ankur_cars

Beast arrives home.SX4 Diesel

Post deleted: Create your post in proper English & use capital letters where required. SMS/Slang language is strictly prohibited on the Board. Avoid the use of "...." withing sentences.

BornFree2011-03-19 10:58:18

What is the electrical wiring protuding in the boot picture.

Thats bass tube wire from amplifier which i have now adjusted at the back of the bass tube which makes it look cleaner.

sgiitk2011-04-08 14:28:36

While i was checking the SX4 manual i found that ZDi variant is provided with ashtray and cigrette lighter.We asked the dealer to give them .But he said that SX4 does'nt comes with ashtray and lighter.

So,please tell me whether ZDi variant comes with ashtray and lighter and also tell about other accessories with the dealer should give.

even I did not get cigarette lighter and ash tray in my sx4 zdi...dealer said its not available...but when I had an online chat in sx4 website,they said its a standard feature

No sms lingo, watch your spelling. ACI Mods

sgiitk2011-04-01 16:09:58

I checked the Maruti Suzuki's SX4 website today.The cigarette lighter and Ashtray was not mentioned in features column.I guess they have deleted these items - cost cutting perhaps.

By the way,I don't think ashtray or Cigarette lighter are important features to have in a car .Instead of ashtray, a 12V socket or an extra cubby hole makes more sense.

The lighter socket is very handy for accessories like pumps, car fridges, mobile chargers, GPS and the lot.Given the trends of no smoking, you often get a 12V socket (10A typical) without the lighter. Multiple sockets (incl. one in the boot) are becoming common. I had hired a Manza to go to Agra and there was a socket on the rear parcel shelf. Very handy.

The ashtray is handy for putting toffee wrappers and the like until you get a chance to dispose them properly. I do not like to litter.

I don't use cigarette lighter socket for charging anything after a wallet lightening episode.I plugged a mobile charger purchased from Spice mobile Shop into cigarette lighter socket and voila - the socket comes out and I paid Rs 1400 to replace - now its just a show piece.

The removable Ashtray - I use it to keep loose change in it - quite Handy.

@ankur - is the car's interior quality improved compared to old SX4 or is it same.Does the car feel light or heavy to maneuver compared to Petrol model?

@ankur

Congratulations on the buy. Too late ,still smiley32.gif.

I guess you have already changed rear speakers. If not then you can change those easily.

Why wasted boot space by putting a bass tube? A good woofer would have been enough or may be a woofer enclosure.

@ narenkv' date=' ankur_cars
BTW its good to know, that you don't have cigrette lighter [/quote']

It is one good way to ban cigrette.But they should give it as it is mentioned in the manual.

@ankur Congratulations on the buy. Too late ' date='still smiley32.gif. I guess you have already changed rear speakers.[/quote']
No,speakers are stock.Bass tube sounds good.

I don't use cigarette lighter socket for charging anything after a wallet lightening episode.I plugged a mobile charger purchased from Spice mobile Shop into cigarette lighter socket and voila

Plastic quality is not very good.Diesel SX4's are heavier in weight than Sx4 petrol's but riding quality is excellent.

The lighter socket is very handy for accessories like pumps' date=' car fridges, mobile chargers, GPS and the lot.Given the trends of no smoking, you often get a 12V socket (10A typical) without the lighter[/quote']
No one in my home smokes but still they should give it if it is a part and Maruti gives ashtray in all the cars so why not in SX4.You are correct that it can be used for candy wrappers,small papers,etc

Posts merged: Don't create back to back posts.
BornFree2011-04-08 14:30:07

Congrats on your new car. It is a highly accomplished car with good space and a great mileage with the superb Maruti A.S.S. Also, what are your mileage figures and how would you rate the petrol version with the diesel one in terms of driving pleasure ,refinement, maintenance and other costs and the lesser features.

It is a great car at this price tag and wish you happy and joyful motoring.

Its performing good.

Mileage before 1st service-->16.3kmpl.

Mileage after 1st service--->17kmpl.

Dealer is saying it will give a mileage of 18-20 after free services.

I have not driven the petrol variant yet.But diesel is performing better than dzire.One day i, immediately after driving innova i drove my sx4.Guess which performed better????

SX4.

Try yourself..

Its performing good.

Mileage before 1st service-->16.3kmpl.

Mileage after 1st service--->17kmpl.

Dealer is saying it will give a mileage of 18-20 after free services.

The FE figures are really impressive for a brand new car and it is sure that the figures will improve after two three services.

That is definitely good news and I can see that you are very happy with your new car.

Also' date=' could you please rate the refinement with that of any other suitable(popular) car - just for a comparison.

[/quote'] According to me you can compare it only with optra because no other car in this segment except optra fall in.

@ ankur: Does the music system come standard in all versions. How many pre-outs does it have.

I have a Swift Dzire at the moment, want to upgrade to an SX4. But after driving the SX4 I felt the handling in the Swift is a notch above as compared to the SX4, what do you think about its handling? Please share your views regarding braking at high speeds? Is it stable? Also i felt the suspension was very stiff.

According to me you can compare it only with optra because no other car in this segment except optra fall in.

Ankur:

Sorry bro for going against you.But what you have mentioned above seems to be doing injustice with Optra Magnum and taking SX4 a bit too high.

Optra Magnum for me,is a symbol of raw power and wild performance with luxury at an affordable price.While SX4 has only comfort and FE.

It will sound good if you compare it with Verna 1.4(D)(is it available?),Fiat Linea or Ford Fiesta(D).

Well,MY HEARTIEST CONGRATS TO YOU ON THE BUY.

Does the music system come standard in all versions. How many pre-outs does it have.

I have a Swift Dzire at the moment' date=' want to upgrade to an SX4. But after driving the SX4 I felt the handling in the Swift is a notch above as compared to the SX4, what do you think about its handling? Please share your views regarding braking at high speeds? Is it stable? Also i felt the suspension was very stiff.

[/quote']

Yes both VXi/VDi & ZXi/ZDi SX4 comes with factory fitted integrated Music system with 4 speakers.

Swift is a better handler because its having lower centre of gravity which aids it in Handling, whereas SX4 being an Crossover based is having relatively higher centre of gravity, hence is having l'll bit wallowy handling at high speeds.

High speed stability is good upto speeds of 120-130kmph.