Sign in to follow this  
ragav20693

Figo sedan would be better than Fiesta Classic

I wa reading through a few threads and an idea struck in my mind. Why can't Ford simply bring out a Figo sedan? Though the Figo,Fiesta Classic share the same platform ,it would be better to bring out a Figo sedan. The current Fiesta isn't exactly a bestseller at 1000 units a month. So , the Figo only needs new bodywork in the form of a boot. I think it wouldn't cost a lot to put a boot in there. If a Figo sedan comes ,it will need minimum money to develop. Since it will be a new design, it will sell well. However, if they continue with the Fiesta classic, sales would presumably go down since the design has been there for more than 6 years. Also, as mentioned by someone, selling a stripped down version will destroy the Fiesta 's resale value. The Figo has good engines,interiors, decent fit and finish .Sp the only thing it needs is a boot. I assume they can seriously sell more Figo sedans than the Fiesta Classics.

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but can u point out the advantages Figo sedan will have over Fiesta classic. IMO, Ford sells Figo as a Fiesta without the boot. So Figo with a boot will not differ much from present Fiesta.

Your points are:

1. Figo has a good engine: So does Fiesta (same diesel engine and a brilliant petrol engine which Figo does not have).

2. Figo has good interiors: So does Fiesta. Many parts are shared.

3. Decent fit & finish: Same with Fiesta.

Forgive me but I could not comprehend how a Figo sedan will be different from Fiesta. IMO they would be similar. Fiesta S IMO is more beautiful than Figo.

Please structure your thoughts and tabulated the advantages that Figo sedan would have over Fiesta.

A new wine in a old bottle will be better than old wine in an old bottle. If they make a Figo sedan ,they could advertise all over but if they have the Fiesta Classic, it would be odd to advertise a 6 year old design. If they advertise the Fiesta Classic, they should run somewhere to hide their faces.

i think ragav20693 is great fan of ford figo. ford have the challenges to compete with best sedans like Honda city, Sx4, Verna, VW vento and so so which will be accomplished only by latest release with new specifications on new platform . By adding boot to figo ford cannot long stay in competitive market.

Even though Ford Figo is a Good car but It's good enough to be a Sedan as some of its Interior bits are really Cheap like Shiny Dash which really doesn't suit with the Sedan Class. Better than to bank on Figo for a Sedan, best option for Ford is to Face-lift current Fiesta extensively with some India-Specific job over it & Affordable Fiesta Classic will be Ready.

Just like the facelift given to old Fiesta by altering the headlamp & grill, Ford should give one last facelift to present Fiesta by altering the drab looking tail lamp.

Alteration in Side panels would prove costly and might not feasible for Fiesta classic. What about some sporty stickers, offered as accessories to lighten the boring side profile?

However as per reports, Fiesta Classic would be downgraded to take on likes of Dzire, Manza & Etios none of which sell because of its beauty. Fiesta in present avtar is quite good looking as compared to DEM (Dzire, Etios & Manza).