Sign in to follow this  
prathamesh

DIESEL Honda City and CRV

It's been long since Honda has been taking big blows from it's competitors especially in the C segment and the Softroader SUV segment, Honda City despite being the BESTSELLER for the company hasn't been selling so well lately and has been over taken by the VW Vento in terms of sales..all this only because of the LACK of a Diesel and on top of that the astronomical petrol prices. Also the CRV is facing tough competition from the likes of BMW's X1 , Skoda Yeti etc.

However future does seem bright for Honda since it's possibly coming out with a i-CTDi DIESEL engine..which promises 100 kms on 5 litres of diesel while not compromising on performance, it's heard that Honda is going to introduce it's i-Dtec diesel engine and i-CTDi diesel engine in it's City and CRV models later this year or early 2012, if this does happen it's surely going to create ripples in the C and softroader segment.! P.S Honda ROCKS!

I wonder how much city and crv going to cost with diesel engines as both already have premium pricing. May be 9 laks for city S model and 26+ laks for crv. God help them with pricing!! 

This news is around since 2005. Who'll buy a Honda diesel anyways ?? City diesel would start at 10 lacs, CRV already costs 23 and 25 lakhs with diesel add another 2 lakh premium. Would you buy a CRV for 27 lakhs ?

This news is around since 2005. Who'll buy a Honda diesel anyways ?? City diesel would start at 10 lacs' date=' CRV already costs 23 and 25 lakhs with diesel add another 2 lakh premium. Would you buy a CRV for 27 lakhs ?[/quote']

smiley32.gif I completely agree with your take on Honda's diesel engine introduction. They should have done it a long time ago.

And now, when eventually , Honda brings it to our shores, they will command a premium over already expensive petrol counterpart and will take a beating from stiff competition in the market.

Now Honda is also jumping into the real war,quite good.Hoping Hondas won't compromise on the drive and ride quality as well as performance for only 1-2 kpl extra economy.

Honda car will be a welcome from my side,to my garage too.Lets see then who the ruler is?

The fact is Honda doesn't know how to make diesel engines.

They are too arrogant to buy engines from other manufacturers

They may develop one but that will take a lot of time and by that time trends will be different..Even petrol hondas cost similar to diesel variants of other companies,so if they ever come up with a diesel city or crv it will be priced too high.

I agree with Crazydoc that Hondas really don't know how to make diesel engines and the cars are going to be pricey too.But still I can bet that Honda will launch the diesel variants of their cars after the complete homework is done and the cars will strike the cord too and surely the Honda cars will have an impact on the market because there are a lot of people who can buy a Honda even before TDing it,same as they do for a Toyota.

@crazy - Doc - Calling Honda arrogrant for not buying diesel engine is uncalled for.Every Company has a policy and will thread according to policy.Besides why should Honda pay for diesel engines when it know how to build them.There is general aversion to diesel by Honda and the company has had similar problems with installing catalytic converter.In  1970s  they developed CVCC engine to counter catalytic converter law in 1970s USA which did successfully for years after which they gave up on CVCC due to tightening emission norms.