kunalchug

Nissan Micra a big failure in braking an

I bought a Nissan Micra diesel this January. From the first day I had some issues with braking system of my car.

Approached the Nissan service centre in Pune which is about 250 km from my house twice but the problems remains the same. Contacted Nissan customer for several times and the result is they are least interested to assist me. So at last I decided to post this online.

So I strictly recommend you all not to buy Nissan Micra. I think personally Nissan has made a bad quality product in combination with the worst customer care support.

Link deleted. No salutations please.

Thread moved: ACI Supportsgiitk2011-03-18 05:07:48

@kunal - Dear Kunal , what is the nature of brake problem?Which variant is your Micra?

What I can suggest is that you contact the head office in Delhi/Mumbai.The numbers must be in the car Manual.

The diesel engine is lot heavier than the petrol in the Micra and the excess weight with non-grippy tyres give a wobbly effect in corner hard braking . Unfortunately ABS is not present in the Micra diesel so he couldn't have a choice.

With really scarce Nissan network even small niggles are big headaches.

@kunal:

Which variant of Nissan Micra you're having ??

& What type of problem you're facing with your Micra Diesel ?

As I've also driven Micra XV Diesel Premium variant, but haven't felt any kind of trouble with its brakes at variying speeds.

Thanks Ashikawa,

I have posted my complain on facebook let see how it works out. smiley19.gif

Hi

I am using Nissan Micra XV Diesel. At any speed while applying breaks it makes some kind of friction sound which is very unusual . It sounds like Heavy truck breaking system.

Thnaks i will try to contact the head office.

yup i bought Xv diesel . no ABS. No wheel lock up.

at different speed while applying brakes it makes some unusual friction noise just like brake applied in fully loaded truck.

CYRUS432011-03-14 05:33:57

Hi

I am using Nissan Micra XV Diesel. At any speed while applying breaks it makes some kind of friction sound which is very unusual . It sounds like Heavy truck breaking system.

Post 2

I am using Nissan Micra XV Diesel. At any speed while applying breaks it

makes some kind of friction sound which is very unusual . It sounds

like Heavy truck breaking system.

Post 3

yup i bought Xv diesel . no ABS. No wheel lock up.

at different speed while applying brakes it makes some unusual friction noise just like brake applied in fully loaded truck.

Post 4

Xv diesel . at different speed car brakes make unusual friction noise as louder as an truck.

Post 5

truly on your part i made mistake should have bought swift or polo

Note: No sequential posts in future. You hare warned, and may be banned.

sgiitk2011-03-18 06:20:32

Thanks Ashikawa' date='

I have posted my complain on facebook let see how it works out. smiley19.gif [/quote'] My experience with using facebook/twitter fan page for resolving grivances is good so far. Here everyone(including fans and seekers) visit to get a idea/ feedback of the product. Any company will not risk unhappy coustomer leaving negetive comments here.This makes a negetive impact on their sale and goodwill. That's why  i suggested you to use facebook fan page.

Now use one more media. Find nissan global website. Find email id of their headquarters in Japan. And sent a email there too. Definately they will ask their indian counterpart/importer to look after your case as a priority. And please always use polite language and be specific in conveying your complaint and displeasure.

Kunal don't jump to conclusions. I think if the roads that you ply are dusty there may be some dust in the brake pads that can result in the noise from the discs from the front when you apply brakes. Get it checked it may just require a little cleaning of the brake pads, at the most. 

Hi Guys!

I bought the Nissan Micra petrol car this january. Iam having some issues with braking system of my car.At any speed while applying breaks it makes some kind of friction sound which is very unusual . It sounds like Heavy truck breaking system.I recently given it for servicing and asked them to rectify it...but the car came back with the same condition..when i enquired with service station, the person responded irresposibly that evrey Nissan car has the same problem and put a compliant to the company..now am worried much after seeing every other car has the same problem...:(:(

nissan should not launch a new model because nissan has not solved the braking problem it make very big noise when brakes are applied i have micra diesel top model from last two years i m lising from workshop people of nissan that nissan is working on the problem of nissan micra braking problem when the problem will be solved we ll call change the brake pad but now the problem is not uptil solved than also how could nissan launch a new model the launch should stop ....though who are reading my post if you going to buy new nissan micra dont buy micra well give big problem of braking and only my is not giving problem but my one relative also has micra there micra is also giving braking noise problem first nissan should solve the braking problem of micra than they should launch neww