hector0285

Correct Tyre Pressure

HI GUYS

I HAVE PURCHASED SKODA LAURA TDI DIESEL AT AND
I AM GOING ON T LONG DRIVE ON A HIGEWAY COULD ANYONE TELL ME THE CORRECT TYRE PRESSURE TP BE MAINTED IN CITY DRIVING AND HIGHWAY .

Thread moved & Title edited.

Note from ACI-Support: Use Capital letters where required only.
BornFree2011-07-10 15:55:33

The correct tyre pressure should be mentioned somewhere on the drivers door side or in the manual. For highway drives you can keep 1 psi higher than recommended.?

hi,

On highways, IMO, the tyre pressure should be kept 1psi lower because :

1.) On highways, due to prolonged driving, tyres and the air inside becomes hot and expands. This would inflate the tyre by some degree. If the tyre is already over-inflated, it could lead to a tyre-burst.

2.) If the pressure is a little lower, vehicle would move with more stability and won't wobble as with higher air-pressure tyres.

Correct me if i am  wrong it can be somewhere at around 32/33 psi front & rear. Do check out for the same on the right side of the door panel once you open the door.

Some people say that a bit high will ease off lane changing and efficiency. But your explanation sounds good too.?

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

You have heard it correct. High air-pressure will surely give better FE figures and make handling more precise, but at the pretext of ride-comfort and safety.

A little high pressure could be maintained in city use.

Well,my Laura,in fact not only Laura but i10 and Innova too.All of them runs on the recommended tyre pressure and I have found no problem with any one of them till today.Grip levels,high-speed stability everything is simply good and I don't find any problem at all with it.

Its only in winters that I over-inflate the tyres by 2-3 psi.

Since my edit button is not appearing so I am posting back to back:

I frequently do 160-200 speeds in my Laura but till today have not found any problems related to ride and stability and the tyre wear is also okay(actually my tyres are wearing only because of drifting).

honestly its quite debatable as to what is the correct tyre pressure.

my fiat manual does not say anything about it.

And most tend to give me an range between 32-34.

So i decided to just stick to 34 always.

especially after i bought the pressure gauge and a pump I inflate the tyres myself so quite happy with 34

I'm also keen to know what is the right pressure ..

32 psi is ok if it does not hurt ride. Actually there is nothing called  "ideal tyre pressure". One which is not under inflated and does not cause trouble in ride and handling is the best. Still you can check with some i20 owners, although i20 is heavier than i10

@Sb Alto:

Actually the tyres does not really hurt the ride so it must be okay.

Is it advisable to keep the pressure difference between the front and rear tyres of hatches,if yes then why?

I am not aware of this pressure differences to be honest. Major car makers advice similar pressure on all four tyres and I follow the same.. If you sit 3 passengers and load with luggage, you may keep 1 psi higher.(My idea). Unless front and rear tyres are different in terms of sizes, it should not have different pressure recommendation.

**edit**

Some sedans do have different pressure in front tyres due to more weight I guess.

sb-alto2011-07-21 17:42:42

245 kpa  which is about 35 psi. Average speed is never above 120km (unless you like to pay fines)  It handles better, cooler and there is an improvement in mileage as well as even wear.  Keep in mind that the max temp on the tire is not the bursting pressure which is 4-5 times that.

i couldnt locate anything on the door panel of my ford endeavour, can any one let me know what is the right tyre pressure for ford endeavour2*4....thanks

My ford endeavour has crossed 74k mark,the tyres seem to control the steering ....is it just a wheel balancing and aligning job or do i have to go for a shox job.

Posts merged.
BornFree2011-09-01 12:00:08

I think follow the tyre manufacture guideline it helps in many ways, When you change tire sizes you need to change the tire pressure to match those original load carrying requirements and required pressure will change depending on the car.