koushik

alternator output of Maruti swift diesel

May I please know the Ampere output of Maruti Swift diesel car alternator .The alternator from my friend's swift has been stolen.I have access to used Denso car alternators.

I tried to know alternator specification from the Maruti authorised work shop but they could not figure out ampere output.

------ read the rules, and no salutations at either end.

sgiitk2011-05-14 09:53:56

I will say it should be either in the 60A bracket or the 100A bracket. I will expect the former.How about checking up in another car. Also, the manual (if not users then service) has the information. Ask the workshop to check.

sgiitk2011-05-14 09:53:06

Thanks for reply. The user manual does not disclose this data though it should be included with engine specification.The service manual has the part number but no Ampere output data. My Tata Nano (delux)has massive 70 Amp alternatorsmiley1.gif. So swift should have about 80 to 90 Amp alternator.

The authorised dealer needs to book a new alternator and that may take a long time ! 

I thought may be someone could give me exact detail so that I can pick up right one from the Denso list.

When I went to Maruti service centre the autoelectric engineer was ignorant to this aspect and expressed his inability to get this so called secret data!!!

Check it at the alternator of any other Swift, in an Auto electrical mechanic or Service Centre or of any other known person as probably it is printed on the alternator itself.

Or also try it from Google search.

Yes sir I do have checked alternator of a swift which was in repair. The only thing I could found was the company name DENSO  and the part number. As per google serch the swift alternator is with different output in different countries !

I could found from google that the Suzuki Swift 2011 diesel launched in UK has alternate output of 90 Amps. I guess that it should work because older version of suzuki swift has the same engine !  When I asked this to a Maruti engineer he replied that in Maruti car the ampere output is never more than 65 A  !!. I think that Tata Motors is very transperent in giving such details in owner's manual.