Roadrash

BEST SEDAN?? CITY VS LINEA T JET VS SX4 VS VENTO

please dont close this thread............I Hve gone thru many threads but the one im putting up is not word to word or idential to any of them . .....so I KINDLY REQUEST not to close this one as i need feed back from everyoe..including possiblly linea t jet,VVT sx4 and vtec city owners

i am a long term marutI 800 user..over 18 years....want to upgrade to a sedan ....have done my research and whittled it to down to the FOUR.......

can u help me decide by ur experience on the follwing parameters between the 4 cars....

1) CITY DRIVING...less than 400-500 km A month,.....once or twice a year on the highways, and a trip to the hills once at the most..i WUD LOVE A CAR that has great acceleration and great straight line speed

2)CAR SAFETY, ROAD PRESENCE, AND PLUSH INTERIORS...........i kind of keep my saily things like books and instruments in the car so need lot of space

3) SPEEDY AFTER SALES SERVICE........pl tell me bout this LINEA OWNERS

P.S-1) i intend t buy ONLY PETROL..........AND 2) maintenance costs have been told to me very beautifully by a member so i know bout manteinance thig and havent added that as a parameter.......3) I will not RESELL IT ...so no point brining RESALE into the picturee...3) AND NO HATCHBACKS .....I will buy one of that later but not now...........

PLEASE TELL ME ..... AS my heart goes for the linea t jet..but mind tells not to as ASS is a big factor

mind says city or sx4...........depeind on the deal i get............and about vento im totally clueless........only thing being its german tag..

looking forward to informative replies

AND i am not interested in etios.........have to buy my car pretty soon.........

wanted to see the new FIESTA..but i have heard ford maintencae is as costly as honday and volkswagen

also ONE PARAMETER i missed out WAS HANDLING and BRAKING.......

i am a REALLY RASH driver ...want to know which of the four has the best braking and handling...........

i am a REALLY RASH driver ...want to know which of the four has the best braking and handling...........

Linea TJet. Its the one and only car exclusively available for performance enthus. It has got special suspension setup, tyres 'n alloys all points towards better handling & braking.

Stay away from Linea.. My brother has linea and he is facing lots of issue. No one can match the finesse of City.

City is notch above than Sx4 in most of all the aspects.

Vento is Damm good sturdy car, but it lacks key equipment /features. You have to write cds for listening to your favourite music..Maintenance, resale value and ASS are still a big questions..

So considering all the aspects of owning and driving the car, CITY is still the king.

All the best.

nikvint2011-02-04 12:07:00

Well in a shot I would have gone in for the Linea TJET as it is awesome in driving dynamics . And there it ends

Fiat has failed to capitalise on after sales service and in the long run it may be a problem also the linea is not a city runabout kind of a car as the turning radius is too big ,the drivetrain pedals are placed too high for comfort liking .

If you have a good FIAT service centre and good dealer in your locality then go for the Linea but otherwise the CITY fits the bill fine.

City has that ground clearance trouble. If you frequent rough roads and suburbs then better opt for anything. Also Honda's accident repairs are costly. So if you are one rash driver, you can get dents and scratches frequently. So give that a thought.

PS: Please do not drive rash.

Vento petrol is not that exiting to drive or to get thrilled. All left for you is the Linea Tjet.

First of all the title of the thread is confusing. This thread is not about judging the best sedan, rather it is about judging/advising the best suitable sedan for Roadrash.

@Roadrash: In your requirement, handling comes below after sale service & interior. So it should be City over Linea T-Jet.

Vento Petrol & SX 4 does not match up to the level of City. T-Jet comes into the picture mainly because of its thrilling performance & dynamics only to be let down by poor/suspected after sale & quality issues.

So it should be City, I suppose.

Post deleted.

Note from Mod: Don't create back to back posts within short spans of time. While quoting use only a relevant portion & not the entire post. Go through the Announcements section before proceeding further.BornFree2011-02-04 16:10:24

@Roadrash: It true that SX 4 might have cheaper spare part than City.

But SX 4 have many niggles. Its quality is not as good as City. City might have costlier spares but it will make less visit to workshop. So in the long run, City will give you more peace of mind.

No one can match the Ride & Handling combination what the Fiat offers & Fiat Linea T-Jet is destined for such users with Ironed out most of her Flaws.

Onl Glitch remains with her is Suspicious After Sales Service what the Tata-Fiat offers.

Even Its not that bad either, but Do Confirm the Local Dealer Status from other Local Fiat Owners.

I own a Linea MJD & driven for 23k kms in 13 months. No problems atall. I have visited the Service Center only once for replacement of Struts, which was due to me, drove the car into a big pot hole during the last rains. The same was replaced under warranty in 2 days time, other than that visited the service center only for regular services. The after sales & service is fantastic herein Coimbatore.

Linea is a pleasure to drive especially the ride & handling combination is excellent.smiley20.gif

The FE of my Linea is

City Driving - 15 kms/lt

Go for Linea T Jet, my suggestion.

Hiways only - 21 kms/lt

City,Hiway combined - 18 kms/lt

I calculate the FE only be tankfill method.

Go for Linea T Jet, my suggestion.

NAREN642011-02-05 06:33:10

Hi naren, I appreciate the F.E. of your Linea. Thanks to excellent engine and your skill. But here we are discussing Petrol car, and yours is Diesel one. So F.E.point is not decisive. The petrol version is not that F.E. compared to competition.

You are right, no one can match Ride and Handling of Linea. It is really great. But that point is not capitalized by company by giving trouble free ownership experience. Congrats for your trouble free ownership.. But many linea ppl are complaining about niggles and ASS. So H-city wins here if we consider all the aspects of ownership. All the best.