swiftvxi06

SCOOP : Manza ELAN is Here

Yes the Elan looks much more upmarket with better interiors and quality of plastics used. The car looks better with the alloys and doesnt have the under tyred look like the earlier manza.I wish Tata could have made the instrument cluster more readable by providing bigger dials for speedometer,tachometer and improving the size of the keypad and display of the music system which still resembles that of a casio calculator.!!! i think the Elan will take away Etios buyers who are not willing to wait for Toyota's midsize sedan.Atleast the Manza has better ergonomics than the Etios like front and rear adjustable headrests, central armrests, electric ORVMs. swiftvxi062011-01-29 18:07:42

Simply WOW to the Collection of pics & then Wow to the Manza.smiley27.gif

This Manza really looks World Class & seems that the TATA have finally got the Artillery to stand at par & compete with the Global Rivals.

Other than Ergonomics, One thing I can surely say about Tata Manza is that it've also got better Safety than Japs-ETIOS & Dzire.

Can't wait more for its CS version now.
dr_nishu2011-01-29 18:51:26

swiftvxi's post with large pictures deleted. Members were complaining. The odd may be allowed but not multiple. Please do not make posts with jumbo sized pics.

Moderators

sgiitk2011-01-30 04:06:41

Thanks Tejas Mehta. The car looks nice but not significantly different from the existing Manza. Indiancarsbikes.in (I hope I have this right, otherwise apologies) claims that the Elan is only replacing the Aura+ model. If that is true then does it mean that Elan is only a trim level?

Actually in an article in newspaper I read that that the INDIGO Tag will be removed and the car will be named as "manza Elan" to give a distinct identitiy from the old INDIGO which was not famous for it's quality etc....(please don't call me Tata Basher, ;-)   )  but the INDIGO Tag is still that but they made it small just like what Maruti did to Zen Estilo by giving more prominence to ESTILO.

Possibly this new car will be renamed as Manza Elan

Manza Elan,yeah this is going to be the new name,as I too have read it on many places that Indigo name is going to be dropped for this car(though I don't like it).

The car seems to be steps ahead of the car it is replacing as well as the competition,but a weird fact "Bad name is worse than bad person",the car may be better than the Swift or Etios but it may take some time to dominate.

Manza Elan CS,just thinking how a Manza(I mean big Manza) will look with such a small boot...smiley36.gif

I don't know what to say.. The boot still has that overhang.. Its still a Vista until its rear door..

It sure would dent the Etios sales though and the Dzire's probably.. Space is the USP of this car

Tata launches new Manza saloon

Tata Motors has launched a new series of its Manza saloon. The new

Manza gets minor tweaks on the outside coupled with fresh new look dual

tone interiors. The range will be available across all Tata Motors

dealerships from February 7, 2011.

The new Manza gets alloy wheels as standard, chrome surrounds for the

front fog lamps, dual tone burgundy and beige interiors, soft touch

plastics, chrome garnished bottom weather strip, new seat fabrics and a

new colour shade

Simply awesome.  One of the best Tata car ever launched. smiley32.gif

Interior is fantastic. smiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gif

Who will buy a Nissan Micra diesel or other diesel 'Premium' hatchbacks when one can get this Manza at similar price ?  

Launching this before SX4 diesel will seriously take away the prospective buyers of SX4.

Alloys, chrome garnish, seat fabric etc. are good things. but who advises them on colors.Means i have no intention to hurt prospective buyers because myself considered manza as a option once. But still i feel that this new dash colour may be a flop like figo's maroon. indeed its a good option and product with exception to dashboard color.ashikawa2011-02-06 13:54:16

Vista and Manza are too good cars in Indian road by its look,Space .comfort etc.Few questions arising in mind.

1.Previous version is dull to drive.Did they improved?

2.How is the fit and finish of the car.Any improvement there?

3.Any improvement in Pre sales and after sale service?

In 2009 i have gone to Tata show room to buy Vista as wish to buy a Indian car. But the attitude of sales people made me think about after sale service.I rushed to Maruti show room and brought Ritz.

Yes I do agree... The dashboard color is a little off beat. The twin combo does look nice at first look. But it'll take time to get used to if you buy one.

Interiors sure look upmarket. Can we see a detailed report of this new facelift in the next Autocar issue?

This does look like a better package than the Etios. Saw one on road one day. Really looks like a Logan cousin. NO road presence at all. This Manza will sure make a good impact.

My view is this is just desperate cosmetic attempt to revive Manza brand in fiercely competitive sub 6 lac Sedan market. But to me still Manza a bad example of poor ly design car especially rear which is like big fat Boot .smiley4.gif