sam.ana

good hatchback under 6L

Congrats CE !

Alloys will increase car's overall appeal and they will look great. Regarding Warranty, it's better to ask the dealer or check with Maruti Suzuki directly.

- What's the delivery period ?

- Have you got any discounts from the dealer ?

- What strike you the most about RITZ that made you to take decision for Ritz as compared with other Diesels. 

Thanks Everyone.

Just brought in the car this evening. Haven't taken any pics yet. Will do so in the coming days.

I haven't upgraded to Michelin tyres as I was short on budget plus wasn't convinced to stretch it after seeing the get up of the factory fitted ones on the alloys. They'll surely be in on the first change.

@ Tejas: I went in for the factory fitted alloys. Plati is the make. probably 1k costlier than the market price but warranty (on suspension) stays intact which otherwise won't have been the case.

The delivery period was short (1 day). This was the last Diesel model of Genus in Mohali. There are a couple in Chandigarh.

As to discounts, I was offered 25k cash discount on this one, it being a 2010 model. The discounts were slashed to 20k yesterday (2nd March) in the latest monthly price list. Drama followed. The sales executive wouldn't cancel the booking but if insisted on the extra 5k as assured on the booking date, it would have had to be shared from the pockets of the sales exec and his immediate bosses, which we weren't inclined to impose. Finally, due to intervention of the MD of Berkeley, we got the assured 25k discount but not at the cost of the sales team.

I had been on the look out for a premium compact for the last 4-5 months, having test driven all of them. What clinched it in favour of the Ritz was:

1) Looks. Depends on taste but I just love its back. It is trendy, contemporary, may be even ahead of its times, but surely it is a great view, only if one can chose a good metallic colour.

2) Among all the hatches, I had my heart split between the Ritz and the i20. However, head had its way in two manners. I am tall turbaned; Ritz offers better ingress and egress and is more roomy. Head also had its way in terms of after sales (I'm supposed to serve the government in the interior parts of Punjab, where Maruti has much better penetration than Hyundai) and price.

3) The rest of the pack didn't stand a chance. Swift is way too common and Figo is too low and its not the Fiesta quality.

4) Back to Ritz: It is more roomier, has better feeling. The light dual tone upholstery is much more appealing than the all black of Swift/Figo/Punto/Polo. Figo's Red dash isn't just the thing.

5) In the end, it is the best VFM & Styling combination in the offing.

@CE:We are travelling in the same boat. In my case i was waiting for Jazz Launch from Jan 2009 then little bit deviated to Ritz when it launched in May . Finally Jazz launched in June with 7.5 L On road price in Gurgaon. Then Ritz came to the picture and finally booked on 23-Jun-2009 and got delivery on 31-Jul-2009.It was a nice feeling to own a car after 6-7 months research & Discussions.

Hope that you have done Teflon coating and Under body anti corrosive treatment. Always factory integrated audio system is better choice since it look great. I have fitted Pioneer P6050UB (2 DIN) which looks better in Ritz among other 2 DIN Audio systems available in market.

I am a bit surprised that no one has mentioned the Nissan Micra. It is a thoroughly enjoyable car with a good equipment list on the top end model.

Test drove it recently and felt the power to be adequate and the interiors are also quite fresh.

The top end petrol has all the safety features as well.

Try it

@Sanjith: I think that quite a large number of modern Indians are getting bogged down due to the confusion created by the availability of so many options in this segment.

I have gone for the genus VDi which comes fitted with a stereo system. I had actually got my sister to bring in the same HU (Pioneer P6050UB) as yours from Singapore in anticipation of the car purchase. It stays on the shelf for now. I haven't gone for Under body coat as it is not as humid in Punjab. Teflon is done.

@abhijit: Owning a Micra within a metro or A1/A city is an easy task but it is not an option for the interior India, at least for the next few years. If Nissan takes the same time in building dealership network as Ford did, it could be quite a long time before Micras, etc. could be considered. Same holds true for Skoda/VW but VW seems to be moving faster.

Initial Ownership experience of the Ritz Genus:

Kms done: 89 (9 ex-showroom).

Space: The car is a lot roomier than it looks from outside. Half an hour inside the car and you really don't realize that its a compact car one is inside. First time I got out of the car after half an hour's ride or so, I was taken aback by how small the car looks from outside.

Handling: The steering handles well. The radius is short. No problems except while reversing because of the small rear window, but it only takes a few trials getting used to.

Engine: is great. full stop. lot has already been written.

Issues: The model had been in the godown for a couple of months, so there was rust on the brake discs. There was bubbling in the brakes at around 60 kmph initially, but it is reducing gradually with the rust wearing out.

The blower of the AC is making quite a lot of noise. Shall take the car tomorrow to the agency to get it rectified along with some work on the breaks and may be alignment.

I plan to take the car out on the highway for a run of around 300k on Sunday. Shall write the report soon afterwards.

I am using System D additive in my Ritz. Maruti didn't advise it, even on being questioned. Ford and other diesel car users recommend it highly. I have also been advised to add Engine Oil booster (in addition to the company added Oil). Any comments on these two issues?

@Car enthusiast(name deleted);

Go for Radar based Rear Reversing Sensors, as Window sill is very high & painful while reversing in it.

The Metallic colour exclusive for Genus Ritz is very good looking, Do post her pics ASAP.

----- no names please: MOD
sgiitk2011-03-05 09:29:35

@CE:I got car after 36 days of waiting period. In my car disc brakes also i found rust. I feel the Disc manufacturer may made the discs and supplied to Maruti much earlier.Every time during tyre rotation i used to clean the disc.

Only first few days you will face the reversing problem.After that you will get idea about each and every corner of the car and you will never face problem then after. Only thing you have to keep in mind that Ritz rear bumper is protruding more than any other car in that segment.

Got the issues with the blower and the braking resolved today. Comically, a sticker reading Ok, Tested inside the blower got stuck off and was making all the noise. So much for 2 hours worth of labour.

So far as the breaking is concerned, it took toll of the better part of the day. First, they were concerned that the alloys might be the cause of vibration, so I had to reassure them that they have been fitted by MGA and I haven't tinkered with them at all. Next, they thought there was a problem with the front discs. It was thought that the break pads were bouncing back after making impact with the disc. So, the rooters on the front discs were replaced but to no avail. Thereafter, they turned their attention to the rear drums. On removing them, it was found that one of the drums was a bit damaged with a small hole on its surface. The Drums were duly replaced and the vibrations/bubbling was cured.

@Sanjith: What we think to be rust isn't rust after all. I inquired about it. I was told that there is some chemical compound mixed with Iron used to make the Discs and the rust effect is due to appearance of the said chemical on the Disc surface.

The breaks are doing fine now and I am ready for the highway sojourn.

@car enthusiast.

I live in kolkata and there is no Nissan dealer As yet here. The car I test drove was from Mahindra First. They informed me that even though Nissan doesnt hv a dealer in the city, servicing the car wouldn't be a headache S Nissan has tied up with a few Bajaj(one of the 2 names I remember) for the servicing. I haven't had the opportunity to verify this, but I don't think they would be lying.

If this be the case, qnd spares not being an issue, I don't think that living with this car would be an issue.

As far as the car goes, as of now I would put my money down on it when I get back home in June. That is how good I feel about this car.