stoner

Which imported bike is best in India??

With the markets opening in India, it seems like we may soon get big bikes on Indian roads. But then so many different sorts of bikes in so many different ccs are available. Sports bikes, super sports bikes, naked bikes, super motards, cafe racers, street fighters, cruisers etc in 250ccs, 400ccs, 600ccs, 1000ccs, even 1300cc and higher and so many models as well.

So then-

Which bikes are best suited for Indian roads?

What prices are you ready to pay for a big bike?

i feel that if BMW were to introduce the latest variant of the F650, it would make for a good buy in india. i think when they launched it years ago, that was a premature decision, but given the buying power of todays young crowd, it would make sense but BMW should work to keep the price to around 3.5 lakhs.

all bike makers should also lobby with the govt for tax relaxations, because we all would be better off that way.

600 super sports also have a chance of being sold here, but i feel litre-class bikes are a bit much. forget about them in an urban environment altogether, although there are some decent strtches of highway in india on which to enjoy a big bike.

Yep.. the 600s and also bikes like the F650 are to my mind.. the best that you can get to ride in India..

The litre bikes.. though a heck of a lot more fun.. cant really be caught by the scruff of the neck and used the way they are supposed to be.. sad but true..

Ideal bike to me is the Suzuki GSXR750. If it has to be an only bike. Ofcourse, if I could own more than one, Id pick a trailee, supersport, naked and a liter. one for each mood.

i wont be using my big bike all the time. itll be for sundays and night rides, or when the GQ is done. so i want the new busa and the new R1. and a bonneville(so i can ride everyday). and a rocket III(when im feeling lazy).

Well its better to go for a crusor than sport bike because you cannot really enjoy the exhliration speed on pot hole highways .A crusor like Harley or victory or rocket will be idle.

A lot of it depends on what you want from a bike. I just bought a Honda Super four Hyper Vtec III and I think its a dream. Just a bit heavier than a pulsar, has loads of power, silky smooth and an average of 25 KPL. Parts are easily available - and its anything but a boring bike. Its easy to ride in the city and still gets enough stares. Want to stand out, but a canary yellow one

Frankly how often will you drive over 100 kph and not be scared that you'll be hit by a pedestrian, cow, bird.... god knows what else...even on our super highways ..most of which don't allow bikes!

This bike is practical, affordable, and a lot of fun to ride even on the highway.

but that's just my opinion....

Sagar...

Maybe you have an eyesight problem but thankfully not the rest of us..

Please.. type in normal font's..

And on a more realistic note.. how many people can afford a 'busa.. let alone a limited edition one?