RKNG

Interior done up in my Nano

Some more pictures of my nano's interior.

nano11.th.jpg</a>

Seat covers are made using good quality rexin (art leather?) (they call it "symphony").

Cost me Rs 3' date='500/-.

They are not prefabricated ones but stitched to order.

Cumbersome to maintain because of its light colour.

[/quote']

Hi Carbon, cool nano and cool seat covers!

I would also like to get such covers for my new nano .. Can you please let me know from where did you get these stiched?

I checked with Karlsons and they mentioned that it would cost 9K to 18K ..

Hi amirivija, welcome to the forum.

For 9k to 18k you can get good leather seat covers.

My car had grey coloured art leather seat covers,

bought from tata showroom and it cost me about Rs 3,200/- after VAT.

So the price quoted for you is on higher side;

may be it

You are keeping your Nano like a dad upbring's her daughter.

I am not quite sure about this but ask your adviser that is your headlamp reflector are safe from burning, I not remember properly but 130/100 are enough to burn your headlight reflector completely and your bulb are close to it. Please correct me anyone. smiley5.gif

The fog lamps can never be as good as a headlamp because fog lamp have a very small reflector so they can never use the bulb to its potential.Second thing they are angled more toword's road so that it light up the road properly in fog and in some car they require low beam to see the road properly (personal experience).

Wish you and your little baby happy million miles. smiley4.gif

Hi  I am new to his forum. Even I bought Tata Nano about 9 months ago, Believe me seeing your trouble with car makes me  worried sometimes with load of problem the car has due to some poor quality components. I have driven my car to Pune may times. In once such incident, I had a problem with the car. Me and my family where returning back to Mumbai, and near lonavala our car stop suddenly, I couldnt bring my front power windows downs, while turning on the ignition the engine wont respond and even the speedometer was dead at 20 km/ hr. It seems like my car just died that day. I didnt knew what to do. I tried everything, pushing the car, putting the first gear hopping that the engine start. But all went in vain.. But thanks to a local mechanic it was found out that the Lead Wire that connects the battery with other vital components of car was loose. So the mechanic fixed the problem and we where able to move back to Mumbai. From that day i found one big drawback of the car, the battery compartment was below the driver seat which bring lot of other problem such as lose connect as the drive tries to adjust his seat for comfortable driving position. From that day whenever I go to the Tata Service center, I make sure from the mechanics that battery connections are proper because without that your entire car will be of no practical use.

Here is the link for pics of my nano:

Post edited: Please upload the pics. on ACI Forum.
BornFree2011-04-06 03:38:44

Last week I moved to a new locality which is 50km away from my previous residence.

And I used my nano to ship smaller household items.

So I removed the rear seat to get a big cargo area.

You need to remove only six screws to take out the rear seat.

backseat02.jpg

backseat01.jpg

backseat04.jpg

backseat03.jpg

@carbon: Thats one 'smart' Nano, Tata would be proud of what you have done to their product. So you also have GPS on the Convex 7" monitor? Don't you find it distracting to drive when there's a video playing when driving?

Wanted to share some pictures which compare the height of nano with other hatches.

compare011.jpg

Nano with Figo

compare022.jpg

Nano and Santro

compare033.jpg

Nano and M800

compare055.jpg

Nano with Alto

compare044t.jpg

Nano next to Swift

compare066.jpg

Nano with Wagon R

Visited Mysore during last weakend. Travelled at night through Shiradi ghat, Chennarayapatna and stayed at a friend,s place at K.R.Pet. Then did sight seeing at Mysore next day. Started return journey in the evening via Kushalnagar, Madikeri, Sullia and reached Mangalore at 1am. So three adults travelled 650km in 2 days and nano drank petrol @18km/litre with a/c on on 50% of the tour. Nano crossed 105km/hr frequently on highway with warning lights and buzzers going off each time. Nano could overtake Innovas and Indicas without a sweat while climbing ghat section. It was drizzling and road was wet and the front wheels gives away easily while braking at corners. But fortunately didn't go out of control.

Some of photos taken during mysore trip.

mysoretrip02.jpg

At my friend's place at a village called Seelenere near K.R.Pet.

mysoretrip03.jpg

On our way to Mysore from K.R.Pet.

mysoretrip01.jpg

Some of the pics taken at Mysore zoo.

mysore01.jpg

mysore02.jpg

Nice pics, Carbon, you and your Nano are going places. The best places in Mysore are the zoo and Infy. Mysore Palace fades pale in front of the new age palaces built on the Infy campus. I had the privelege of staying at Infy for 2 days as my niece's (who was an Infy employee, then) guest in 2005.

Hey Carbon, very nice pics mate. Beautiful scenery and perfect resolution.

@DD - Yea, Infy has really transformed Mysore into a bigger city of Palaces. I have my friends in Infy as Interns and they keep sending me pics regularly. The constructions are mammoth and jaw-dropping.

@carbon: Your wits saved the day and prevented the Nano from self immolating. I think you should write in detail to Tata Motors. These incidents are being reported with 'metronome' frequency. I bet even the Tata guys know it and are turning a blind eye and deaf ear and are giving excuses for what is essentially turning out to be "dangerous" car.