Sign in to follow this  
dineshzma116

Chevrolet to launch Camaro muscle car in India

Chevrolet to launch Camaro muscle car in India

Chevrolet-Camaro-India-300x225.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro at 2010 Delhi Auto Expo

A leading Indian daily has reported that General Motors will launch the iconic Camaro in India this year.

The Camaro which shot to fame thanks the Transformer movie franchise is an American muscle car which is known for its bold appearance and affordable pricing. In India however the two-door car will attract 110% import duty and would thus cost upwards of Rs. 30 lakh. Nonetheless the muscular Camaro is bound to find many takers and will be Chevrolet

The 6.2 L V8 is a blast to drive . It has great low end push and a strong mid-range. While u take off, it kind of gives u a kick. The automatic is faster and that is the one which has launch control.

There appears to be refresh for the Camaro which should come in 2013 with an improved interiors,taillamps . It is also expected to have the new 5.5 L Direct injected V8, which will produce north of 450 hp.

smiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gif

Five star rating from my side..

First muscle car in India(Mustang may be following soon),that's good.Price is something I am doubtful about what is mentioned above....SO MUCH PLEASURE FOR 30 LAC(OR 22 LAC as mentioned by Ishnab1)!!!!!!!

This seems to be impossible...

One more sleepless night......I NEED HELP...

Sadly most of the cars which will be sold will have the 3.6 L V6 and not the 6.2 L V8.

If its priced at 20-22 lakh , I would be tempted to trade in the Cruze for a 3.6 L V6 Camaro.

Riding the Camaro will feel good in India since there is no enforcement of speed limits. I wouldn't take my V8 Camaro above 90 mph(150 kmph) in US of A because I would get a speeding ticket .

The insurance system in USA is such that the insurance rates for younger drivers would be higher than that of older buyers especially for V8 powered ones because younger drivers are considered to be risky.

Not seeing a system like that in India is good.

@Ragav

3.6 V6,won't this engine face any competition from Superb V6 or Accord V6,though there is a lot of difference in the cars,but most of the people will think"Why to buy a 2 seater performer when you can have a 4/5 seater"?

I am happy even with the 3.6 V6 because I am sure its top speed will always remain a mystery for most of us as our speed limits may allow it to us but our roads won't.

The Chevrolet Camaro V6 goes from o-60 mph(96 kmph) in 6.1 secpnds while the Honda Acoord V6 goes from 0-60 mph in 6.4 seconds and your favourite Toyota Camry has a 0-60 time of 6.2 seconds.(I am not sure the Camry V6 is sold in India).I don't give a damn to VW group because they don't sell well in America and is a failure.

The Camaro V6 has 312 hp, Camry and Accord have 250-260 hp.

But the Camaro is RWD while the Camcord is FWD crap. Though RWD has more weight than FWD, it gives u balance (50/50 weight) and has great stability in high speeds unlike FWD. Also u can't smoke the tires in FWD.

Not everyone loves to have 4/5 seater car. I drive most of the time alone or with a co-passenger. Even if u have 4 people, the Camaro is a 4-seater two door car. Its not a two seater .Bring into the equation its killer looks, u have a winner on the hands.

@Ragav20693

Can you get me the exact price of Camaro,thanks for the info. you gave above.

If you have the exact details,then tell me if I can book one for me???

Lets see if the Camaro do match the quality of Accord and Camry,since my father is a chauffeur driven person so Camaro makes sense only for me...thats a problem...

The V6 Camaro starts at $23,000 in USA for base model.I amnot familiar with Indian taxes on imported cars.If its a110% tax , then it would cost $50000 =Rs 23-24 lakhs.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/10/2010camaross_025.jpg

Check out the image of the interior.

If u r buying any Camaro,buying a RS appearance package is a must(it comes standard on the V8). The build-quality is great and the interior and exterior is retro-inspired.

smiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gif

I rate the interiors 5 star,a combination of retro+enthusiastic,it seems to be an enthusiast's dream(okay,for low cost enthusiasm)..

Last question:how and when it will be available for a TD?

I believe rumors have at-least a bit of truth in them.So may be in a few months.

The sad thing here is that Ford doesn't seem willing to launch the Mustang here. Having owned a Camaro and TD'd a 2011 Mustang , they should bring it here.

The Camaro 2SS I had was a V8 with red seats,red interior lighting,heads-up display,21 inch wheels,brembo piston brakes,Boston Acoustics sound and sunroof.

Whatever model u buy, get the sunroof. Otherwise the car feels quite claustrophobic . Get heads up display-it projects the speedo reading on the low part of windscreen,Brembo brakes- they are killer brakes! would be very useful in India.