dr_nishu

Hatchback blues, now SEDAN CLUES (pg10)

@ dr nishu you are spoilt for choice in the current hatchback market and only the new swift is going to be launched this year in the hatchback segment.

You need to shortlist some cars along with the upcoming swift . After the lauch of the swift don't wait anylonger for another hatchback as in the current competitive market the facelifts will happen often . The the best car you like at the time you purchase as in future a new hatchback will certainly surpass it .

Who know if Hyundai may lauch the ix20 (mini Suv -cum- hatchback) or the Figo gets a facelift this diwali.

dr nishu , dr roadrash here, well my stint on autocar started with recommendations from your side, and look today a newbie replying to the veteran!!!

doc, i read about the new swift

guess what NCAP 5 STAR RATINGsmiley20.gif

my levator palpebrae elevated, i proceeded

the central console looked hotsmiley32.gif

the levators got more taut

wheelbase extended by 155 mm !!!!

and guess what, airbags ebd standrd now,new chassis , new exterior build,

i am telling u doc, THE NEW SWIFT will be a force.....heck ...im frozen in ice since a year for my sedan so i know that feeling u get after buying a new car after a long time

as u only say , for more than 500 km -1000km diesel makes sense, and i think the swift will serve all ur needs

dont worry, even i used to worry about the notebook thin metal tinpots maruti is famous for, the new swift wont be like a panzer tank like grande pun to or fabia or a polo, BUT IT WILL BE A SAMURAI nevertheless......

arguably ,the swift has the best handling , fuel efficiency, power even for the old car, much like the pol which has a better ride quality,

but both little babes have aweful space inside

i think the new swift will cover all these aspects.....go for it doc..im sure the td will clinch it

A good close friend of mine suggested me to check out Mahindra VERITO 1.5 dCi variant as its very much Reliable, efficient, comfortable, is well within my budget & now it looks more desirable too.

A good close friend of mine suggested me to check out Mahindra VERITO 1.5 dCi variant as its very much Reliable' date=' efficient, comfortable, is well within my budget & now it looks more desirable too.[/quote']

Hope you forgot these

Is Manza Elan there on your radar?

Though I'm not much in the favour of Tata cars' date=' but Manza seems to be a promising product but;

-Its size won't fit in our Parking place.[/quote']

Why Verito?

Its a very good product, but never had the Youth Appeal, its just a Taxi.

Haha..

thought extensively on the same bala.

Even afterthat gone to check out Manza today. Seen there was Manza Aura ABS version.

& Again like various Tata cars its outer fit & finish was good but Interior plastics & overall quality was pathetic, with evidences being;

-Got its Power mirror adjusting round bead-like button in hand while operating it.

-Its Power windows housing was also very poorly fitted & it was on the verge to get popped out.

-Its Inner Door handles sounds -Chu chu' like cheapest uplastic toys.

-Yawning panel gaps & many more.

So instead of spending 7lacs on Manza I would like to spend the same on Punto 90HP & pardon its resale, will enjoy each & every moment with it.

Also heard that its facelift is coming out very soon.

Fiesta Classic is left out due to its expensive price tag & cheap, hard & shiny Black-Darkest Grey Interiors.

I think Tata Manza's fuel effeciency, design, features are above par  & gives a great on road performance The Manza quadra (I have one) gives you the feeling that you're in a car

which isn't to be trifled with.

@Dr_Nishu:

The Manza isn't that sort of car as you have mentioned,in fact somewhere I favour Chandresh for what he has mentioned.

Actually the TATA agents may have given you any abandoned Manza for a test drive,next time try to find a well maintained car for the same or ask any owner to show his car to you.

For me,it will be either Polo 1.6 or Fabia 1.6 in the 7 lac price basket,nothing else.

@Dr_Nishu:
The Manza isn't that sort of car as you have mentioned' date='in fact somewhere I favour Chandresh for what he has mentioned.
Actually the TATA agents may have given you any abandoned Manza for a test drive,next time try to find a well maintained car for the same or ask any owner to show his car to you.
[/quote']

Still having soft heart for Tata, dude !! smiley5.gif

But Tata hasn't changed yet, if you observe their cars closely.

The Manza to which i've referred above was the Brand New

'Tata Indigo MANZA ELAN Quadrajet90 BS-IV' placed for the display in showroom.

TD car wasn't available at that time there.

Even the showroom staff/guys admit these minor(in their sense) flaws of their cars & they even take these issues in a very casual manner. 

For me' date='it will be either Polo 1.6 or Fabia 1.6 in the 7 lac price basket,nothing else.[/quote']

I'm considering Diesel cars only & these're the Super Petrol ones.

I've even enquired VW dealer for 4-cylinder, 1.5l TDi Polo also but he said they're having no Info about it yet & also stated at same time that such a major change in a car takes atleast 6-10 months to implement successfully.

So, automatically my choice meter clocks again to;

-All New Swift.

-Fiat Punto MjD Emo Pk.

-Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium. 
dr_nishu2011-05-31 19:23:22

@Nishu:

I don't know why,but the info you mentioned about the ELAN somewhere seems to be unbelievable...but still if you have checked it out then it may be true.

+1 to you in the favour of new Swift and Punto MjD,any idea about Fiat launching Punto with 1.4 Tjet engine?

@Nishu:
I don't know why' date='but the info you mentioned about the ELAN somewhere seems to be unbelievable...but still if you have checked it out then it may be true. [/quote']

Come to my place & I'll show it to you.

Or else You can check the same on any Manza at a showroom near your.

I suggest you to go with i 20 diesel if you actually want performance & style from a diesel car ,its little expensive in terms of its competitor but fully loaded & gr8 car to drive . smiley1.gifI suggest you to go with i 20 diesel if you actually want performance & style from a diesel car ,its little expensive in terms of its competitor but fully loaded & gr8 car to drive

For the 7 lac price basket, i am very sure that manza is the best choice to go for. its world class interiors and huge boot-space have stunned me. and the fuel efficiency which is of utmost importance is also superb.

@Chandresh

You are right but issue with Tata cars specially is there maintenance as after 2 years Tata cars want extensive maintenance as compared to other diesel cars.

salutation changed, spelling corrected. Mods

sgiitk2011-06-05 11:54:14

I have heard that Hyundai is going to launch the Fluidic facelifted i20 by October or November 2011 smiley20.gif. I have also heard that the "steering rattle" is solved in the cars that are produced after October 2010. IMO you should wait for the Fluidic i20. smiley1.gif 

@TSivipul;

Also enquired for the same at nearby Tata-Fiat showroom & they said that it won't be coming before year2012.

even one of the website DWS have confirmed this news also.

I'm really in a mess now & except waiting for a better option nothing seems to be sensible idea.

Will be checking out Nissan Micra Diesel very soon.

@Himangshu;

Steering rattle is still present even in i20s which are 2011 make. even exported i20s are not rid of this trouble.

@dr_nishu If the steering rattle is still there than I would advice not to buy the current i20. But you can wait for the Fluidic i20 which may launch in October or November. But i have no concrete proof that it will launch at that time. It was said by a hyundai dealer at our place that after Verna the i20 will also get a fluidic facelift.

Dr Sahab i also had chat with my hyundai dealer that there is chances that hyundai is going to launch new i10 diesel by this diwali with newly formed 1.3 litre crdi engine .So i suggest you to wait for that moment because that is surely give a good mileage & value for money

@Archit Ahem! Never been much of a mod guy. Neither do I have the moneysmiley36.gif.

how about saving up and then modding? smiley2.gif i mean your ride would really look hot with these mods.

Sorry for OT.