5737_1469555599

Skoda Superb II 1.8 TSI DSG-Review:Picture Heavy!

Your Skoda Superb is Superb. Have you gone through your manual yet? There's something about topping up the engine oil as the TSi engine uses quite a bit of it initially. Oh ya try to stock up on your SHell premium engine oils. Never know when you'l need them.

@Vr.46:

Even once I too have felt that my car(Laura TSi)too used a bit of engine oil initially,but now(I have done about 8200kms) everything is going alright and the amount of oil picked up by the car was also very small. TSiVipul2011-03-21 04:20:09

@skoda superb: You are the lucky one to get superb at this price. If govt. goes with the budget announcements and definition of CKD is not changed to the benefit of carmakers, cars like superb may cost 6-8 lacs dearer due to increase in duty from 10 to 60% till the OEM adjust themselves with the changed scenerio.

@skoda superb: You are the lucky one to get superb at this price. If govt. goes with the budget announcements and definition of CKD is not changed to the benefit of carmakers' date=' cars like superb may cost 6-8 lacs dearer due to increase in duty from 10 to 60% till the OEM adjust themselves with the changed scenerio.

[/quote']

I was thinking that there might be a price decrease for European cars due to the India - EU agreement that will be finalized in April or May - 2011.

If this comes into effect - it will affect the Japanese,Korean and Indian companies who will have to face a price disadvantage.

So, maybe you can buy a Merc or other German cars for half the price.There was also a newspaper article about this in the Hindustan Times.

8. Drain water from roof and doors seems to "color" the outer sill panels under the doors.

That discoloured part is actually a Transparent Vinyl Sticker, pasted to protect the bulged Wheel Arch corners from Casual Rub/Scratches, most of the cars come with this from Swift onwards. 

Its just gone Yellowish now due to Heat & dust, etc & now appears differently coloured.

Nothing to Worry..

Just Enjoy the TSi's Turbo Spirit & Have a happy motoring ahead. smiley1.gif
dr_nishu2011-03-21 18:31:22

That discoloured part is actually a Transparent Vinyl Sticker' date=' pasted to protect the bulged Wheel Arch corners from Casual Rub/Scratches, most of the cars come with this from Swift onwards. Just Enjoy the TSi's Turbo Spirit & Have a happy motoring ahead. smiley1.gif[/quote']

Thankyou dr nishu, I gave it a negative since it looks like a sore thumb on new car. Anyway, the car is having no trouble at all. The TSI and DSG are doing really good.

Please bear with me for the 3rd and 4th installments of 'My car story'.It will be up in two days.

Post edited: While quoting, use only a small relevant portion & not the entire post.
BornFree2011-03-22 02:58:33

@SKoda superb

I agree with vr.46 stock a Shell engine oil, around 5000km u'll see the warning of low engine oil (it is normal for superb as it does need a topup for the first time around 5000 kms)

But, Sarabjeet - the first scheduled service is only at 15,000 kilometres or after 1 year - whichever is earlier.

So, if this is a genuine concern , why would they do that.

Yes, they might do it:) . After all, it's a Skoda with it's legendary service and I bought it from - an arguably India's one of the worst dealerships- Marikar Engineers, Cochin.

So, I think we(customers)have to know when to do all the checks and top-ups.

Yes' date=' they might do it:) . After all, it's a Skoda with it's legendary service and I bought it from - an arguably India's one of the worst dealerships- Marikar Engineers, Cochin.[/quote']

Do you have a choice of Skoda dealers, in Cochin, I think not; even Chennai, has just one dealer and you have to be at the mercy of the notorious "Gurudev Motors" they were the erstwhile dealers of even more notorious Sipani. I will stay away from Skoda cars till their service issues are sorted out.

@ Skoda superb: Attitude of dealers towards customers is really a matter of concern. They earned a bad reputation in india, but still they don't want to move an inch towards betterment. That's pathetic.

This is why whenever i sent a communication to VW during my pre delivery period , I always quoted that i don't expect them to follow the lines of skoda and i think they understood it.

Dear friend enquire all dealers which are near to your place, becuase sometimes its worth to go to a another place for servicing etc., if dealer in your city is a proven rotten apple.

But' date=' Sarabjeet - the first scheduled service is only at 15,000 kilometres or after 1 year - whichever is earlier.

So, I think we(customers)have to know when to do all the checks and top-ups. [/quote']

It has nothing to do with dealership. In the run in period of the engine it known of drinking lots of oil. It is even mentioned in the manual and you can google it also.

After the engine has settled in, it will be normal

i really liked all the pics and the information you shared with us. i just wanted to ask 1 thing that has indian superb got automatic park assist in it. If not then how about comparing new bluemotion tech. passat with skoda superb in terms of additional features. plz reply soon m confused about this two cars....

HI Sumit,

No, the Indian version of the Skoda Superb does not have the auto-park assist feature and neither does it have as many features as in the BlueMotion Passat.

Between the two cars, I would have to admit that the new Passat seems to be a better car in terms of overall quality , fit&finish, features and the brilliant 170 bhp TDI engine with the 6 spd DSG autobox. It will give you better mileage and moreover its more competitively priced than the older Passat which makes it a better car in this comparison.

Although, the New Passat seems to be the better car here, I recommend you to take a test-drive of both the cars before making any final decisions.

Hope this info have been useful and I will be happy to clear any other doubts.

Dear Sumit,

Yes, the Superb is a nice car with more space. Also, the lineup is complete with a 1.8 TSI petrol motor available both as a 6spd manual or 7 spd DSG automatic.

The Superb also has a 3.6 V6 engine variant with Haldex 4-wheel drive system and wider sportier tyres at 39 lakjs(on-road) price .

So, the final decision has to be made by the buyer according to his/her preference.

The Superb also has a 3.6 V6 engine variant with Haldex 4-wheel drive system and wider sportier tyres at 39 lakjs(on-road) price .

Sorry , the price was meant to be 29 lakhs on - road for the V6 variant of the Skoda Superb.

The VW Passat will definitely introduce a petrol and V6 models within a period of 1 year (max.) but till then their lineup is incomplete.

Hi all,

I have covered almost 1000 kilometres in my trip on the last 4 days.

The trip went like this - Kottayam > Calicut > Wayanad > Ooty> Coimbatore > Palakkad > Kottayam.

It was a fun trip but I broke the rear tail-light while reversing.

It hit a dumpster and I hope to rectify it soon.

The pictures will be up soon.

@Skoda superb:

Congrats for your first long trip,and a bit of sorrow for your tail light,I am sure you would have been using parking sensors while reversing because I too have got my laura's left tail light broken once because I hadn't looked into my side-view mirrors..

So my belief is:Its better to use your side-view mirrors too while reversing.