hari

Cost concern!

Yamaha's plans to launch sports bikes in our country must be well appreciated. The years' long dream of many youngsters who are aspiring to own a sport bike has come true. Earlier, if one had to purchase a powerful sport bike, a dozen of rules and regulations had to be followed which made the process tiresome. That will not be the case now, since the scenario is gradually changing, thanks to Yamaha. But the concern that newly arises in everyone's mind is the cost factor. Can anyone afford that many bucks for the bikes which are priced closely to many luxury sedans in our country? Should the bikes be priced at the same cost as they are priced outside India? Or does Yamaha have any plan of reducing the cost to suit the pocket of Indian masses?

I drive a car, your argument is like me asking Merc to reduce the price to suit my pocket; which is not likely to happen. To be prudent it would be better for us to work harder and achieve our goals: viz buying your dream ride. How do expect an RT01 to be sold for Karizma money? Then there will be no difference the two and no reason for us to buy the cheaper bikes. So work hard towards that dream Yamaha of yours. And I feel 10.5 lakhs is not big money when old relic of a bike like the Bullet in all it's avatars can cost close to or more than 1 lakh.

Then, according to ya, how many people are you sure ll buy the bike?May be 7% to 10% and do ya think this value can compete with the sales figures of other big manufacturers in our country? The only solution to this problem is reducing cost and btw i dont mean it must be priced in par with the karizma as you have referred to.