shanthanreddyp

TATA's european assault begins -VISTA in Italy!

The pic is nice as well as the special edition Indica Vista looks great.

Hope to see these variant soon in India also.

It's pity for Indian consumers or attitude of Tata Motors as Indian consumers are not provided with something special like this as shown in picture who with full heart accepted Indica when launched 10-12 years back and helped Tata Motors to establish themselves as a major player in passenger vehicles sector.

There are people in India who can afford to shell out little more if offered something special.

Build Quality of Tata cars in India is Simply pathetic.

They needs to address it first, otherwise this is just an Injustice happening with the Design Studios of Europe. 

What is a beauty without brains !! i.e: cars without Quality & Reliability.

Even the Poland launch is due some time soon.

A team of journalists visited TML factory producing the Vista and have test driven them here. It seems they have given a thumbs up for the vehicle.

The LHD version also is seen test driven recently and all European launch (including UK) should not be far away.

They needs to address it first' date=' otherwise this is just an Injustice happening with the Design Studios of Europe. 

[/quote']

+ 1

The quality is sub par in Tata Vehicles even after 12 years in car Business and thats not a good thing for Tata in this ultra Competitive European Market where it might have to compete with likes of Kia and other well known brands.

This is far better than HM selling Amby's in the UK. I used to wonder how will they stop the car on the Motorway - only possible solutions which came to mind were braking parachutes or throw out anchors.

Let us accept Tata quality has improved a lot over the years. It is probably not too far from the Europeans and will take a lot of catching up to match the Japs/. With a push into the export markets I am sure there will be a distinct and fast improvement in quality overall. I had occasion to go to Agra for a couple of days in a Manza. I must say as a back seat passenger I was most impressed.

Wish Fiat takes on the sales and service of Tata cars and makes a thorough mess of it. Pay back time for Fiat.

I must say I quite like this! They are quite capable of it.

Tatas are known to apply KAIZEN to their cars. The buyers of forst lot are often considered to be guinne pigs. This has been proved wrong from Aria. Thats one car best out of box. Manza has entered phase II through Elan, so should be reliable too.

As far as Indica is considered, I expect the earstwhile anniversary edition, the golden logo+ beige&black interiors+ VGT (for more power & FE) + lots of chrome inserts

TATA's biggest European assault is all set to come by this year end. TML has been actively testing the LHD versions of Vista, Nano and Aria. With the new Safari Merlin also on the horizon I think TML is very serious to take on Europe. smiley32.gif

Now it is to be seen how far will TML succeed the second coming of European innings.

Spied LHD version of ARIA in Pune

Tata_Aria_LHD.jpg

I was just looking at the first images of this topic. Let aside the interior features that would be offered outside India, the paint job of the cars is damn good. Tata cars over here don't have eye-popping paint jobs. The red one with dark tints looks stunning!

The paint job of the cars is damn good. Tata cars over here don't have eye-popping paint jobs. The red one with dark tints looks stunning!

TATA has benefited from the JV with Mercedes Benz early in 90s. After the breakup of JV with MB, TML had a contract to paint all the Benz vehicles it manufactured at the paint shop, which is still on. MB is due to set up it's own paint shop soon.

I think this job with the later had helped TATA with the quality paint for all it's vehicles with this technical know-how.

Tata is progressing and is offering better products but as mentioned in previous post a different attitude towards the Indian consumers and European consumers is effecting a lot to Tata sales in India.

For eg. in all European / export versions starting from Nano, Indica, Vista Safari all has better plastic and interior as well as better paint work , alloys etc... than offered in India. Also even in upgraded versions we are not able to see quality as offered in export versions.

When Tata can do it for Export version than why not for Indian version ?

Why Tata is not offering similar quality as of export versions to Indian consumers ?

Hyundai and Maruti Suzuki may not be differentiating quality of their Indian version and export version of basic parts such as interior plastic etc... and paint job which is observed in Tata vehicles.