arun1987c

Engine oil getting dry in my pulsar 150

Hi Guys,

Im facing a problem with my bike recently. Engine oil is getting dry very soon, apprxomiately within 500-600 kms. Mechanic tells that the engine needs to repaired to get the problem solved.

Is that true? Can some one tell me why this problem occurs?

I am no mobike man, but look at it another way. The oil is going somewhere. If it is not leaking and dripping, then it must be getting burnt. It cannot evaporate.

If the engine emits the White fuming Smoke alongwith.

Then Worn-out Piston Rings are the most probable reason behind the regularly falling Engine Oil levels, as they push the engine Oil into the combustion chamber above the Piston which gets Ignited with Petrol by Spark Plug.

Do get its Engine Piston or Whole Piston kit Replaced with Genuine one to make its engine working like new.

Also check for any of its leaking Engine Gaskets.

This is a common problem in bikes. After few years of running, piston rings will worn out and Oil will enter to combustion chamber and start to burn with Petrol. Consult with any other good mechanic.May be you have to change only piston rings and gaskets.

Sorry guys... I could not get back to forum for a long time. I met a mechanic in near my house, who has been working as a tuner for a racing team from Chennai. He advised me to change the piston rings as told by Dr. Nishu and Sanjith. Will be leaving the bike to him during the good friday weekend in April.

A sure way to check that the compression in the engine has reduced due to the worn out piston and rings is to unscrew the spark plug/s and check for fouling. There is oil and black soot  for the burnt oil on the spark plug ceramic and contact points.Even after cleaning, the spark plug gets fouled after a 50-100 kms drive.

Also sense if the bike's performance has got reduced.It may not be that responsive during accelerations.

White smoke is emitted when the engine is in a bad condition.

Usually the oil pump should also be checked (autolube system) as when the pump conks off the engine is starved of oil and the first to be affected are the crank, connecting rod, piston and rings.

Do not drive the bike at all under such a condition as its engine may suffer a seizure and stall.This will call for costly repairs.

If the engine is in the initial stages of decay, a piston ring and piston change will be OK. Also get the engine decarbonised and the inlet and outlet valves can be given for grinding for a new lease of life.

Take advice of a trusted mechanic who will diagnose the engine and say what's exactly wrong?.