Gizarte

Synthetic Question

Hi All,

My friend has just started to stock Synthetic oil Castrol GTX. He is recommending me to get it filled in my 2 scooters (2002 Activa and 2010 Aviator) and One car 2008 Indica. He said that it will be really good for these and will give many benefits in long terms. Regarding this I have some query please help me out!

1) Does Synthetic oil will not damage 100 cc scooters engines?

2) We also have 1996 Zen and 2010 Figo but he said Figo already has it and it is not worth filling zen with it. Is it So?

I am using Mobil1 synthetic oil for my swift vdi

On the whole car is as smooth as butter it doesn't even strain when revved at 4000-4500 RPM..

Picks up Faster..

The car feels like friend rather than a car...

Hi All' date='

My friend has just started to stock Synthetic oil Castrol GTX. He is recommending me to get it filled in my 2 scooters (2002 Activa and 2010 Aviator) and One car 2008 Indica. He said that it will be really good for these and will give many benefits in long terms. Regarding this I have some query please help me out!

1) Does Synthetic oil will not damage 100 cc scooters engines?

2) We also have 1996 Zen and 2010 Figo but he said Figo already has it and it is not worth filling zen with it. Is it So?

[/quote']

1. Castrol GTX is not synthetic at all. It is 100% mineral oil. Even Castrol magnatec is semi synthetic. Only Castrol edge is full synthetic.

2. Castrol GTX is not suitable for gearless scooters.

3. Zen can be easily filled with Castrol GTX. It is 20w50, so should not cause any trouble.

4. If the Indica is diesel then you need castrol gtx diesel.

I read on article by an expert on synthetic oils ,

Final recommendation I's Follow API / SAE recommended oils by car company and buy in 5 litres cans to save money as well

Thanks guys for a very warm reply.

The cars are topped up with synthetic oil including Zen.It is really good to invest money on these oils and for me its an difference of day and night. The zen had started behaving nicely and Indica is very silent on move. Sorry the GTX was not an Synthetic oil my mistakesmiley17.gif. I will describe about oil tomorrow as I had a very tiring day. smiley19.gif

i have been using mobil 1 0W - 40 (fully synthetic engine

oil) and though slightly pricier, its more worth it in the long run - capable

of extreme weather conditions (from the very cold to the very hot - perfect for

the weather in Delhi!) and i only need to change very, very seldom.

speaking of which you guys should register and check this

out!

http://www.mobil1.co.in/willyoubetheone/

winners get to go to an all expenses trip to a F1 Grand Prix

to be part of their pit crew! awesomeness!

Been looking for Best engine oil for Royal Enfield classic since long time. I tried for Motul, Castrol but still it ended up with disappointment because the mileage and performance was not that much improved. Recently one of my mechanic suggested to go for Mobil 1 or Divyol engine oil for my 350. Should I try this brand because I have heard about their positive feedback. Is it good to go??