J.Ravi

High Pressure Washer

A few days back, I bought Black&Decker high pressure washer PW1570TD with angular nozzle and brush for Rs 6499 as against total MRP of Rs 10,069 at Metro, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore, to keep my Linea clean. I was shown demo of both Bosch Aquatak100 and Black&Decker PW1570TD. I decided in favour of the latter in view of its economical pricing [Rs 6499 vs 6990], provision of wheels at the base to facilitate movement [no wheels in Bosch Aquatak], higher pressure [120 bars vis-a-vis 100 bars], more cable length [5 m as against 3.5 m], etc. Metro said there is a free trial period of 7 days, and if I am not satisfied, I can return it and get back refund/credit voucher/replacement. I was suggested to get the warranty card stamped during my next visit after expiry of 7 days free trial period. Here are some photographs:

201161993150_500.jpg

201161993233_500.jpg

201161993215_500.jpg

201161993251_500.jpg

Good purchase, I will check out the same in my City.

Have seen Bosch Aquatak 100plus, for ~8-9K here.

Do let us know of its performace, is the pressure sufficient & for how long can one keep it running at full pressure?

is the pressure sufficient & for how long can one keep it running at full pressure?

Thanks' date=' BornFree. During demo at Metro, I was warned not to put my hand in front of the jet as it would injure my hand at maximum pressure [120 bars']. Nothing has been mentioned in the user manual about maximum running time in full pressure. I have requested for demo at my home. Let me see.

If you love your washer, put a small "in-line" filter in the water supply hose.  It's the same filter you use for a washing machine.  Otherwise the pump will loose pressure quickly as the piston and valve seat wear out.

@Brn2Crz: good idea but the water flow demanded by a pressure washer is huge. The filter will not permit enough flow, and then the safety will cut in preventing high pressure. I have a Karcher bought in 1991 so have some experience.

IN addition to the washer one thing I find very useful is the drain cleaning tool.

sgiitk2011-06-21 04:14:45

If you love your washer' date=' put a?small?"in-line" filter in the water supply hose.?[/quote']

While assembling the pressure washer, I noticed a small built-in filter embedded in the water inlet adopter provided by the manufacturer.   The user manual suggests removal & cleaning the filter frequently. I have not yet tested the pressure washer.

The filter is a wire mesh.  It won't restrict the flow.  I had the same misgivings and the manufacturer told me to get a washing machine in-line filter.  By the way, Karcher is a great brand.

One caution: Not to have your kids around when you use the washer (at 120 bars at full blast would be traumatic), also be careful your self when you use it. Also keep it away from kids or they may use it against each other.

Right now I am using a Bosch washer,I bought it from one of my friends(its a used piece) for just Rs4000 and its working in a good condition.Since I get my cars too cleaned on a washing ramp(made for buses and trucks) so the washer is completely used and gets every part of the car cleaned.In fact I'd advise one to use the washer on a ramp as it helps cleaning the car from bottom too with an ease.

And as advised by Durango,Keep safe-be happy.

Pressure washers are great.  Remember to never wash a hot engine.  Let it cool down till you don't burn your hand when you touch the head.  If you get water on a hot head it will warp.   Also keep in mind  to protect cable connectors.

Metro said there is a free trial period of 7 days' date=' and if I am not satisfied, I can return it and get back refund/credit voucher/replacement.[/quote']

I am sorry to report that today, I returned the Black&Decker Pressure Washer back to Metro as I was not satisfied with the product. It involved a lot of pressure [both literally and metaphorically] to work with. Added to that, the customer care is lousy. I was asking for a demo at my home, but even after a week, nobody came forward in spite of a lot of phone calls. Email that I had sent to the address mentioned in the warranty card bounced. Very pathetic state of affairs.smiley21.gif My Linea is comfortable with the pressure wash from our home borewell pump.smiley1.gif I have got Metro credit voucher for equivalent value which will expire in one year.

2011624154217_500.jpg

Nice discussion. Here is my experience with Nilfisk Power Wash marketed by Eureka Forbes. The machine is very compact and veru efficient. Maximum pressure is 100Bar which is more than enough. This machine comes with in-line filter, a Tornado Nozzle for washing under carriage, a Powerspeed nozzle for washing the body, Foam Sprayer etc. I am using this machine every week to wash my two cars and the results are excellent. The pressure is good and the car is washed and cleaned in no time. One has to be careful with Tornado Nozzle as the pressure is extreme and one can cut one's fingers. This nozzle is not to be used for wasing the painted surface as it will damage the paint. Eureka people are good in arranging demonstration and after sales service.

I also use the machine for cleaning outer walls of mu house to remove dirt and other dirt. One has to take good care of this machine after use and store it peoperly. Good investment.

I hav a Bosch Aquatak 100 plus. It is good as long as it runs but once it gets any problems.... Boy!!!! forget about service and stuff. Hopeless service!!!! U can consider it as a "Use and Throw" kind-a-machine. I have had to face a lot of problem with bosch's service. smiley19.gif. The water keeps mixing with the oil compartment. Major Major problem.....

Can anyone please recommend me a good pressure washer with long life and good service in the price range of 6-7k.

I've been following this thread and have some 'nits'....

I currently have a 150rs pressure washer (or so its called) that i picked up from the road.

Pressure or not I dont know.. But it pushes out water from the pipes a lot faster and more streamlined than with a simple hose.

However I've seen that it does not remove the resident dirt that gets sucked in beside the sidewalls and the lower portions of the doors and I have to wipe it with a cloth later on..

My point is , does this pressure wash remove that filth as well..

It`s really great idea. Thanks for sharing how to To Use a Pressure Washer Effectively. This tips are really important for me because I want to buy pressure washer to help me clean my house. I`ll follow this post to chose a pressure washer.

Recently bought Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure washer, And i think this one is best pressure washer instead of your Black&Decker high pressure washer PW1570TD washer,  didn't get any positive reviews anywhere on internet.

@Nataliaroger In India Sun Joe brand is alien. We have Black and Decker High pressure machine in our housing society, which I happen to repair, works fine. Amazon.com(US) has 1000plus reviews with 4.5star ratings for the model you mentioned. So it must be good.

8 hours ago, vikky1971 said:

@Nataliaroger In India Sun Joe brand is alien. We have Black and Decker High pressure machine in our housing society, which I happen to repair, works fine. Amazon.com(US) has 1000plus reviews with 4.5star ratings for the model you mentioned. So it must be good.

Alright got it, I was thinking that some of the people belongs to USA, that's why i mentioned sun joe spx3000 as a best pressure washer. 1 more thing i want to add is, people from usa read reviews of top sites before they make any purchase. As same as i did, http://www.findpowerwasher.com helped me alot to finalize my purchase. may be someone from usa will get benefit of that website.

Cheers!