sgiitk

Feature your new ride ( 4-wheelers)

Cars have always been my heartbeat and from the first day I drove one(8th class when I was 14)I have driven hundreds of then and the cars I currently own are:-

Hyundai i10 Kappa astaMine is a non sunroof Asta variant,Asta because ABS and airbags are a must for me in any car.I bought it used(9k kms) from a farmer's son of Gurgaon for a very small amount,small enough to make many people think if I am saying truth or not.

I got the car wider tyres of 165 section with black alloys because the car is black too.I love the interior design of the car and the wooden finish on the dashboard really looks very upmarket.There are some small problems with the car,but its pros eclipses its cons.Now the car has done 31003 kms as on today and is running as strong as it was new.

Toyota Innova V D-4DThis car was bought by my father in 2007 when he was a politician,after he quit politics the car lost its real ornaments(beacon and hooters)but still its my favorite and I always love to drive it.Although its aged but with very careful maintainance and pre-time servicing(only synthetic engine oils)I have manged to keep it running as good as it was new and trying to achieve my target of running the car for 2 lac kms hassle free.The car has now done 57461 kms as on today.

Skoda Laura TSIThis is my sweetheart but less then my Innova,I don't know why,but it is.Basically this car is used by my father and I get it seldom in my hands.The blasting performance+Luxury of the car makes it the best car at the price and is a well balanced package too.You can use this car both as a driver's car as well as a chauffeur driven ride too.It simply excels in both the fields.And a decent FE is a bonus too.

Only problem with the car is the weak Skoda network,else the car really is perfect.

In the above journey came other cars too,which are as follows:-

MS WagonR lxi,Swift vxi.

Mahindra Armada,Bolero GLX.

Tata Indigo LX,Safari EX(2009-2009,sold in just 4 months because father disliked it).

A request: Since we did not have such a thread earlier we were mainly posting in the Main Area of Readers Test Team. If you have a thread please PM me with the link, I will try and move it here.

Well..this is an awesome idea by you sir..here are my beauties-

Chevrolet cruze-This is the latest baby in my garage..got it delivered in caviar black color last september..got it after persuading my dad very hard.smiley4.gif And he dosent regret it in the least..we just love the way it draws eyeballs whereever it goessmiley2.gif only reason for getting this in black was that both of our other cars are in white...because dad is absolutely in love with white...but now we realise that this beast looks even more gorgeous in blacksmiley2.gifwill post the pics if anyone is interested..

Honda city-Had bought it for my sister's marriage purpose last july..it is in Tafeta white color..looks absolutely gorgeous in that color..

Hyundai Santro-had bought this girl back in 2002 ..again in white color...still works like a dream....dont have a single scratch on it...hasn't given me any trouble...just fill it with petrol and drive..and the ocassional oil change....still going strongsmiley2.gifvignesh2011-07-01 09:34:48

Our Civic:

the girl is 6 and half years old now. still going strong. A.S.S has been near perfect. it got some scratches to some careless bikers. its black. the 2.0 litre engine is still smooth. the low range torque is a bit of a bother since its quite less. but after 3K RPM it flies. and some. interior leather has some scratches and dirt. will get it polished soon. boot is small. that is another weak point. otherwise quite a good and satisfying ownership!

Ford Endeavour 4X2 2.5litre MT:

I like this hot piece among all the SUVs because of its monster look and descent FE. The riding comfort is really awesome and which plays a major role among the other SUVs like fortuner, x-trail or tucson. Its performance is enough blasting to acheive anything regarding speed or torque whatever.

LANCER-D:

For my daily rough usage which is an outstanding machine in our Indian history so far.  The features are not much updated comparing with our new generation cars, but i bet our new generation cars too su*ks when comparing with its handling and highway riding fun or showoff etc. Sadly it has no turbo and and only 68bhp hearted. But the top speed is 170-180kmph with an attractive road grip and excellency.

(And many more...)

Has anyone bought a new car recently' date=' within last month or so? Any Etios owners here? [/quote']

Bought a etios for a very close relative of mine recently, any help required or its regarding toyota tour for its owners.

@Sandy-my heartiest congratulations to you for your latest acquisition!!do post some pics!!
thanks a lot vignesh. i will surely post the pics

The best ever I have bought should be the Camaro. That is the car which I had exclusively owned and driven apart from the Cruze I have now. Though my parents have better cars, (better in terms of build and ride quality,handling)the sheer performance of the Camaro makes u smile. American RWD cars (both muscle and luxury) have this beaten down feel to them which is great because u feel like u have a tamed beast willing to explode. When u press it hard, it explodes ,pushing out a gush of power.

