parthi2929

Maruti Ritz or i10 Asta??

ok, coming back to focus:

hatchback needs rear wiper, washer stuff esp. in my city, where half an year is rainfall season.. (people say, its not needed for sedan due to its shape).. so I am sticking to that...

Also, except i10, in other hatchbacks, rear wipers are only seen in top variants generally.. its also difficult to fit them after wards (wiper would be ok but washer would be difficult to integrate later costing much more)

I have attached an image here with cars that fit in this confined space.. (assume no road tax and all with insurance about Rs.15000 additional to its showroom price)

http://postimage.org/image/20tlrzjes/

The more green boxes on the right (ABS,airbags, rear wiper,..rear power window), the more the car is favoured..

I could choose i10 Sportz (atleast which gives me rear wiper and window), for (4.5 + 0.15 = 4.65L). Since dealer says free insurance, its again 4.5L only.

Or I could climb up a little and choose Ritz ZXI for 5L. Dealer says Rs.20000 off, so taking care insurance and other stuff (registration,etc), its around 5L only

Climbing up a little higher gets me Ritz Vdi at 5.21. No offer for diesel. So (5.21 + 0.15 = 5.36L) (no offers, no abs, airbags, not even rear wiper, washer stuff,.. ok additional abs cost about 25k more)

Similarly Swift VDi = 5.37+0.15 = 5.52L (no offers, no abs, airbags, not even rear wiper, washer stuff,.. ok additional abs cost about 25k more)

Swift Zxi = 5.39 + 0.15 = = 5.54L (abs, airbags, all bells and whistles)

Figo = 5.48 + 0.15 = 5.63L (abs, airbags, rear wiper, washer, but no rear power window but diesel engine)

So essentially, I could stay at i10 sportz for 4.5L compromizing airbags, abs, but getting rear wiper, rear power window.. Hyundai ASS is also not bad

I could climb up getting all ABS, Airbags, rear stuff at 5L with Ritz (should only bear its ugly looks)

Swift ZXi with all these at 5.54L (so looks also taken care, ride better than ritz) = but a little more about this price, figo offers titanium diesel! but when is the new facelift version.. thats a big question mark

Also due to facelift, the current pre facelift version will get a beat on its resale value.

Figo = as u could see above, if I just could stand not having rear power window (its kinda makes feel, car is incomplete for the money I pay and comfort I need) and poor ASS, its excellent VFM, offering ABS, airbags and disel at 5.63L (yes above budget but still could think of stretching)

Thats why I raised the question of choosing between i10 sportz (by mistake I typed Asta in topic but asta is overpriced for what it offers), ritz zxi and Figo titanium

Note that in i10 and ritz, I am getting that offer making the deal sweeter.. no offer in swift (even in petrol) and figo..

I wanted to wait a little to see how new swift is gonna be (as it could fit figo's place in case they release zdi with abs, airbags, rear stuff, etc) and with excellent

ASS from maruti. But looks like its gonna take more than 3 or 4 months due to strike. I want to see if new swift makes a sweet spot within my list above...

Currently i10 sportz, Ritz zxi and Figo titanium - to choose if to go for a car

I am reluctant to shell more than 5 for a petrol car as diesel engine show up from there onwards...thats why I also commented its (ABS, airbags) vs (diesel) .. but see ritz zxi,.. its offering them at 5L itself..

Also is it possible to make figo suspension a little stiff so that underbody hit could be avoided?

Any body tried to contact ford regarding rear power window? any word from them? Atleast there should be possibility to fit it afterwards if needed.

(imagine this: suppose I drive alone and my rear windows are open, I feel hot so I decide to switch on AC.. now, in other cars similar to figo, I could simply close it by button but in figo, i have to stop, go back, close them and then come back, start and switch on AC.. thats the kinda inconvenience i was talking about.. its ok that it does not open completely but I need a control to close it fully)

suppose I drive alone and my rear windows are open' date=' I feel hot so I decide to switch on AC.. now, in other cars similar to figo, I could simply close it by button but in figo, i have to stop, go back, close them and then come back, start and switch on AC.. thats the kinda inconvenience i was talking about.. its ok that it does not open completely but I need a control to close it fully) [/quote']

May I ask what's the need of opening of Rear Window glass when you're driving alone ! !

Even its not advisable to open these if you're travelling a single or with a front co-passenger only.

Regarding Suspension, By no means its suspension can be stiffened but you can raise by an Inch or two by using taller strut inserts to get saved from underbody scrapings.

One of my friend have done the same.

