Ajju

Any SwiftDzire (K-12 Engine) owners here?

hello,

I am planning to buy Swift Dzire VXI in next month. has any one

tried new k-12 Series engine Dzire ? any reviews regarding the

performance and mileage ? also let me if LDI is good option to go bcz

its just 30k more than the VXIicon_idea.gif

My monthly usage will not be more than 600-800kms(max) so shall i go

for petrol or diesel ?

---

Aj

With the price of petrol extending it's lead visa vis the diesel. It should make sense to go for a diesel. But the service cost will be higher and resale will be better than its petrol cousin. Choice is yours. But for the mileage mentioned you'll be better of with a petrol.

With the price of petrol extending it's lead visa vis the diesel. It should make sense to go for a diesel. But the service cost will be higher and resale will be better than its petrol cousin. Choice is yours. But for the mileage mentioned you'll be better of with a petrol.

Thanks for the details. any idea about Mileage for VXi petrol engine(k-12) showroom person told 14km/L  in City and 17km/L on Highways.but i want to check with owner to get a exact figure.

Also i took a TD of Ford Ikon today which is almost equal to my Dzire budget but i am not sure how worth Ikon compared to Dzire interms of Mileage and performance. Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Ajju

Actually the K series engine is the most efficient engine in 1.2lt petrol market and it is silky smooth but with petrol almost Rs 20 more I think the petrol diesel cut off point has come to 800-1000kms per month also they retain their value more .

My suggestion go for the LDi and please put 185/65R14 tyres as this are needs grip with that torquey engine.

My choice would be LDI. Its a powerpack engine plus very frugal.

Going by the free pricing on petrol, ,I would be least surprised if petrol prices touch Rs 100 by next year, but govt can't touch diesel's price easily.

regarding FE, you can expect around 12-14 in city in Petrol, the same would be 16 under same driving condition nin a LDI

My choice would be LDI. Its a powerpack engine plus very frugal.

Going by the free pricing on petrol' date=' ,I would be least surprised if petrol prices touch Rs 100 by next year, but govt can't touch diesel's price easily.

regarding FE, you can expect around 12-14 in city in Petrol, the same would be 16 under same driving condition nin a LDI
[/quote']

Thanks for the suggestion. But LDI doesnt have most of the basic features which is there in VXI smiley19.gif.

http://www.marutidzire.com/specifications-detail.asp

I need to check with dealer how much more i have pay for basic and required accessory's. 

@rssh:

Any idea about 185/65R14 tyres cost?

--

Ajaya

Hi, with running of 6 to 8 hundred per month, i would suggest vxi will be better choice as only it will make around Rs 300 difference with LDI on fuel. . . .and u will get a lot more feature with vxi than ldi . . . .also vxi is better on ldi for an occasional drag or sprint :)

so if you are ready to spend 300 rupees more per month on fuel, go for vxi. .it will make your extra 300 rupees worth, else test drive the two and you will know the difference. . . . .

I have swift K series , Iwill suggest you go for Vxi otherwise go for Ldi if fuel price matters and you are not bothered about equipment.the K series has a good low speed drivability and Fuel economy is much better than old G series engine and if driven with light foot 15- 17 km/l can easily be achieved

Thanks for the info. I just enquired with Mondovi Motors and found out the price details:

Dzire VXI = 6.4L (On Rd)

Dzire LDI=   6.8L (On Rd) + Accessorys 42k [15k(power wind) +15k(Music system)+Seat covers etc..12k]

so now there is a price gap of almost 1Lakh b/w VXI & LDI smiley6.gif i think its better to go for VXI i guess. I already took TD of both i am happy with both variants. Only price is the factory which i have to look for because i will be going for 70% Loan.

Running cost of a Diesel Swift(Swift or Dzire) is just Half of its corresponding Petrol version, so you can save that for your EMIs.

But If you're getting better deal with Dzire VXi Petrol, then its also a Good deal in Long Run, as;

-1stly, Its 1.2l K-series engine is very Fuel efficient & due to that 18-20kmpl of Fuel efficiency ca also be extracted from it during Light foot Highway drives.

-2ndly, Its pretty low on Maintenance costs too, as My cousin is having Ritz ZXi & he've spend nothing on its maintenance yet, except Rs.2200(for Oil change, etc) till 1st 10,000kms, whereas Service Costs for Diesel Switf/Ritz is around 5k(Swift/Ritz VDi owners please correct me if i'm wrong here).

-3rd, Refinement & Driving Pleasure of this engine is Simply Superb & lovable. With clocking miles on its odo-meter, it simply gets Smoothened & more n more Silent.

You'll Simply love to rev it. smiley27.gif

Hope the above points will help you to arrive at some Conclusion.

& Avoid Diesel car if you don't use your car Daily. 
dr_nishu2011-01-25 19:06:35

I agree with nishu , hard to fault with his logic.Personally I feel this is the best engine Maruti has built apart from G series engine.It offers a healthy compromise between drivability , economy , refinement , Raw power - With petrols like this Diesels bewaresmiley36.gif

The lakh difference in diesel will take atleast 3- 5 years to recover whatever the cost of diesel being and you should  have to munch kilometers until the benefit appear of your investment in Diesel.

Even I was slightly tempted by diesel due to soaring Petrol costs but My mind is clear and steadfast towards petrol..LOL

Mr. Spock2011-01-26 08:03:00