stoner

Which imported bike is best in India??

Hi Zavo...

I don't think LARGE FONTS are used for those who have eyesight problem..

Its the way you see the things.

Anyways, all persons are not that smart to understand the things !!

Note From Admin: Please go through the rules and regulations of the forum.
FuelRunGod2008-02-24 13:55:52

I would take my pick from the following depending on the money I could afford to put on a bike-

Honda CB 400 super four

Suzy GSR 600

Yamaha FZ1

India does not have the roads or traffic to support hyper bikes like the R1 or the Busa, and you need a bike to stay comfortable and not break ur back types in Indian city roads, which all the supersports bikes fail at. Thats why I choose the less sporty riding position models which are easier to ride with easier power spread also.

If you're looking for a good bike that you can enjoy in the city... without worrying about traffic, weight etc.  then the R6 is the best bet.  Although the price difference between a new R1 & a new R6 might just be around a lakh or two, but one can enjoy the power & handling to the max. in an R6.  Also, Yamaha themselves test the latest in technology in an R6 first before putting things into an R1.  So, the R6 would have the latest tech as well!

I seem to be posting a reply on this thread aeons after it was started. Mr. Stoner seems to have asked the question specifically to see what is the financial capability that people have and how their mind is in terms of spending rupees over cubic capacities. All the responses to me indicate a wish list that does not confirm either of the two things that the thread starter was looking for. I would have liked to buy the Kawasaki Ninja 250 R, because I am a very long time Kawasaki fan and also because that one model seems affordable to me. Otherwise, I could just have said the ZZR-1400. But that is not expected of me right?

Given the sort of roads in india, anything more than 600cc is stupidity because you are never going to explore the full pottential of the bike more than 600cc. smiley16.gif

Probably best bike for India is the Suzuki Bandit

It is practical,adequately fast and has a comfortable riding position

and is comparitively cheap too.The Ducati Multistrada is quite good too but it it too expensive

I had the 796 Hypermotard for over 2 months now and its a great bike for every day riding with its uprite stance and sufficient power. The smallish tank and her need for high octane fuel do limit the range.