noddy

advice on buying a new car

I presently own a Tata Indigo and want to say tata to it. Among the choice that i have is SX4, Verna transform , Honda City, Linea and Manza. Actually i'am not much in favour of Manza because of poor quality of interiors and frequent small irritants that i had on indigo. Also i need boot space.  I would be buying through CSD.I want good features on inside, comfortable ride for self and family, spare parts must not hurt much along with servicings. If the car is actually good then i can flex my budget also plus minus. Being in transferable job another concern is the service network. Also would it be better to go in for a Diesel or petrol car considering that my monthly running would be about 300-350 kms in a month and may be twice in a year long drives of about 1500 kms . Would the car experts kindly advise. 

for your running i would recommend you to go for a petrol car and you should look at verna fludic which is loaded with features and Hyundai A.S.S. is really reliable as well smiley1.gif

Since you drive less i.e around 350kms/month so petrol car makes better sense & amongst petrol sedans nothing is better than Honda City.

It offers the best blend of Power, performance, looks, fuel efficiency & Refinement.

Go for its mid-S or top-V variant only.

You'll definitely feel its Refinement & Feel of sophistication light years ahead of previously used Indigo.

Dr Nishu i know Honda City is one car  that i can close my eyes and buy coz its reliable. But lately i feel that the honda prices are on the higher side if u see other cars that are offering more features in that price. eg i believe honda top end does not have a climate control ...what do you say?

Hiii Noddy, I am in the same fix as urs, whether to go for honda's reliability or new verna's features, also there is new fiesta in queue.

City's mid version SMT costs 10.75L on road, and there's nothing inside the car in terms of features. So does honda still ranks much above the rest only coz of engine and build quality..which is not bad from the competition if not as good as honda..

10.75 lakhs for smt? smiley7.gif

grrrrrr...... i almost booked smt at 9.25 lakhs full inclusive 2 months back , almost

how much can it differ in bangy? man i know taxes are rotten high there, but so much??

city s mt makes no sense- no alloys, no fog lamps, and the list goes on

i suggest noddy go for multiple test drives each of the cars ur thinking of, mainly city, verna, sx4,vento

sx4 and verna offer maximum value for money followed by fiesta vento and honda in that order of vfm

enthusiasts oriented cars are city,linea,fiesta,vento and sx4 in no particular order

But lately i feel that the honda prices are on the higher side if u see other cars that are offering more features in that price. eg i believe honda top end does not have a climate control ...what do you say?

No doubt Honda cars are expensive over its competitiors but the Reality is that they offers One of the Best, Supersmooth & superefficient Engines.

She will recover its Initial extra investment in its first 1-2years of Ownership with its frugality(Ask our ACI-ian driftpunk about this or about the same in its thread at http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5508&PN=1

You'll never get such kind of pleasurable experience in an Hyundai fluidic Verna or such frugality in any Ford sedan.

So go & get it without any hesitation. 

300-350 km's per month --> 3500 km's per year.

Go for a Petrol car. A diesel car doesn't make sense over here. I am one of the few Petrol heads on this forum. Please come up with any doubts you may be having.

(Ask our ACI-ian driftpunk about this or about the same in its thread at http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5508&PN=1

Go ahead and checkout. I have posted a number of ownership updates which include the costs and maintainance charges. driftpunk2011-05-23 02:24:19