dr_nishu

Hatchback blues, now SEDAN CLUES (pg10)

Seating requirement is the moot point here. If you need to seat more than 4 most of the time' date=' think about Rlll. Otherwise choices galore![/quote']

If you can have a 7 seater with dimensions: 4265mm (length)X1685mm(width) and a yawning wheel base of 2740 mm, I may take it, but remains to be seen if ACI has got it's specs right. May be Maruti has designed keeping me in mind, I weigh 60 kgs which is what most teenagers weigh these days. May be Maruti had a tin of sardines in mind when it thought of R III.

@BF

Even if you dont require to seat 7, RIII emerges as a very practical alternative, sized in between sedans and hatchbacks. It would be easy to maneuvere around the city, will have good GC, and with the last row folded would have a huge boot, basically forming a very large hatchback.

@DD

Looking at the interiors posted somewhere else in the forum, the look like a beige version of Swifts interior. I am expecting it at around 30k more than current Dzire, bcos anything less, it threatens Dzire, anything more, it threatens SX4

DD, yes for a consumer looking for 5+ seating Rlll makes sense. Last row will be strictly for kids. Approach to the last seats will be a stretch too because the height of the car most probably will be lower than MUV's.

@Raul, there were Estates & then were station wagons. If Consumers needed extra boot space, sedans would have been out of business by your logic. Rlll does manage to blur the segments but why would a typical hatch buyer stretch his budget if he doesn't intend to use more than 5 seats. Similarly someone in the Sedan segment won't possibly like to downgrade. Yes, ones in the market for UV/MUV's have a good alternative.

Rlll opens a whole new segment & will be a success but that doesn't mean that Hatches & Sedans will be out of business!
BornFree2011-06-26 18:11:08

RIII is a good option for people who want to seat 7 people but don't want a MUV or SUV. This falls somewhere in Opel Sail category or Baleno Altura. My only concern would be bottom scraping when seating 7 !

Secondly how will you carry luggage when your seat 7 people ?

@Rahul : Jazz prices are likely to go down by 40-50K as per reports
sarabjeet2011-06-26 18:30:16

@BF

The challenge in my opinion would be felt by the entry level sedans. Instead of going for botched up odd shapes like Dzire, Manza etc, they will now have another option, which will be as spacious and also have the benefit of the boot they were looking for.

I am not saying out of business, but yes some customers will take the jump from Sedans and hatches.

In my opinion it will be a very good sedan alternative depending on the pricing. Also it enables Maruti to cover the entire premium hatch price range with good alternatives. Swift will hopefull remain cheaper than Polo and i20, and RIII will be a little costlier than that, basically keeping the customer at MS. All this of course hoping that the vehicle is of decent quality.

@sarabjeet

I expect more than that. In Delhi we are getting 55000 cash benefit and Re 1. insurance, so approximately savings of Rs 70000. Lets see hopefully Honda will give us some positive news

Raul, Rlll will be operating in a new segment, rather opening a new one altogether. Enthusiastic buyers will surely check it out but the more conservative ones will either stick to a Hatch or a Sedan. Remember a Sedan consumer in India, looks nowhere else!

For sure Rlll won't find favour among the young crowd that wants something zippy & something with which they can identify. Guess Doc. falls in this category!

I own the 1.3mjt and trust me its really a spectacular car to drive ..

I've personally driven all hatches and i feel punto has the best cornering capabilities.. I've testing this in the ghat sections and was very impressed.

2.) Interiors are avg as you put it but its a value proposition that you will not find even in the Swift.

3.)A.S.S is still an issue.. I'm having to wait for nearly 3-4weeks for a simple brake pad change.

(However I'd say its still good.. becuase frankly how often do such things come for replacements.. for me its ok to wait for that long once in 20k kms... )

Spares are on par with other models ,some regulars are even cheaper than Maruthi.

Dear members,

I am planning to buy petrol car within a week. I am confused between Ford Figo and Maruti Ritz-- petrol. Both are falling under my budget.

My requirements:

1) Petrol Hatch back-  My First car

2) Transferable job: So may not find the Ford service center everywhere or at my next posting

So, kindly suggest me and give your valuable suggestions about the two vehicles.

Thanks and regards,

Ashish Agarwal

Dear Doc,

Have you finalised your car ?  It's almost 2 months now. 

I am off the forum for the last 6 weeks, as we went on a 2-week holiday to Delhi/Agra/Mathura /Vrindavan/Mussourie/Hrishikesh and Haridwar.

And, added to this, is the exams/results/admissions time for my younger son, who got a seat in BITS Pilani.  AIEEE, IIT-JEE, BITSAT, EAMCET, VIT etc., etc., all those entrance exams after the Board of Intermediate Exams for his Plus Two.  Only today, I have paid his college/hostel fee to BITS Pilani.

