Sign in to follow this  
Speedfan

Heated ORVM in i10

I have recently purchaged i10 kappa2 Sportz. In the brochure I found that this model has Electrically Heated ORVMs. As this is my first car and I am still very new to automibiles I am yet to learn all the features of the car. Anyway, I shall be pleased if my friends in Carwale help me know how to activate the Eletrically Heated ORVM feature.

Thanks in advance.

What is electrically HEATED orvm ? Must be electrically adjustable one!! Electrically operated mirrors need to be adjusted using a switch with arrows in all four direction instead of using hands. Please check again. I guess must be a printing mistake .

Yes ,Hyundai i10 asta variant comes with heated ORVM - a first in this segment found in cars sold in counties where it snows.there are heating coils in ORVM just like rear  defogger in cars

o7UJB.jpg

I am quoting this from wheelosphere about launch of new Hyundai i10 below

" What

These gets automatically activated alongwith Switching on the Tail-gate glass defogger by the switch located alongwith AC & Air Re-circulation switch in its Centre console.

Isn't there are a seperate switch for heating ORVMs nishu?

Why I m asking is that Rear defogger puts lot of strain in car's electrical system so if ORVM heater switched on with Rear defogger lot of strain is put on the car's battery.

The image below shows heater funtion within ORVM adjuster in door panel.

NpauA.jpg

@GOLF;

The Switch shown in the pic is of Skoda Fabia.

Whereas i10 doesn't feature any dedicated switch for this feature as shown in the pic below;

S0mISl.jpg

So its functioning is most probably associated with Rear Defogger working only from the Switch shown(encircled in Red) in the pic below;

Zorhxl.jpg

Even on asking the Local Hyundai dealer is blank about functioning of this feature.

Or else, I'd advice Speedfan(i10 owner here) to check out this feature & its details in its Owner's Manual.

(Image source: mentioned on the pics)

dr_nishu2011-04-06 14:58:49

@GOLF;

The Switch shown in the pic is of Skoda Fabia.

@nishu -  The picture was for reference.

@speedfan - take your car to Hyundai showroom  or Service stationa nd ask them to show the switch for heated ORVM or explain how to operate it.

I am not an owner but from having other cars with heated ORVMs, I feel there is a button near the right side of the instrument panel, or in the AC cluster. It could be an automatic feature also, why dont you take a look at the user manual?

Your orvm switch should be looking similar to this.

73419364.jpg

But if L+R switch is attached in your door panel, use it to select left and right but direction switch should be similar to this picture. I think so, anyhow give it a try.