manishk

Which one to go4...

hi all, i am lookin fwd to buy a car ....my budget is aroun 5-7 lacs...  myself is settled in mumbai... i was wondering how would u rate ford fiesta, verna or some car else in my range and the after sales service.... is it true tht Maruti is way ahd thn others wen it come to maintenance and spare parts...kindly do share u'r comments...thanks...

For 7 lakhs , you can go for the SX4 , the Fords very high on maintence and servicing and SX4 is much better advanced , in diesel the Verna is the pick of the lot and also if you can stretch your budget the CITY will be a good buy too , if your budget is strict then you can waiit for the Swift Sedan

Cheerssmiley20.gif

thanks alot ... i was just readin an article on swift sedan proposed to launch next month or so... they r goin to price it at 5.5 lacs .. is it the on road price ??? and which version wud b better n economical petrol or diesel....  how come no cng version are ever talked for these cars.......thanks....

thanks alot ... i was just readin an article on swift sedan proposed to launch next month or so... they r goin to price it at 5.5 lacs .. is it the on road price ??? and which version wud b better n economical petrol or diesel....  how come no cng version are ever talked for these cars.......thanks....

it will be around 6 lakhs On road price for base model and 5.5 ex shwrooom for the middle petrol variant , it wiill be launche with same 1.3 L petrol and 1.3 L diesel engine , there is also a chance of maruti introodcuing the the 1.6 L petrol engine for the top end variant

cheerssmiley20.gif

Swift Sedan will be a good choice and not FAbia , rssh says Skodas are useless and he says Wait for that Dumb Skoda to launch thier Fabia ,

The FIat Linea would cost More and priced around the Sx4 and City , soo no chance of waiting for it ,

Better wait for the Swift Sedan

regards,

Priya

thanks aton for ur replies ...had anthr query when goin for the car from a dealer is it true tht u can bargain  alot on the price offered by them...as i have heard tht  dealers have a good margin in their hand..and u can cash on it...as one of my frnd bought a ford fiesta now and he bargained wid the dealer and got the price reduced by 50k... well i was really taken aback by this...

thanks aton for ur replies ...had anthr query when goin for the car from a dealer is it true tht u can bargain  alot on the price offered by them...as i have heard tht  dealers have a good margin in their hand..and u can cash on it...as one of my frnd bought a ford fiesta now and he bargained wid the dealer and got the price reduced by 50k... well i was really taken aback by this...

well, yes yu can bargain the price to an extent. but am not sure abt 50K, thats exceptionally good, appreciate yur friend's negiotation skills

Discounts are both brand/model specific as well as dealer to dealer. Some brands have almost Zero discounts (Honda for one) while others have massive discounts (in whatever garb).

The dealer specific discounts are  much smaller - prices seldom vary by more than 5k or so between dealers of the same brand/model.  These may arise from aggressive marketing (rare). More often they come from the need to shift a particular variant. He may have too many of a particular colour in stock!

Discounts are both brand/model specific as well as dealer to dealer. Some brands have almost Zero discounts (Honda for one) while others have massive discounts (in whatever garb).

The dealer specific discounts are  much smaller - prices seldom vary by more than 5k or so between dealers of the same brand/model.  These may arise from aggressive marketing (rare). More often they come from the need to shift a particular variant. He may have too many of a particular colour in stock!

i agree ..

dealers will always have something to offer ..and you can easily bargain on that

The Offer for Fiesta this month is Free insurance plus whatever dealer gives

And for Swift Diesel , or SX4 or i10 they dont have offers from the company but you can ask something from the Dealer

regards,

Priya

the chevys are good asince they have come up with some great servivce warrenty`s and december is a good month to bargain and maybe you can get the desired 50k on some models(like aveo,esteem/accent-though they are in a phase off stage but great cost advantage and discounts,indigo-great value for money with lots of space-but may have some quality problems)

The Aveo from CHevy is not at all a great buy , The Honda City is of course a very good buy , the SX4 too is also a good buy , i would always advice you to wait for Swift Sedan 

regards,

Priya
pryas2007-12-19 01:55:16

wht do u think abt the honda city when it comes to after sales service and the spare parts . is the maintenance a bit expensive as compared to maruti...

and which variant is a good deal of honda city the EXi or ZXi, how is it performance compared to SX4..  i hope both fall with the same price tag...thanks...

wht do u think abt the honda city when it comes to after sales service and the spare parts . is the maintenance a bit expensive as compared to maruti...
and which variant is a good deal of honda city the EXi or ZXi' date=' how is it performance compared to SX4..  i hope both fall with the same price tag...thanks...
[/quote']

It will depend on you , if you want to keep your car for a long period of time say for about and around 5 -6 years with better fuel efficiency and good handling with overall value  then Honda city Exi is for you ,

if you arent bothered much with fuel efficiency and Want better features and Better gorund clearnce with Maruti Badge then Sx4 Zxi is for you

cheerssmiley20.gif

@manishk its EXi ' date='GXi & V-Tec for city and not ZXi .[/quote']

Hey Rssh he mentioned SX4s ZXi variant and citys EXI variant! read properly

regards,

Priya

and which variant is a good deal of honda city the EXi or ZXi, how is it performance compared to SX4..  i hope both fall with the same price tag...thanks...

He said which varient of honda city is good deal EXi or ZXi.smiley36.gif

and which variant is a good deal of honda city the EXi or ZXi' date=' how is it performance compared to SX4..  i hope both fall with the same price tag...thanks...
[/quote'] He said which varient of honda city is good deal EXi or ZXi.smiley36.gif

Use your common sense if he meant GXi for Zxi then how can it fall under the same price , anyways i feel the SX4 will be best suitable for him and his budget

regards,

priya

yes maruti is the cheapest car to maintain.. and if you have seen the new ad campaign which is quite true that it has it's service station in each corner... but i would suggest if you could exceed you budget a bit than the entry level corolla will be the best option

oh... i think i missed out on the date... well entry level corolla is not bad too.. but if a diesel car than verna is best in it's category... i own a accent crdi.. which is the earlier version... but has amazing miliege and drving experience