Coming back to the topic, if you delay it further, the confusion is bound to compound.  Decide fast.  That's my friendly advice.

Regards

@Rameshbabu:

My heartiest congrats to your son,just send the sweets for me now.Pilani is just 8 hours away from me,in case any help needed you can consult me any time(formality of asking is done)..smiley36.gif

@Nishu:

I am also with Rameshbabu,you now really need to decide your car because more launches will be done with the time and you will be waiting for the same for years with your faithful Alto serving you all the time.

@ Ramesh,

Hearty Congrats to your son and nice to have you back at our forum. Do let the pictures do the talking on your trip.

@Nishu

Have you booked a Swift, if not why waiting?

Do hold your horses a bit on buying XYZ car. No point in regretting when ever you see a New Swift on the road if you buy any other car now.

If power is your main concern, Will you consider the 90HP Vista? Seems to hit the showroom nearby with better fit 'n finish & better FE.

Congrats first for your son's Admission.

Coming back to the topic' date=' if you delay it further, the confusion is bound to compound.  Decide fast.  That's my friendly advice.

[/quote']

Just waiting for the Best option & best moment to arrive, as more than need, Charm is hovering into my mind this time.

Till then as rightly pointed out;

your faithful Alto serving you all the time.

& will continue even after buying the Newer one.

If power is your main concern' date=' Will you consider the 90HP Vista? Seems to hit the showroom nearby with better fit 'n finish & better FE.

[/quote']

Neither me nor my Dad are interested in considering any Tata car. smiley1.gif

Well,one thing is same between me and Nishu,even I and my father too don't like that 'T' badge which is not a Toyota,that means Tata is never welcome in my house too.

If Nishu has decided to wait for Swift,then the ownership experience will be even more sweeter.

Dr.Nishu@ sorry for the delay in responding back on I20 steering ratle.

I checked with around 50 owners so far and 39 out of them complained about this problem and they are not happy with this.

Regarding @beat Diesel, please read the review on Autocar it looks to be not suitable for highway drive and i personally dont like this car as its space inside i felt cramped and also very poor ground clearance.

regarding @new swift is expected in Aug'2011. It will have 4x4 drive it looks to me and more costly than the present swift and not much of a face lift on exterior, so new wine in old bottle !!

Regarding my new Ritz diesel ownership experience please read my review which i will post separately and it is very well suitable for highway drive very comfortably.

please read the review on Autocar it looks to be not suitable for highway drive and i personally dont like this car as its space inside i felt cramped and also very poor ground clearance.

The Beat Diesel's highway manners will not be that bad, since the torque is low, it wont take off like a Ritz/Swift at over 80kmph, so little bit of planning required while overtaking. This is pretty common in most of small petrol cars, so Nishu, having driven an Alto for years would feel bad at all.

@Space, its actually spacious, but the rear high door 'n dark interiors makes the rear appear cramped

@GC, the Beat D is actually 10mm higher than petrol Beat.

The deciding factor will be Pricing. If Swift ZDI is priced over 7L and Beat D LT(O) is priced near 5.5L, I would choose the latter, but if the gap is narrow, it will be Swift.

I look Beat Diesel is a very different toy from Figo,Punto,Swift and Ritz.

It is smaller in space, looks, capacity and everything, hence i expect its price should be very competitive from the above other cars, but i feel price is narrowly less.

importantly it has to prove its diesel performance and it easily takes a year or so.

yes Chevrolet is good company people do buy these cars but most of them wouldn't be serious budget buyers !!

I look Beat Diesel is a very different toy from Figo' date='Punto,Swift and Ritz.

It is smaller in space, looks, capacity and everything, hence i expect its price should be very competitive from the above other cars, but i feel price is narrowly less.

importantly it has to prove its diesel performance and it easily takes a year or so.

yes Chevrolet is good company people do buy these cars but most of them wouldn't be serious budget buyers !![/quote']

I second him. For what it offers, unless chev beat diesel is atleast some 50k lesser than its figo, swift counterparts, it does not make much sense with such a low powered engine (1 litre, 3 cylinder)

@Nishu,

Whether you consider a Swift or not, First BOOK ONE. I was contacted through phone to upgrade my VDI ABS to ZDI, so there is going to be lots of customers for ZDI even before bookings started, so even if you book today, you may need to wait for months.

Mind you, we are waiting for over 6 months, there will be lots like me booked and awaiting New Swift. Today got a letter from dealer requesting to upgrade. I dont understand the need for the letter.

creativebala2011-07-16 19:19:20