Currently i10 sportz' date=' Ritz zxi and Figo titanium - to choose if to go for a car

I am reluctant to shell more than 5 for a petrol car as diesel engine show up from there onwards...thats why I also commented its (ABS, airbags) vs (diesel) .. but see ritz zxi,.. its offering them at 5L itself.. [/quote']

Just wait till 26th of June, afterthat you'll be having another Class leading Hatchback in your wishlist -Toyota Etios Liva.

Expectedly its going to feature extremely fuel efficient & driveable 1.2l, 80PS DOHC petrol engine mated to Good looking bodyshell with Comfortable, spacious interiors & all this at very tempting price of Rs 3.96-5 lacs.

Expected FE of this car is more Realistic 20kmpl than unrealistic 20+kmpl of Hyundai i10 kappa2, as it delivers not more than 15-16kmpl overall.

Also is it possible to make figo suspension a little stiff so that underbody hit could be avoided? 

You can insert Suspension Spacers. Those are small rubber bushes which can be easily inserted into your suspension coil.

Are you seriously considering Figo P? I won't touch it with a barge pole.

Are you in a hurry to buy a car urgently? If not, you can choose from 3 wonders, viz, Liva/ New Swift/ Brio.

If you are in such a hurry and would like to stick to petrol, nothing like Ritz ZXI.

parthi , yes everyone is right, do wait for the Liva at least,. as its around the corner

i personally believe the hatch segment is catching fire,and in future. literally aag lagnewali hai , with the launch of Liva, swift and brio.

everyone will try and get the volumes, so i think no one will leave any fault or two. Maruti, being the king, has been under attack from Hyundai , and with ford and Volkswagen small cars doing wonders, i think maruti will pack in a lot of worth in the new swift.

if possible  wait for launch of each of them , go for long multiple test drives and decide yourself.

i personally think the liva and swift would be the chartbusters.

May I ask what's the need of opening of Rear Window glass when you're driving alone ! !

Even its not advisable to open these if you're travelling a single or with a front co-passenger only.

Regarding Suspension' date=' By no means its suspension can be stiffened but you can raise by an Inch or two by using taller strut inserts to get saved from underbody scrapings.

One of my friend have done the same.

[/quote']

You surely can ask! :)

Its not opening on the go... I will not want to open rear glass on the go.. Its like this... Suppose I carry some rear passengers (say family members), drop them, (they left rear open), and I took off.. on the way, I wanted to switch AC on... now u could imagine my situation.. I should stop again to do that.. similar situations will arise.. just we dont know.. when they do, I need this convenience to close the doors.. (ofcourse everytime I cant remind whoever sits on rear to make sure to close the rear glasses)..

And waiting for new cars, do you think its good idea to go for new cars so soon after their launch.. only after an year, we could come across issues in them (like steering rattle etc).. dont you think we should allow that settling period (this may not apply to facelift versions much with some exceptions like kappa)

@Parthi:

In the case you have mentioned above.I'd like to advise you to get the car and after that get aftermarket power window fitments for your rear.So simple it is and not too much pricey too.

@Parthi:

In the case you have mentioned above.I'd like to advise you to get the car and after that get aftermarket power window fitments for your rear.So simple it is and not too much pricey too.

Thats the catch in figo TSiVipul..the dealers say its not possible.. there is no power window because of its design and there will be no place for motor it seems.. I could not also double check this in internet... I searched for users who did it in their figo but could not find any such incidents... It will be great if any user who has done it could share his exp..

Wow,that's even greater Parthi.

Simple,get the Figo out of your list and go to your nearest Maruti Suzuki dealer and get a Ritz/Sift ZXI or VDi(ABS) booked for you,but remember if you buy VDi then get the ZXi rims and tyres for it.

@Dr.Nishu & Vipul, there is nothing personal i commented, if my words hurt-ed you then i am extremely sorry for the same.

It always not the same that we own to many vehicles to comment on each and every on. We drive them of a friend or relative or at showrooms or workshops and have some opinions and more on the research of many vehicles we come to some conclusions and hope i am eligible to make some comments after driving too many vehicles for last 20 years and i do this continuously as this is my hobby.

ok now coming to the topic. a small example i share here which may help parthi if he go for diesel. we are 3 of us close friends and we bought 3 new cars after lot of research i think from last 2 years. first one got swift VDI, second one Ford figo diesel Titanium and third my self a Ritz LDI. after driving the cars for almost 2 months by now regularly interchanging with each other all 3 of us come to a conclusion that the buying a ritz LDI was good decision in many aspects and buying Figo was a bad decision becoz of its suspension which hits every small speed breaker,no head room and sitting inside is difficult and cramped, there is no scope for rear windows going completely down as we found it as a design problem(2 of us mech & automobile engineers) which ford is projecting as a safety feature for children thru their sales team. there is a clear turbo-lag of diesel in 2nd gear of Figo. so regarding diesel cars this is our final say that Ritz LDI is a good bet and

with our resent research we felt even Ritz petrol performance is very good with k12 engine + more comfort seating.

you can wait and see for etios liva and brio if you would like to go for petrol. but still i suggest that do not try to test a new vehicle when you have a tight budget issues.