I am one of the unlucky few who wanted a Camaro but didn't book one when bookings opened. So, when the Camaro because available in showrooms, there was intense demand for it and dealers marked p the price anywhere between 1000-3000 $. My local dealer wanted $2000 above MSRP(recommended retail price)(Dealers have the right to charge anything they want for the car, there are no mrps un america). So, I found a dealer online who was willing to give away the car for $300 below MSRP.So, me and my dad drove 270 miles from Houston ,Texas to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to get the car.

American car dealerships are glorified fish markets. You should negotiate everything from the price, financing,insurance, options etc. Anyone going to a car dealer in America should be ready for that. You can even get $10000 off on a $50000 car or truck if u negotiaite hard even though the dealer might have displayed only $4000 off in advertisements. If u are not alert, u will get badly ripped off.

Here are some pics which I took right on the dealer lot in enthusiasm.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104532242455402270049/ChevroletCamaro?authkey=Gv1sRgCNPzwfjVlJ_LsQE

The other car which I like so much is the Cadillac CTS and my dad drives it. Its a 2008 model with AWD and 3.6 L DI V6 which produces 304 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. I like the poise and control of the car. The car was among the first dozen or so which our dealer received that time. My dad had a 2004 Cadillac CTS RWD before that .So, when he went to srvice the car, he had a look at this. Then our whole family had a look and that was it . The Cadillac CTS 4 was ours.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104532242455402270049/CadillacCTS4AWD?authkey=Gv1sRgCKPmp6fusOGBYg#

Unfortunately , the Camaro is up for sale . My sister is moving from Texas to CA ,so we have to sell it. Having a Camaro in CA doesn't make any sense for her. High fuel prices ($4 a gallon),high insurance costs(DUI) and bumper to bumper traffic makes it hard for her to drive it. If I had moved to CA or any such place, i wouldn't sell that. I have a great driving record with no tickets. Alas, I am 10000 miles away.

ragav206932011-07-04 11:55:42

@Ragav-thats a very neat lineup of cars you have got there...and thanks for posting the pics as i had asked yousmiley2.gif oh i am so in love with the camaro and the CTS ....I so badly envy you!!...sad to hear that you'll have to let it go...how does it feel like downgrading from a camaro to a cruze eh?smiley2.gif

and isnt the screen of the stereo in your car the same as the one in the cruze??vignesh2011-07-04 15:13:26

Thats true. I think it belongs to the GM parts bin. Its so typical of GM and VW group. They tend to have interchangeable parts across brands.

Opel Astra and Chevrolet Cruze share a lot .The Z-link suspension(not available in India),engines, interior bit and yet the Astra feels upscale and is the same with VW/Audi.

That said, the Camaro's interior is the unique in the whole of GM.ragav206932011-07-04 15:31:15

I learnt to drive on a Mazda Protege. Its small and sporty.I think the Cruze comes close to that. To tell the truth, it took a month for me to get used to the Camaro properly. The CTS on paper is bigger, but feels smaller when u sit behind the wheel.The Camaro on the other hand felt like a monster as its based on the zeta full size sedan chassis shared with the Holden Commodore.

I don't think its a downgrade. People drive different cars in different countries. If I lived in Denmark(most expensive place to own a car), I wouldn't mind buying a Toyota Aygo because its much better to drive a car than use public transport.The best part about the Cruze is that it manages to be sporty without having a taut ride (Mazdas which are sporty tend to be very taut).

In a fortnight, I will try out compact cars like 1.4 T Cruze ,Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra ,Mazda 3(If it was available,I would have bought it over the Cruze), new VW Jetta 2.5 and Honda Civic(not too excited) and i'l compare them comprehensively. I am at looking at loaded models for my sister after getting rid of the Camaro. ragav206932011-07-04 16:43:28

Is there any Pajero owner on the forum?If not then is there anyone on the forum who has driven and experienced the Pajero for a thousand kms at least.If yes,then please mention your experience here because I want to know about that as I am now planning to buy a used Pajero.

Santor Xing: Bought in 2003 and just sold this year. Being my first car, this is the one i love (even though i had to sell it with a very heavy heart). Very refined engine, never gave any problem, no scratches, decent FE...

Safari EX: Bought this 3 years ago and still going strong...

There are not too many SUV to match it's presence. yes, people might say Tata has quality issues but for me this is best VFM SUV in market...

Unmatchable space, king on highways, built to last forever, FE is very decent 11 kmpl in city and 15 on highways...can't ask for more

Etios: This is the latest one to enter our home...Best VFM entry level sedan in the market as of now...

excellent space, very good peppy engine, good FE....

people have said a lot about it's interior design but to me it's more than adequate and if one can spend 30k extra on music system, seat covers etc...looks completely transformed...

Ritz Ldi: got delivery after a waiting period of around 1 month in NCR GGN region.

But right now, not much to say about ride as I have not put myself behind the wheels so far. :)