Sign in to follow this  
rugs_tachy

Urgent Help: Zen AC Kaput

I have a 2001 Zen it has just clocked 56,700 kms and one day the Air conditioning just stopped working. I checked all the gas etc and everything was fine and the service centre that I gave told me that they had to check the entire wiring. I have given it to service yesterday and they have called me just now and are telling me that the ECM (Engine Control Module's) one of the circuits would have failed because of which the A/C is not working. He also said that he swapped mine with another car and it started to work fine when swapped with another car. He is suggesting to repair it for Rs 4000 (approx) but somehow I am really confused. Could someone help me in my query. Could it really be the ECM is the question.

Just to clarify. When they took my ECM and put it on the other zen, the other car A/C was not working. Similarly, When they took the ECM from the other car and put it on mine, the A/C was working.

Thanks sgiitk sir. It seemed to be the problem with A/C circuit in ECM and got it repaired by a guy called Ramesh from Bangalore, it seems he is the only person who works on ECM and most people give it to him. It has costed me about Rs 4,200 to repair it.sgiitk2011-03-23 06:22:11

Glad you found a man to fix it. He should be publicised. Am converting your post to bold for this.Maybe you can post some more contact details for him

sgiitk2011-03-23 06:22:45