least 1-2 years,and as you may be knowing if a car is good then the resale value develops itself(I am sure the resale value will develop,because I have seen nearly 10-15 people admiring the XC60 and getting their mouths open on hearing the things on offer for the price,one is the Q5 owner itself).

TSiVipul2011-01-22 02:23:30

If you don't hate getting warned twice or thrice by your car, and always put your life first and than driving pleasuse. .go with volvo xc60. . Audi Q7 can't be compared with xc60 , its just a different SUV. . . .Don't worry about resale value volvo resale value is higher than audi and merc. .especially in punjab, any volvo car could be sold at a good price. .

Don't get confused go for xc60

@Chandok

As already mentioned by Abhpom4u,the only issue with any Volvo cars is the dealership/service-center network,but if you have one nearby(I mean in your 150km range),then no problem.

And as mentioned by an another forum member AUTOYAAR,if warnings(I mean the car directing you)doesn't irritate you,then you surely can't go wrong with a XC60.

TSiVipul2011-01-22 17:18:15

@Yashd95

I being a Toyota's fan,had decided to get a Prado,after testing it hundreds of times(My uncle owns two at the same time)its a fact that it is a brilliant machine and has an exceptional capability of crushing continents.Quality,luxury and A.S.S. are the icing on the cake.

But six drives of XC60 have blew me away,neither XC60 is such a great offroader,nor the after sales service is as good as of Prado...but even then,one test drive and you are going to forget the Prado.