Personally i suggest please don't go for I10, no doubt it is a great car but it eats away your packet on maintenance as one of the hyundai workshop is just in front of my office gate where lot of hyundai car owners sit in my premises everyday and i get the 1st hand owners feel with their troubles in the maintenance cost.

ok now coming to the topic. a small example i share here which may help parthi if he go for diesel. we are 3 of us close friends and we bought 3 new cars after lot of research i think from last 2 years. first one got swift VDI' date=' second one Ford figo diesel Titanium and third my self a Ritz LDI. after driving the cars for almost 2 months by now regularly interchanging with each other all 3 of us come to a conclusion that the buying a ritz LDI was good decision in many aspects and buying Figo was a bad decision becoz of its suspension which hits every small speed breaker,no head room and sitting inside is difficult and cramped, there is no scope for rear windows going completely down as we found it as a design problem(2 of us mech & automobile engineers) which ford is projecting as a safety feature for children thru their sales team. there is a clear turbo-lag of diesel in 2nd gear of Figo. so regarding diesel cars this is our final say that Ritz LDI is a good bet and

with our resent research we felt even Ritz petrol performance is very good with k12 engine + more comfort seating.

[/quote']

Ritz LDI was better than swift VDI?? as I said, only problem I see with ritz is its looks..   smiley3.gif

I was hoping someone would say me, rear power window could be fixed,... as dr_nishu suggested, cant the underbody hit could be handled??

if rear window could be fixed, then only thing that to be fixed is the A.S.S from Ford.. :)

Yes Parthi,

Ritz LDI is better than Swift VDI or LDI practically. if you look at only the sporty ness inside the car and outlooks then its swift scores on ritz, but you have to note one point that when swift was introduced in 2006 nobody liked it for 2 years then slowly people started accepting the model with its performace and negative looks become positive. so same story with ritz, its a beatiful european model splash as i have seen this car on european roads few years back and liked it, so it is the time for Indian crowd to like this car with its superior performance and comfort.

Swift is good car no doubt about it, but it has become 6 year old and getting outdated as the new model is expected to be launched in sep'2011.

so decide yourself now !!

Apart from figo, and punto (exclude indica, micra), what are other cars with diesel, abs and airbags and within 6L on road?

as i see, polo - 3 cyl and soon getting 4 i think

swift and ritz - no zdi carrying abs and airbags

chevy beat diesel - 3 cyl

I had a small bike accident yesterday.. muscle injuries.. would take atleast 2 weeks to become normal.. but this made me lean more towards faster decision on car.. man, our cities are getting more and more dangerous, thanks to traffic, negligence driving, handling and discipline on road.

@Parthi : get well soon, be careful man its quite dangerous these days with bike on our roads exactly in 2004 similar thing happened to me and made me to buy my first car in 2006. these i just use bike for within 1km radius.

beat diesel may come in July or august, but its ground clearance is very bad. there is one Chevrolet service center opposite to my office so i see them daily where the road is not good this car will hit the ground.

so check this before you think of Chevy beat

as far as i know, the airbags are not really required stuff. we only need to see that do we have any space left at bonnet when there is a crash and what is the design of the car on sides that's it. the airbags are useful on other countries where the accidents will be fatal there with the speeds like 200 to 280 miles per hour. in India i never heard that somebody really survived with airbags

even ABS-EBD is useful when you drive only above 100kms.

@Parthi:

Get well soon bro.Now its what you really need to get a car as soon as possible.

In terms of biking I'd advise you to be a bit more careful,I always keep myself with the traffic speed while riding and it has kept me safe with no accident on bike ever i my 50k kms driving experience.

I'd still advise you to get either a Ritz/Swift ZXi or VDi ABS,airbags are not that much important when you have ABS to help you in emergency situations.

@DD, @@gurrala, @TSiVipul: thanks to all :)

yes, looks like time for a car.. but w.r.t road taxes, there is a confusion prevailing.. some states allow yearly payment option for CG emp and others not so clear.

pl. check my thread here:

http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum//forum_posts.asp?TID=8803

as u could see, this road tax option could really be a deal breaker or maker in my case :)

pl. share ur experiences in that thread