Sign in to follow this  
vnp1606

Starting trouble with M800

....... Deleted

I have started seeing starting trouble with my Maruti 800 (2007 make) in this monsoon. Battery is OK which was replaced just 10 months back. Ignition has to be tried 5-10 times for engine to fire. The worst part is during running, the engine stalls (loses the current according to mechanic) and I have a diffucult time in traffic.

My question is is this something normal? Especially, the second part? Anyone who has experienced this before? Is it some serious problem or just a monsoon time trouble?

Would appreciate if someone can answer these questions. Thanks a lot for your time and understanding...

........ Deleted

No salutations or sign off please. mods

sgiitk2011-07-13 06:44:46

@Vnp1606:

Got the same problem with my i10 too about 15 days back,my car used to start okay when it was cool but as the engine started heating up the starting problems started persisting.After driving 20-30 kms the car started stalling up and took either very long to ignite or two-three attempts to start up.

I don't know what Hyundai guys have done but my chauffeur told me that the spark plug-heads(those which are used to give current to the spark plugs) were changed and I paid them about 2k for the work to be done.

Now the problem is solved.

@Vnp1606:

Well right now talked to a service advisor from Maruti,the guy told me that it is a problem with the ignitor and will cost you 1.5-3k.

Just get it checked and tell us the results.

Thanks guys for all your help. I got the car repaired at Maruti service center.

Just for your information, the trouble was completely different. Even the mechanic in my area thought the problem to be with Spark plug head or spark plugs. But actually it was with idle control valve (which is just below the throttle valve). That was cleaned, fuel injector and throttle body was cleaned and the problem seems to be resolved now. In the retrospect, I realized that the engine was stalling when it was idling- e.g. when clutched or most of the times waiting for traffic lights.

Another curious thing is music system now does not work when engine is idling. Any ideas on that?- Thanks once again for all your answers- Vinay